Thread: My 14 year old son.....

vCash

My 14 year old son.....

Last year wanted Dan gone when we were 5-7. This year he was upset when he decided to leave. I told him since I was his age I have seen five different head coaches and going to see my sixth.

Now yesterday he was all excited about a new coach. He and his State Fan buddies at school are following the situation. They follow twitter, message boards and hear say from parents, coaches at their school. One of their coaches is a former football bulldawg from late 90's.

I was kind of bummed out over the whole Fitz getting hurt, losing the Egg Bowl and Dan leaving. I guess he and friends are setting examples.

vCash
    I have a 15 year old son and he keeps up with all the twitterverse stuff for me. He's on top of what all the players and recruits are saying. He was pissed at Mullen for the way he lied to the players. He's excited about who we are gonna get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Last year wanted Dan gone when we were 5-7. This year he was upset when he decided to leave. I told him since I was his age I have seen five different head coaches and going to see my sixth.

Now yesterday he was all excited about a new coach. He and his State Fan buddies at school are following the situation. They follow twitter, message boards and hear say from parents, coaches at their school. One of their coaches is a former football bulldawg from late 90's.

I was kind of bummed out over the whole Fitz getting hurt, losing the Egg Bowl and Dan leaving. I guess he and friends are setting examples.
    Jack, I was bummed too but after hearing about our players' reactions and hearing some of the names, I'm completely excited. It's great to hear that your son and his friends are so interested. Bodes well for our future that our younger fans feel that way.

BTW Congrats on raising such a level headed young man.

vCash
    I think we can all give Dan credit for raising the football expectations at MSU, and showing other coaches that they could win big here also. Remember we were ranked #1 in the nation. How many schools can claim that distinction.

vCash
    My daughter is a Freshman on campus and in the FMB. She keeps sending me memes and stuff the students are circulating. They are pissed at Dan.

Best thing I saw was this (no, that is not my daughter in the tweet):

vCash
    Dan couldn't bet OM. That's enough for me not to care too much that he moved on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    My daughter is a Freshman on campus and in the FMB. She keeps sending me memes and stuff the students are circulating. They are pissed at Dan.

That’s awesome

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post

That is awesome!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    I think we can all give Dan credit for raising the football expectations at MSU, and showing other coaches that they could win big here also. Remember we were ranked #1 in the nation. How many schools can claim that distinction.
    Yeah, and I'm sure Alabama hates to see him leave also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert
    Last year wanted Dan gone when we were 5-7. This year he was upset when he decided to leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    BTW Congrats on raising such a level headed young man.
    Um......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Yeah, and I'm sure Alabama hates to see him leave also.
    Matt Luke also in that group. Well Kirby is smiling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    Um......
    He's a kid. Hell you got 18 year old recruits who don't what they want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    He's a kid. Hell you got 18 year old recruits who don't what they want.
    No doubt about that, and nothing against your kid. I wouldn't expect anything else from a teenage boy. Just thought it funny that that was held up as an example of being "level headed". And for the record, I raised girls. They don't even register on the scale of "level headedness".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    No doubt about that, and nothing against your kid. I wouldn't expect anything else from a teenage boy. Just thought it funny that that was held up as an example of being "level headed". And for the record, I raised girls. They don't even register on the scale of "level headedness".
    A lot of it at their age is reactionary,. I have to settle him down in the stadium every once in a while but he still act better then many of the adults sitting around us. Many of those Mullen play calls would make the Pope swear.