Thread: How many of you agree that if we do not hire a spread OC we are screwed next year

vCash

How many of you agree that if we do not hire a spread OC we are screwed next year

I can agree with that. Our guys are geared for that.
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    Anything but the spread would be a train wreck and waste of talent

vCash
    I disagree, There are so many variations of the spread offense now, that anybody labeled as a spread guy won't have success. With our O-Line, QB, and RBs I think a Wing T guy could come in and have some success. I don't have to have a spread guy if he knows his personnel and his system.

vCash
    I guarantee you Cohen factored this in big time. Y’all really need to understand how much we upgraded at AD when the cheerleader left.

vCash
    This is why I'd prefer us to go with a more Offense-minded HC. We're not gonna find another Mullen, but we could get someone that could more readily build off what he leaves behind. Our coordinator positions are gonna be a revolving door anyways - need consistency where our team is built right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    I disagree, There are so many variations of the spread offense now, that anybody labeled as a spread guy won't have success. With our O-Line, QB, and RBs I think a Wing T guy could come in and have some success. I don't have to have a spread guy if he knows his personnel and his system.
    Read what you wrote. Key words "variations" "of" "spread".

See... thats the same personel needed.
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    Jesus Christ our fan base is insecure. Do we not realize we are better? Cohen as our AD is no fool. He understands the dynamics. Do we really think Cohen doesn't have a plan for how this is going to work?

We need to put our big boy panties on and quit going nuts over the fact we may hire a DC as our HC because he may come in and not run the right system. Get over yourselves. Cohen knows what the hell he's doing and should have already been able to prove that by the fact we are interviewing multiple people less than 24 hours after our HC bailed on us. Trust Cohen and quit worrying.

vCash
    Well said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Jesus Christ our fan base is insecure. Do we not realize we are better? Cohen as our AD is no fool. He understands the dynamics. Do we really think Cohen doesn't have a plan for how this is going to work?

We need to put our big boy panties on and quit going nuts over the fact we may hire a DC as our HC because he may come in and not run the right system. Get over yourselves. Cohen knows what the hell he's doing and should have already been able to prove that by the fact we are interviewing multiple people less than 24 hours after our HC bailed on us. Trust Cohen and quit worrying.
    I have no reason to doubt Cohen at this juncture, but we are in an extremely delicate position right now. Cohen has to get this one absolutely 100% correct or we risk losing almost everything Mullen has built up to this point. We're not Florida, or Bama, or Auburn. We don't have the heritage/pedigree/resources to spring back from a slump in any kind of timely manner.

vCash
    I think unless we hire an offensive minded HC we are screwed....

My confidence that we will be able to lure a great OC from another big program (like AU) to work the same position at MSU is very, very small.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    I want Napier. He is familiar with alot of our recruits and it would help to have an OC with a chip on his shoulder against Bama for snubbing him for OC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dildoes View Post
    I have no reason to doubt Cohen at this juncture, but we are in an extremely delicate position right now. Cohen has to get this one absolutely 100% correct or we risk losing almost everything Mullen has built up to this point. We're not Florida, or Bama, or Auburn. We don't have the heritage/pedigree/resources to spring back from a slump in any kind of timely manner.
    We were bowling two years after Croom and have not stopped. We are in a way better shape this time. The new OC who ever he is will look at the roster and planned around it until he gets his guys on campus. That's what Mullen did and it isn't rocket science.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post

It isnt being insecure. Its having a conversation.

vCash
    I don't think markers like that are helpful. I say let's not hire a coach that's easily pushed around!