Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sounds like Pruitt?s name was floated out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    AD’s do it all the time. Hell, Byrne did it for certain things while he was AD. Look at Tenn- they leaked Schiano and the fans went nuts- so they backed off him. Social media is widely used in today’s world
    UT isn't a good example of good use of social media. UT should have floated it a day or 2 before to gauge reaction, not when they were literally about to sign him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    Seriously? All the talk about how prepared for this situation Cohen was and you are telling me they are taking their sweet ass time to make sure they get it right? A few days could set us back years! I hope Cohen has already made his offer to his #1 or we are in trouble...

He probably just threw feelers out to see who might be interested if Mullen left. I can't see him actually conducting interviews when Mullen is still our coach. THat makes no sense and who would interview for a job that they didn't know whether an actual opening would occur.

vCash
    AD?s do it all the time. Hell, Byrne did it for certain things while he was AD. Look at Tenn- they leaked Schiano and the fans went nuts- so they backed off him. Social media is widely used in today?s world
    Tennessee not a good example to use at this point. Not good at all.

vCash
    AD’s do it all the time. Hell, Byrne did it for certain things while he was AD. Look at Tenn- they leaked Schiano and the fans went nuts- so they backed off him. Social media is widely used in today’s world
    I don?t think Tennessee is a good example of how to find a coach.
    I don?t know what?s happening but I hope Cohen has a #1, 2, and 3 choice and gets something done soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Well, has Pruitt been offered the job or not?

If he was offered and we are on hour six waiting for his response that's not good!

I don?t get this pine of thinking. I was offered a job on New Year?s Eve and didn?t even respond to it until January 3. I then said give me a couple of days to think about it. I?ve been on vacation for a week. And we are talking about 10?s of thousands of dollars. Not millions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
    I don?t get this pine of thinking. I was offered a job on New Year?s Eve and didn?t even respond to it until January 3. I then said give me a couple of days to think about it. I?ve been on vacation for a week. And we are talking about 10?s of thousands of dollars. Not millions.
    Either you want the job or you don't.

I've got a feeling we're keeping Monken warm as our third choice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    This sounds like spin...Pruitt didn't accept rite away and we are trying to save face.

I trust Cohen and I wouldn't mind venables. But I don't buy the "floated out" response
    Damn, I hope some of you don't shoot your wad as fast as you expect Cohen to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by calidawg View Post
    UT isn't a good example of good use of social media. UT should have floated it a day or 2 before to gauge reaction, not when they were literally about to sign him.
    well Tenn called the press conference for Mullen- then got the rug pulled out from under them and had to float out Schiano
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Gauge fan reaction... I don't think that's a real thing with coaching searches.
    Needs to be after that disaster in Knoxville yesterday

vCash
    UT AD Currie, get out your pencil and notepad... take some notes...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    He probably just threw feelers out to see who might be interested if Mullen left. I can't see him actually conducting interviews when Mullen is still our coach. THat makes no sense and who would interview for a job that they didn't know whether an actual opening would occur.
    he was talking to agents until Mullen officially left
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    When things are rushed things get screwed up. Cohen doing what he needs to do. This needs to be right hire.

vCash
    I still think we are making a mistake not going after Satterfield,get him and offer 1.5 million to a top notch DC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Damn, I hope some of you don't shoot your wad as fast as you expect Cohen to.

Good comment and I agree.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    If anyone sprints to the ledge in this short amount of time then do us all a favor and go ahead and take a header. **** Cohen is doing his job and he is interviewing. It doesn’t take 5 days after an interview to know if it’s your guy. He will move expeditiously to make sure he can hire the best guy possible. My guess we have our guy in the next 24 hours.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MeridianDog View Post
    Tick

Tock

Tick

Tock

some are leaving

tick

tock

Others hear some are leaving

Tick

Tock

Wait until time is right

Tick

Tock

Someone else leaves

Tick

Tock

Back down road to oblivion

Tick

Tock
    This is exactly how Tennessee ended up hiring Dooley and Butch. They panicked trying to save a recruiting class. Give it a rest it hasn't even been two days.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATTILLA THE DOG View Post
    I still think we are making a mistake not going after Satterfield,get him and offer 1.5 million to a top notch DC.
    We might be

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    If anyone sprints to the ledge in this short amount of time then do us all a favor and go ahead and take a header. **** Cohen is doing his job and he is interviewing. It doesn’t take 5 days after an interview to know if it’s your guy. He will move expeditiously to make sure he can hire the best guy possible. My guess we have our guy in the next 24 hours.
    This! Do things with urgency not panic.

vCash
    Either way you look at this, Cohen is playing this thing properly.

If you believe Pruitt has an offer than I believe it has an acceptance deadline. Cohen is not going to let Sexton play around with him this turn. If Sexton wants to shop him to TN or wait to see what FSU does then we are continuing the process and the job may or may not be filled.

So you keep interviewing to either potentially find another guy you like or at the least to keep pressure on your top guy.

Meanwhile you let interviewee names get out to see reaction

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Gauge fan reaction... I don't think that's a real thing with coaching searches.
    Yeah sure.......signed Tennessee fans.