Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A different topic / 4th quarter

vCash

A different topic / 4th quarter

Do we retire Journey?

I think we need to change it up to something new. I hate to stop that because it's really cool but it's something that is associated with Doug and we can definitely come up with something new....

Who's got suggestions?

vCash
    Don't Stop Believing is a MSU thing- NOT a Dan thing. So, my suggestion is we keep doing it. We didn't stop ringing cowbells because Ralph Sasse had a nervous breakdown or the Dawg Pound Rock because Jackie left.

vCash
    Next year - Florida game only - when we go up 35-10 in the 4th Q:
    Look What You Made Me Do - Taylor Swift

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bgover4 View Post
    Do we retire Journey?

I think we need to change it up to something new. I hate to stop that because it's really cool but it's something that is associated with Doug and we can definitely come up with something new....

Who's got suggestions?
    RETIRE THAT SHIT ALREADY!!!!!! ITS OVER FOLKS!!!! SOME THINGS NEED TO GO WITH THE PEOPLE WHO ARE NO LONGER WITH US!!!!

BE A TRUE FRIEND TO THE CROWN AND FIND SOMETHING NEW!!!!!

DILLY!! DILLY!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdGen View Post
    RETIRE THAT SHIT ALREADY!!!!!! ITS OVER FOLKS!!!! SOME THINGS NEED TO GO WITH THE PEOPLE WHO ARE NO LONGER WITH US!!!!

BE A TRUE FRIEND TO THE CROWN AND FIND SOMETHING NEW!!!!!

DILLY!! DILLY!!!
    Holy caps lock, Batman!**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Don't Stop Believing is a MSU thing- NOT a Dan thing. So, my suggestion is we keep doing it. We didn't stop ringing cowbells because Ralph Sasse had a nervous breakdown or the Dawg Pound Rock because Jackie left.
    Sir, you are overstepping a line here. I am gonna call you on it. Don't you dare compare the cowbell or DPR to that cheesy ass DSB. Don't, just don't. Not even related or comparable, terrible.....

vCash
    My main thing with 4th qtr is I hope the next coach will actually teach the offense how to run a 2 minute drill.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdGen View Post
    Sir, you are overstepping a line here. I am gonna call you on it. Don't you dare compare the cowbell or DPR to that cheesy ass DSB. Don't, just don't. Not even related or comparable, terrible.....
    ruh, roh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Holy caps lock, Batman!**

OH that was just my relentless strain!!!

vCash
    I'd really like to keep it.

vCash
    Keep it. It's one of the coolest things we do. If you don't get it, sorry.

Dan Mullen didn't write that song and he's not the only person who likes it. It's the #1 most downloaded song of any song from the 20th Century.

Nobody that participates in that song associates it with Dan Mullen, it's a Mississippi State thing.

vCash
    Kill it. It was started for Dan.

vCash
    Here is the thing - if the players want to keep it, then keep it. I know that seems like an odd way to look at it, but if you watch them on the sideline they participate in it too. Hell, Fitz has always hammed it up and gone full blow Steve Perry when it comes on. For our rising RS Seniors (like Fitz), it is something they have been doing since the A&M game 2014 - that's basically their entire career at State. It may have started as a lark because it was Dan's favorite song - but its the participation of the fans and the team that made it their own and made it into a cool tradition. You don't kill something that took off that organically just because "Don liked the song, and Don is gone."

vCash
    This is true. I know we are mostly guys, but half the crowd at every home game is wives, daughters, girlfriends. First thing my daughter asked me when she heard about Mullen leaving was "will we still get to do the Journey song at the 4th Quarter?"

There's a lot more to our gameday experience than the game (thank goodness). Frankly, our gameday sucked for a long long time.
    It's one of the best in the country now and we don't need to start killing things just because we had a coaching change. We'll have others after this one.

vCash
    It was Dan’s idea, it has to go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raymond21 View Post
    It was Dan’s idea, it has to go
    So was expanding the stadium, new weight room, coaches office, etc.., guess we should get rid of that too. Grow up people. It is part of the entertainment of the game and it is a hit. If we can improve on it, then so be it, but not because our coach is gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Drugdog View Post
    So was expanding the stadium, new weight room, coaches office, etc.., guess we should get rid of that too. Grow up people. It is part of the entertainment of the game and it is a hit. If we can improve on it, then so be it, but not because our coach is gone.
    And every sports writer that comes to DWS for a game raves about how cool it is. You don't kill that. If anything, you keep it going in SPITE of Don.

vCash
    People love it. Keep it. If we have to get rid of everything that was Mullen’s idea then we have to run off the entire team and tear down a lot of construction. Some of you sound like two year olds.

vCash
    I say we keep it. It has brought attention from national sportswriters saying its one of the greatest sights they've seen. Way better than Bama's SC coach hollering.

vCash
    Really? A school that has few game day traditions develops a tradition that becomes beloved by almost every person that attends the game, videos of it go viral, and you guys want to end it. That is dumbass. You will be the same ones that complain about cowbells being our only traditions. Stop being foolish.