Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You get one name...pick your coach. Name him now. One name only....

vCash
    So is Brohm not in play at all? I figure we would be able to lure him from Drew Brees U.

vCash
    Frost

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Jeremy Pruitt

vCash
    He coming

Senior Member Intramural All-American's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Leach has always been willing to modify his offense to fit the personnel. If he's our coach next year, both Fitz and Aeris will rush for 1,000 yards.
    Boy, that's just ignorant, and you clearly have no clue what you are talking about. Leach has never had a single runner go over 1,000 yards rushing. Yet, you think he's going to totally change has offense and have TWO 1,000 yard rushers? Give me a break.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    He coming
    Who?

vCash
    Frost. He's probably going to Nebraska though. I'd shake my head if we hired Kiffin; however, it would be an entertaining 2-3 years. I imagine he'd get half a sorority house pregnant by the time he left.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Who?
    Pruitt

vCash
    Pruitt with a badass OC

vCash
    If joey freshwater brings Kayleigh Hartung with him that?s good with me**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Intramural All-American View Post
    Boy, that's just ignorant, and you clearly have no clue what you are talking about. Leach has never had a single runner go over 1,000 yards rushing. Yet, you think he's going to totally change has offense and have TWO 1,000 yard rushers? Give me a break.
    Yes, I was exaggerating for effect, but Leach has always been willing to use running backs when he has one who can get yards. Taurean Henderson, Baron Batch, Jamal Morrow.

vCash
    1. Norvell
    2. Kiffin

Senior Member Intramural All-American's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Yes, I was exaggerating for effect, but Leach has always been willing to use running backs when he has one who can get yards. Taurean Henderson, Baron Batch, Jamal Morrow.
    The most a QB of his has ever run was 191 yards on the season. At WSU, his QBs have run for -201, -115, -68, and -147...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Danko View Post
    Smoot!!!!
    Hell no I want BOOBIE. but in reality the guy at Memphis State.

vCash
    Since the thread is pretty much recycling the same names now that we are on page 3, I'll throw out a wild card for discussion.

Brian Johnson. He was Dak's QB coach, played for Mullen at Utah, and has been OC for a pretty good Houston team the last 2 years. He knows our offense, knows our upper classmen, and would have as good a chance as anyone at holding onto our QB recruits. Without doing more research, he reminds me a lot of Mullen's resume when he arrived with the exception that he coached Dak instead of Tebow. Is he head coach material - I honestly don't know, but Cohen would have some good insights on that from having worked in the Athletic Department with him. I really like the idea of trying to find someone to fit the current team and continue our style/mode of operation which includes recruiting big time QBs. If not HC, maybe he is the awesome OC to go with whoever we hire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Good name there in briles. Probably not good news for fitz though. I think briles is more a passing guy, right?
    This is a common misconception. Look at Baylors running numbers under Art and Kendall. They run the piss out of it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Pruitt with Kendal Briles as the OC
    Me likes this a lot. Could we make it happen though. I think this is probably the safest hire but man Kiffen would be fun as hell and I have no doubt we'd win, especially next year. We could win BIG

vCash
    Kiffin. Keep the recruits and win for a few years and if he leaves it?s a good job and probably not as many coaching vacancies.

vCash
    Lane Kiffin

vCash
    Pruitt with Brian Johnson as OC.