Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Egg Bowl thoughts, and One thing that cannot be understated....

vCash

My Egg Bowl thoughts, and One thing that cannot be understated....

This upcoming bowl prep and game may be more beneficial for Keytaon Thompson than any other QB in the country. There is no real way of knowing how soon Fitz will return, and regardless next year will be his last....so for Key to get a month plus of knowing he is the starter and the man in control of the ship, can only be a positive for us going forward.

As for the Egg Bowl, the country got to see what we all have known for years....that Ole Miss is a trash program that recruits trash players. My thoughts on particular guys...

AJ Brown wants so bad to convince himself he didn’t **** his career up by going to Ole Miss. Well AJ, you did. And you’re a piece of shit.

Breeland Speaks is just a dirty piece of filth. He embarrassed himself and his family with his actions. He proved what we all knew....he’s a talented player but he’s a damn moron with a 10 cent head. Congratulations Breeland, yes you will be etched in Egg Bowl lore....but not as a great player, as one of the biggest piles of dog shit in Ole Miss history. (And that’s a lot of dog shit)

DK Metcalf, see above. I bet you made your Mom & Dad proud. Way to show the world how much MSU has owned your mind over the last year, by morphing into a piece of garbage that only one of your teammates could equal. Another million dollar talent with a 10 cent head and no upbringing. Which means you’ll likely end up a nobody...but at least you’ll have company because there are several of your teammates that will join you.

I would be so disappointed if win or lose our players acted like the garbage their players showed in that game. Dirty hits, horrible discipline, and a complete lack of class of any kind. I am pissed we lost, but I’m glad I’m not also feeling embarrassed to be a fan of a bunch of trash players like any Ole Miss fans with a brain should be feeling today....that was disgusting. The Egg Bowl reaches a new low in my book Thursday, and it’s all because Ole Miss has become a total dumpster fire culture-wise, complete with flaming garbage as players representing their team & university.

That’s all I‘ve got. Sad ending to the season, but the Fitz injury was just something that we couldn’t overcome. Looking forward to Keytaon continuing to improve as the starter for whatever bowl we make. Wishing the best for Nick, and hoping Dan stays. Hail Damn State til the day I die.
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 11-25-2017 at 02:09 AM.

vCash
    Great post! Agree completely! I saw that AJ tweeted at Nick: said ?praying for you Brother, no matter what the fans say there was no intent, great respect?. I hope Nick or anyone else doesnt fall for that crap. They made a concerted effort to target Nick and then Key and others. The video don?t lie. They are trash all of them! HAILSTATE and GTHOM!

vCash
    I’d like MSU to turn in the 10-12 examples of dirty hits and targeting that Speaks did into the SEC and get him suspended a couple of games next year. It was a horrible shame the refs let him get away with obvious hits that were designed to injure our players.

vCash
    Great post @caverdawg. Hailstate!
    We are the better team. We've had the better season. We have the better coach. And as Mullen said 9 years ago, "we're the school headed in the right direction". They've had 3 going on 4 coaches since he's started. The man is prophetic!
    Last edited by bulldawg28; 11-25-2017 at 08:06 AM.

vCash
    You said it all cadaver...I've been thinkin the exact same thing

I didn't think the hit on fitz was dirty until I saw all the other attempts to injure. Bad thing is he should have been ejected on our first drive for targeting and NONE of the other would have occurred.

I remember back in the late 90s when any and all shark fans, rebel fans in those days, were so hung up on the swagger and toughness we played with. We were a bunch of thugs they said...well the tables have turned and we now see who the immature and classless individuals are. But their fans don't care win at all costs is their line of thinking and always has been.

vCash
    Good post CDawg, agree completely.

vCash
    Good post CD.

Can you imagine though being AJ Brown and having all that talent and going to OM and never playing in a bowl game? He could have went to Bama and be playing in the CFP for the 2nd year.

I’m sure the money was very very tempting and impossible to turn down. However you know when he is sitting there m the couch watching Alabama in the CFP, he will be unhappy with his decision.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Good post CD.

Can you imagine though being AJ Brown and having all that talent and going to OM and never playing in a bowl game? He could have went to Bama and be playing in the CFP for the 2nd year.

I’m sure the money was very very tempting and impossible to turn down. However you know when he is sitting there m the couch watching Alabama in the CFP, he will be unhappy with his decision.
    And it shows how stupid a kid can be. Giving up potential millions for a car and few thousand? Talented guys come out of Bama and State set for a long NFL career. The come out of Oxford prepared to flip burgers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    This upcoming bowl prep and game may be more beneficial for Keytaon Thompson than any other QB in the country. There is no real way of knowing how soon Fitz will return, and regardless next year will be his last....so for Key to get a month plus of knowing he is the starter and the man in control of the ship, can only be a positive for us going forward.

As for the Egg Bowl, the country got to see what we all have known for years....that Ole Miss is a trash program that recruits trash players. My thoughts on particular guys...

AJ Brown wants so bad to convince himself he didn?t **** his career up by going to Ole Miss. Well AJ, you did. And you?re a piece of shit.

Breeland Speaks is just a dirty piece of filth. He embarrassed himself and his family with his actions. He proved what we all knew....he?s a talented player but he?s a damn moron with a 10 cent head. Congratulations Breeland, yes you will be etched in Egg Bowl lore....but not as a great player, as one of the biggest piles of dog shit in Ole Miss history. (And that?s a lot of dog shit)

DK Metcalf, see above. I bet you made your Mom & Dad proud. Way to show the world how much MSU has owned your mind over the last year, by morphing into a piece of garbage that only one of your teammates could equal. Another million dollar talent with a 10 cent head and no upbringing. Which means you?ll likely end up a nobody...but at least you?ll have company because there are several of your teammates that will join you.

