Thread: How is recruiting and bowl practices handled during a transition

vCash

How is recruiting and bowl practices handled during a transition

This is a very important time for recruiting with the early signing period...how is this done with a skeleton crew? I'm sure most of our commits are waiting to see who comes in but...damn.

Also, all reports point to us having a couple of coaches with "some" ingame experience left behind the some GA's. We letting them call the bowl game? I fully expect to lose that game now but I'm just wondering.

I really think it will be tough to get a coach in place in time to make an impact in either of these areas.

vCash
    As of right now you have Knox, Elliott, Looney, English, Baker and Buckley still on the staff and in Starkville (technically Grantham may be but I expect he's gone). That is enough coaching to coordinate bowl practices and respectably coach the bowl game - not ideal, but it isn't impossible to pull off. Linebacker coaching is an obvious hole here but most other position groups would have the attention and expertise to get ready.

This is assuming we don't have a quick hire and influx of new coaches in the next 7 days.

vCash
    Hope Brad Petterson is in the middle of it, great Coach....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    This is a very important time for recruiting with the early signing period...how is this done with a skeleton crew? I'm sure most of our commits are waiting to see who comes in but...damn.

Also, all reports point to us having a couple of coaches with "some" ingame experience left behind the some GA's. We letting them call the bowl game? I fully expect to lose that game now but I'm just wondering.

I really think it will be tough to get a coach in place in time to make an impact in either of these areas.
    Usually not handled well until you get a new HC
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    We're in the shredder. No fun.

vCash
    We will just make the best of it.
    As noted.. it really depend on when the new HC and STAFF get in...
    with the new signing period and thus the change in hiring / firing timeline... some installment of the systems might be able to be done but it will be a few base system for the bowl.

vCash
    Those coaches are more worried about telling commits to sit tight and see who we hire.

vCash
    So no Dan, Hevesy, and Gonzalez? What's the difference as far as recruiting again?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    So no Dan, Hevesy, and Gonzalez? What's the difference as far as recruiting again?
    No Dan is causing us to probably lose QB recruits but no Hevesy and Gonzalez will cause us to get better OL and WR recruits so it evens out.