Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mullen Told Cohen Before Egg Bowl He Was Leaving

vCash

Mullen Told Cohen Before Egg Bowl He Was Leaving

Not sure if this is Germans but on today?s Boneyard Rosebowl said that Mullen told Cohen prior to the Egg Bowl that he needed a new challenge and was leaving.

Take that for what it?s worth. At least Mullen offered a heads up and allowed us a jump start on the hiring process.

vCash
    Same shit he did in 2015 but he flopped

vCash
    What challenge did he conquer here to need a new one?

vCash
    It looked like he had quit on us about the arky game.

vCash
    Okay thanks Dan, lay the hell off our recruits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Not sure if this is Germans but on today?s Boneyard Rosebowl said that Mullen told Cohen prior to the Egg Bowl that he needed a new challenge and was leaving.

Take that for what it?s worth. At least Mullen offered a heads up and allowed us a jump start on the hiring process.
    A new challenge? How about picking up a new hobby like.... I don't know, recruiting? Or, coming up with at short-yardage play that isn't "empty-the-backfield-and-run-QB-draw"? There's are a few challenges he could have undertaken.

Suck-it, Danno.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    Good lord man. Just drive over to the athletic side of campus and look around. If you think what you see would be there if he hadn't elevated the program like he did you are just consumed with hatred. You might not have liked him or how he left, but he did a hell of lot for MSU andStarkville.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    Reduced the margin of his losses to Saban.

vCash
    If he told Cohen before, did he also tell the players before the game?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    If he told Cohen before, did he also tell the players before the game?
    Steve said it wasn’t known outside of the Bryan Building.

Listen to the Boneyard about 15 min in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Good lord man. Just drive over to the athletic side of campus and look around. If you think what you see would be there if he hadn't elevated the program like he did you are just consumed with hatred. You might not have liked him or how he left, but he did a hell of lot for MSU andStarkville.
    I fell like ESPN, SEC Network, and Seal money were more responsible than the former coach. Winning does help.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Meh, the relationship had grown stale from both sides. Just look at the actual attendance this year. Also, he seemed to be less than enthusiastic to ask people to show up for Kentucky.

Hell I was pretty pissed at him the way 2014, 2015 and this year ended. As ungrateful as that may be.

vCash
    The Mullen is perfect crowd really needs to own up and accept Danny boy for what he was. Flopped in the Bama game and after in 2014, He thought he was too good for us in 2015 and didnt give a shit in 16 probably should have cost us the bowl streak but we got lucky with the APR. Build him a statue my ass.

vCash
    Mullen did a great job, but I think the relationship had run it’s course.

Mullen is better off at Florida

MSU can grow to greater heights with Moorehead

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    The Mullen is perfect crowd really needs to own up and accept Danny boy for what he was. Flopped in the Bama game and after in 2014, He thought he was too good for us in 2015 and didnt give a shit in 16 probably should have cost us the bowl streak but we got lucky with the APR. Build him a statue my ass.
    I get your point but the program is significantly better today than 9 years ago. Now, much of that coincides with the SEC Network and stability in the President’s office that offered him excellent resources.

He did a great job though. Let’s all move on.

vCash
    So if it's widely known that he tried to get out multiple years then A) Cohen knew it when he became AD and always had the coaching search in his back pocket and B) Scott Stricklin knew Dan Mullen would jump at the offer

vCash
    I supported Dan but when he lied straight to the players face that crossed the line. As my grandfather used to say a man that will lie to your face is capable of anything, stay away. Appreciate what he did to get us to this point but I?m disappointed that he had no more respect for the program that built him into what he IS than to sneak out in the middle of the night. He still has not issued any kind of thank you to the school, fans or people of this University who supported him. Sorry but he?s dead to me. Time for us to move on and forget.

Banned
    vCash
    You could tell in the UMass game Don was thinking about using lack of attendance for an 11am game as an excuse to leave. He knew then he was going to make this his last year here and he had already started building excuses in his mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    I fell like ESPN, SEC Network, and Seal money were more responsible than the former coach. Winning does help.
    If we hadn't been winning we wouldn't have expanded the stadium, we probabaly would have built some sort of football complex, that was long overdue. Now would it have been as nice? I doubt it.

Banned
    vCash
    Steve is GREAT on OM stuff... good on Recruiting... but his sources inside the Bryant building are not great.