I would be so disappointed if win or lose our players acted like the garbage their players showed in that game. Dirty hits, horrible discipline, and a complete lack of class of any kind. I am pissed we lost, but I?m glad I?m not also feeling embarrassed to be a fan of a bunch of trash players like any Ole Miss fans with a brain should be feeling today....that was disgusting. The Egg Bowl reaches a new low in my book Thursday, and it?s all because Ole Miss has become a total dumpster fire culture-wise, complete with flaming garbage as players representing their team & university.

That?s all I?ve got. Sad ending to the season, but the Fitz injury was just something that we couldn?t overcome. Looking forward to Keytaon continuing to improve as the starter for whatever bowl we make. Wishing the best for Nick, and hoping Dan stays. Hail Damn State til the day I die.
    Speaks should have been tossed earlier for sure. He thugged out, but they let him get away with it. And Luke, as I said all week, would have them insane for this game. Speaks, and the team, had been told all week how much State had cost them and that it was all State's fault.

As the movie Remember the Titans said, "Attitude reflects leadership"

Metcalf is a one trick pony for the most part. A jump ball artist with great physical skills, but like Speaks, he showed his ass all night. He is a great example of a typical OM player.

As for Brown, the only thing I'd disagree with you on is he screwed up his career. He's putting up the numbers and making the plays to play one more year then head to the NFL.
    I hate he went up there, I was sick the day he signed because I thought he was the best WR in Ms HS I had seen in a generation. He was Moulds like.

But OM players have been showing their ass since I can remember.

Yeah, a State player has done stupid crap some plays thru the years. But team wise, multiple incedents, all game long? Nope.

And they've done that on multiple years. Wyatt played in this, and has watched it for awhile, That's why he said it's a culture, because what other word would you use?
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Good thoughts Cadaver.

It's clear what type of players were attracted to Freeze's & OM's recruiting style

Banned
    vCash
    Fatt Luke is the biggest piece of shit of all for not putting an end to the crap his players were doing. That can only mean he was encouraging it.

vCash

If I think about the game I am madder than I was Thursday. But we still should have

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Fatt Luke is the biggest piece of shit of all for not putting an end to the crap his players were doing. That can only mean he was encouraging it.
    Won and Dan let it get away should have played Keyton more this season as this was my fear Fitz getting hurt.

Banned
    vCash
    I’ve never been prouder in my life not to be associated with that stain of a University.

Banned
    vCash
    That program is a half inch from being a dumpster fire. Those players have no discipline, none, and it’s only a matter of time before one of them tells fat Matt to 17 right off, and there’s nothing he can do about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Won and Dan let it get away should have played Keyton more this season as this was my fear Fitz getting hurt.
    What game would you have played Key more?

vCash
    I'm excited to see what Key looks like in the bowl game. He threw a few deep balls on Thursday with better touch than Fitz has all season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    I'm excited to see what Key looks like in the bowl game. He threw a few deep balls on Thursday with better touch than Fitz has all season.
    Agree. Had Fitz got hurt in the UPig game & our coaches had all week to prepare a game plan for Fitz, I think we win the Egg Bowl by 2 scores.

As it was though, we had to throw our game plan in the garbage with 9:00 min left in the 1st quarter.

Key will be awesome in the bowl game with the game plan designed around what he can do

He throws a softer, more catchable ball than Fitz & has quicker feet.

Fitz has better raw arm strength, runs with more power, & is bigger & stronger with a greater ability to take a pounding & hits.

vCash

Spider

Where dd you get that quote from Wyatt? Someone else referenced this yesterday. Was it said in a private setting on on the broadcast? Anyone have the clip?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Speaks should have been tossed earlier for sure. He thugged out, but they let him get away with it. And Luke, as I said all week, would have them insane for this game. Speaks, and the team, had been told all week how much State had cost them and that it was all State's fault.

As the movie Remember the Titans said, "Attitude reflects leadership"

Metcalf is a one trick pony for the most part. A jump ball artist with great physical skills, but like Speaks, he showed his ass all night. He is a great example of a typical OM player.

As for Brown, the only thing I'd disagree with you on is he screwed up his career. He's putting up the numbers and making the plays to play one more year then head to the NFL.
    I hate he went up there, I was sick the day he signed because I thought he was the best WR in Ms HS I had seen in a generation. He was Moulds like.

But OM players have been showing their ass since I can remember.

Yeah, a State player has done stupid crap some plays thru the years. But team wise, multiple incedents, all game long? Nope.

And they've done that on multiple years. Wyatt played in this, and has watched it for awhile, That's why he said it's a culture, because what other word would you use?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxdog View Post
    Where dd you get that quote from Wyatt? Someone else referenced this yesterday. Was it said in a private setting on on the broadcast? Anyone have the clip?
    It was on the 4th Quarter show after the game.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Great post @caverdawg. Hailstate!
    We are the better team. We've had the better season. We have the better coach. And as Mullen said 9 years ago, "we're the school headed in the right direction". They've had 3 going on 4 coaches since he's started. The man is prophetic!
    Also after next year it will be 3 straight years without a bowl for the Sharks, and we will be on bowl number 9.