Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few thoughts..

vCash

A few thoughts..

1) Stricklin should never be welcomed on campus again. He rode Byrne's coat tails on both Mullen and Cohen hires. He failed big time on one hire.
    2) Mullen, man. You screwed us. Why go to a school who was wanting you fired when you were there.
    3) I was sent a text saying Steve said our plane was headed to Atlanta to pick up our coach if this got done. Well who is in Atlanta playing the Falcons today? The Tampa Bay Bucs who's Co-OC is Todd Monken, formerly the HC of USM. Offensive guy, QB guy. Which is what we need here. Interesting.

vCash
    That is an interesting name. I like him too

vCash
    What happened at USM to cause him to leave?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    1) Stricklin should never be welcomed on campus again. He rode Byrne's coat tails on both Mullen and Cohen hires. He failed big time on one hire. He killed the LFL.
    2) Mullen, man. You screwed us. Why go to a school who was wanting you fired when you were there.
    3) I was sent a text saying Steve said our plane was headed to Atlanta to pick up our coach if this got done. Well who is in Atlanta playing the Falcons today? The Tampa Bay Bucs who's Co-OC is Todd Monken, formerly the HC of USM. Offensive guy, QB guy. Which is what we need here. Interesting.
    Interesting catch on the Monken thing.

vCash
    USM has no money for coaches. It's why Fedora left too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    No support.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    NFL

vCash
    1) Stricklin should never be welcomed on campus again. He rode Byrne's coat tails on both Mullen and Cohen hires. He failed big time on one hire.
    1) agree.
    2) I don't really blame Mullen but it does make all that "family" stuff look as shallow as Freeze's religion.
    3) My guess is we are doing the interviews in Atlanta. It's a very easy place to get to from anywhere in the country and flights to there do not attract attention. Heck you can fly commercial to there and back in a day from pretty much the entire country.

vCash
    You beat me to it. Monken is starting to leak if Dan follows through, which everyone expects him to.

vCash
    I would be ok with Monken. He could do a good job

vCash
    Monkens a hard a** intense son of a gun who knows how to develop qbs, wrs and an offense.

vCash
    Very iffy on Monken but we could do worse. We need to get somebody with some recruiting chops though or someone who can bring some guys with them quickly.

We do have Key for 3 more years but somehow keeping Jones would help solidify us for a while. Hopefully we hire somebody that can convince him that MSU is still the place for him and easier to get to from TX than FL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Monkens a hard a** intense son of a gun who knows how to develop qbs, wrs and an offense.
    Sounds like a Cohen guy

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Good. Let's get this squared if this is what we are doing.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Monken with a good DC and we'll be fine.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Also, if we hired Monken, bet we throw the ball a bunch.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    ID be jacked about Monken. He’d hit the ground running. Knows MS and LA.

Archimedes
    vCash
    You give Monken our weapons next year and lookout.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Sounds like a Cohen guy
    I know Monken a little bit from when he was in hburg. His son played baseball on a travel team down here that I coached against a few times. Todd is extremely sharp guy and he will be able to do some things offensively. We don?t even know if it?s him but he would be good.

vCash
    Monken knows qbs, wrs and offense. We won?t have to worry about qb or wr play for sure.