Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Theory On Stricklin

vCash
    Strick has to come back so he can visit the in laws. Not like he made this decision anyways .... Foley and Spurrier have offices next to his.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Some will disagree including Richard what?s-his-face?s side piece, but Mullen was never going to Tenn. They were being used to get more money elsewhere. Mullen was leaving, but he would?ve waited for another job. He was never leaving for that disaster.
    I️ tend to agree with this. Also, tend to think that Mullen was using UF to milk more $$ and Cohen called his bluff. Maybe that?s true and maybe it isn?t, but if you believe 1/4 of the stuff that Megan and Dan said about their time at UF then here is some merit. I️ mean the guy was at least their third choice, and maybe even 5th...it didn?t even seem like the fan base was excited.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph Dupree View Post
    I️ tend to agree with this. Also, tend to think that Mullen was using UF to milk more $$ and Cohen called his bluff. Maybe that?s true and maybe it isn?t, but if you believe 1/4 of the stuff that Megan and Dan said about their time at UF then here is some merit. I️ mean the guy was at least their third choice, and maybe even 5th...it didn?t even seem like the fan base was excited.
    If Florida wants to pay an 8-4 coach that loses to Matt Luke over $8 million annually, that’s fine. But we’re not going to do that. He was asking for a 3-4 million dollar raise for finishing 4th in a 7 team division. That’s insane. 14-11 the last two years with a losing season last year. Has hired the worst defensive coordinators in the SEC until he got Grantham. Could never find continuity on that side of the ball. Finally had a kicker fall in his lap after half a decade of suck. There’s a lot I’m not going to miss about Dan Mullen.

I love the atmosphere at State. I love Davis Wade. He helped propel that, but we’re the ones ringing cowbells up there belting Journey. Not him. The best thing about State is the atmosphere and work ethic. Keep that and we won’t miss Mullen by game 5 next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think Scott whiffed on Kelly and Frost and got desperate and overpaid for Dan.
    THIS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    If Florida wants to pay an 8-4 coach that loses to Matt Luke over $8 million annually, that?s fine. But we?re not going to do that. He was asking for a 3-4 million dollar raise for finishing 4th in a 7 team division. That?s insane. 14-11 the last two years with a losing season last year. Has hired the worst defensive coordinators in the SEC until he got Grantham. Could never find continuity on that side of the ball. Finally had a kicker fall in his lap after half a decade of suck. There?s a lot I?m not going to miss about Dan Mullen.

I love the atmosphere at State. I love Davis Wade. He helped propel that, but we?re the ones ringing cowbells up there belting Journey. Not him. The best thing about State is the atmosphere and work ethic. Keep that and we won?t miss Mullen by game 5 next season.
    ^^^^this. Hack gets it. So here?s the other thing to watch, when Dan got here the foundation was laid. Croom sucked as a coach but did a lot of ground work for setting up a solid culture, Dan took that and added better coaching. UF isn?t short on talent but has a major cultural issue...that?s hard to overcome quickly and with an imaptient fan base...well they didn?t cut Mac any slack.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Look, I'm on the train that Strick is a POS right now, but I wanted to run a theory past you guys.

What if Stricklin had a deal with Cohen that he would not go after Dan Mullen in the event that Dan was going to stay at MSU otherwise, but, once Cohen knew that Dan would accept the Tennessee job, he told Stricklin & that is when Florida engaged?

I'm not a Stricklin fan, but perhaps he was trying to be honorable, but once it was pointless, it was understood that he would come after Dan.

Is this a stretch?
    What id Florida hired Scot so they could hire Mullen down the road. That's a better theory..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    What id Florida hired Scot so they could hire Mullen down the road. That's a better theory..

I think there is a lot of truth in this. Hopefully Dan will enjoy working for Spurrier and boosters. He will have lots of bosses at UF. The only thing he will be responsible for is the blame when things go less than expected.

From the mouth of three or four powerful boosters, with Spurrrier standing behind them, shaking his head in agreement - "Listen to us Strickland - if you want to keep your job, If ******* had run the game plan the way we told him to run it we would be undefeated right now. Your job is to make him change or get rid of him."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph Dupree View Post
    ^^^^this. Hack gets it. So here?s the other thing to watch, when Dan got here the foundation was laid. Croom sucked as a coach but did a lot of ground work for setting up a solid culture, Dan took that and added better coaching. UF isn?t short on talent but has a major cultural issue...that?s hard to overcome quickly and with an imaptient fan base...well they didn?t cut Mac any slack.
    Yes, Croom did the hard work of changing the culture. If Croom had a clue how to get a college offense to work then Dan would not have gotten the job. Other than QB, Mullen didn't upgrade the talent level that much. Croom had good defenses for the most part.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Behrdawg View Post
    Dan was UFs 5th, I REPEAT FIFTH....5, choice. Strick got desperate.

At the end of the day- f*ck Strick and his cheerleading ass. He left MSU for UF. Thank God.
    My cousin's attorney is a UF alum and big booster and said that the decision was in no way unanimous. Apparently not everyone is thrilled to have Mullen coming in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I can't wait until we are up by 21 and he tries a QB draw on 3rd and 11.
    or a fake punt from his own 30 on 4th & 10
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.