Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sounds like Pruitt?s name was floated out

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    I got a sneaky feeling Cohen has no issue calling Sexton or any other agent on the carpet and getting in their ass. He might not hire the right guy but he won’t get run over.

vCash
    Look Cohen had a #1 picked out...he?s been interviewed and offered...he?s on a very short clock...probably 24 hours....in the mean time we continue to talk and interview #2 and #3.....this ends soon

vCash
    Fan reaction to a coach is a very big deal nowadays. Especially since we have fans that are worried about replacing a successful coach. If Cohen hires the equivalent of Rick Ray he may end up at Alabama taking orders and doing menial work that Greg Byrne doesn't want to do. So, he kind of has to make sure that he gets this right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    We might be
    Making a mistake or going after him.

vCash
    I wonder if Pruitt is slow walking us waiting on FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Yeah sure.......signed Tennessee fans.
    Shiano would have been their coach if Travis hadn't led an online revolt that ended up on campus.
    Last edited by mstatefan91; 11-27-2017 at 09:28 PM.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    Look Cohen had a #1 picked out...he?s been interviewed and offered...he?s on a very short clock...probably 24 hours....in the mean time we continue to talk and interview #2 and #3.....this ends soon
    Ok, I can see that.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATTILLA THE DOG View Post
    Making a mistake or going after him.
    Going after. I feel like I hear a good bit of good shit but Cohen is really good at keeping things under his shirt which is awesome and honestly there is a good bit of intrigue so far. See the Cannizzarro hire.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrifice View Post
    I wonder if Pruitt is slow walking us waiting on FSU
    If he is Cohen is gonna have to be stone cold sold on him to wait. And I don’t think he’s that candidate above everyone else. So IF Pruitt is offered he will be put on a tight clock and will have to choose quick.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Lol. What a joke. I can assure you John Cohen is not leaking anything for fan reaction. He offered the job to Pruitt and he's interviewing others while he waits on Pruitts decision. Has to have a b plan.
    Romans 5:8

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Cohen was a high level coach. He totally gets the recruiting clock. I doubt he has slept a whole lot since Sunday AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natchezdawg View Post
    That doesn't sound like a very good idea at all, nor like something Cohen would do...
    Maybe he doesn't want to get into a Tennessee situation by hiring somebody, then having to renege because of fan protests. That was a very strange situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    Exactly!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Lol. What a joke. I can assure you John Cohen is not leaking anything for fan reaction. He offered the job to Pruitt and he's interviewing others while he waits on Pruitts decision. Has to have a b plan.
    Yea I just daid that...

vCash
    Going after. I feel like I hear a good bit of good shit but Cohen is really good at keeping things under his shirt which is awesome and honestly there is a good bit of intrigue so far. See the Cannizzarro hire.
    I think the guy would do a good job.

vCash
    I got a sneaky feeling Cohen has no issue calling Sexton or any other agent on the carpet and getting in their ass. He might not hire the right guy but he won’t get run over.
    This^^^

vCash
    Anybody losing their mind because we haven't hired a coach in less than 2 days needs to get a grip. Cohen is acting appropriately and in an expedited way. But he is not going to rush and hire someone who doesn't met his criteria. The process is moving well for us. Especially compared to others in our conference who had or are scrambling

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    I think he absolutely has. Not like it used to be out there in coaching searches and as stupid as i think it is, you need to get the temp of the fan base that’s supplying cash to keep the machine running. Unfortunately it’s the climate we are in now.

vCash
    7-10 days is a fair Amt of time. Mullen left YESTERDAY!! Geez guys, cmon.

Junior Member raywhitewasframed's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Gauge fan reaction... I don't think that's a real thing with coaching searches.
    Neither did UT?s A.D.
    See where that got him.