Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mullen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    As of a few minutes ago Paul Jones said a new deal was still being worked on. fwiw....
    I like Paul and Steve and they are normally on the money but their sources have been a little off on this. Mullen was never leaving for Tennessee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    I like Paul and Steve and they are normally on the money but their sources have been a little off on this. Mullen was never leaving for Tennessee.
    I'm guessing this is Sexton's ploy to get Dan and the staff a raise. Just hope they announce this soon to put all this to bed for now.

vCash
    I'm guessing this is Sexton's ploy to get Dan and the staff a raise. Just hope they announce this soon to put all this to bed for now.

Have a winning season where they have been rare, threaten to leave, get you employer to give you more money to stay. WASH, RINSE, REPEAT. This can get out of hand with the desire to win football games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post

Latest on Dan Mullen:

Tennessee:

?Now, back on the Tennessee front, word has been shared that Dan Mullen reportedly headed out recently to meet with John Currie. It is unclear at this time if Tennessee funded that trip or if Jimmy Sexton did.? Reported by Football Scoop

That must have been his doppelg?nger that just jogged through the technology park.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    He's going to win today and win next week. They will go to a bowl game. Possibly play an SEC team. They will be 6-6. He is safe.
    Jimbo leaving FSU would not be about wins & losses

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Well let's wait for C34 sources and then we will know for sure.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Steve seems to be pumping he Tennessee crap a little. Paul not so much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I don't think he will leave on his own. He's got it made but if he does leave it will be when FSU doesn't want him and that will be when he falls off the top. He has built up enough good will to with stand a bad season but have two or three based on loses he will be fired.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fccee1 View Post
    That must have been his doppelg?nger that just jogged through the technology park.
    Dan also has the power to teleport.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Dan also has the power to teleport.
    Scientology gives you great powers!

vCash
    I spotted this earlier leaving Bryan field in route to _____. I asked where to, but the guy said he'd have to kill me, if he told me.

vCash

Unless for some unforeseen reason he does take the TN job, you have got it. That is what Sexton is in business to do.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Wasn’t his’ now ex-wife getting plowed by a former UF player a few years ago?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post
    Wasn’t his’ now ex-wife getting plowed by a former UF player a few years ago?
    That was the rumored cause of his divorce.

vCash
    I don't know about FSU. I know a few boosters from FSU and Dan wouldn't like them one bit.

I firmly believe he is our hope and our head coach for the next few years. Maybe later (5 years), but not for a while.

You fear FSU. Honestly, I fear Alabama with the death of Saban choking to death on the money they pay him.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Some of you may think this idea is crazy but it?s my theory.

The team we have coming back next year and the next two team show to be some the best teams we have ever had. If dan can get at least one of them to Atlanta and win it, all of this offseason BS will subside. The reason most of this even occurr is because of the fact that everybody believes it?s impossible in Starkville.

If we go to Atlanta in next 3 seasons and win it, this will all stop. Dan will have proved them wrong yet again and become our Frank Beamer. Recruiting will maintain and 8 wins will be the bottom for many years to come.

vCash
    All of the details for Dan to stay at MSU have been put to bed except for one thing.

They didn't tell EliteDawgs. Evidently a simple slip of protocol.

Dan is staying in Starkville. I think the entire staff is staying also. Megan likes being able to go to the grocery store without harassment, so stay away from her at Kroger's. It is OK to nod and smile. She is OK with that, but do not approach the basket.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Have a winning season where they have been rare, threaten to leave, get you employer to give you more money to stay. WASH, RINSE, REPEAT. This can get out of hand with the desire to win football games.
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Some of you may think this idea is crazy but it?s my theory.

The team we have coming back next year and the next two team show to be some the best teams we have ever had. If dan can get at least one of them to Atlanta and win it, all of this offseason BS will subside. The reason most of this even occurr is because of the fact that everybody believes it?s impossible in Starkville.

If we go to Atlanta in next 3 seasons and win it, this will all stop. Dan will have proved them wrong yet again and become our Frank Beamer. Recruiting will maintain and 8 wins will be the bottom for many years to come.
    No it won't! See Offshore's post linked.

Saban was rumored to be headed to Texas last year. He's won more than anyone, yet to get maximum value - agents have to do their job and float names. This will never stop as long as we're winning. It comes with the territory.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I spotted this earlier leaving Bryan field in route to _____. I asked where to, but the guy said he'd have to kill me, if he told me.
    winner

vCash
    Dan isn?t leaving until a Big 10 job opens up
    Yes- that Behr