Thread: Birdgate

vCash

Birdgate

So just wanting some clarity of the pic circulating around the internet of Fitz giving the "one finger salute." On Twitter he said he was actually flipping off Key because it's something between them? Does anybody else know?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    So just wanting some clarity of the pic circulating around the internet of Fitz giving the "one finger salute." On Twitter he said he was actually flipping off Key because it's something between them? Does anybody else know?
    The Rebs are desperate to deflect attention away from what their thugs did to Fitz. To them a gesture out weighs actual deliberate physical injury. What they did to Fitz is the epitome of everything "Ole Miss" is. That play sums up the entire nuversity. It is what they are and what they are most proud of. My Facebook confirms that, and the are posting there by name. They absolutely LOVE what Metcalf did. I tought I knew most of them........I was fooled, once.

vCash

They are perpetuating the hate to levels I've never seen. My personal HATE for those

bastards couldn't get any worse at this point. I don't like to feel like this but from all the shit they've done and now to see their fans rushing to their rescue and laughing about injuries is down right despicable. They really, truly believe beating Bama started the whole NCAA mess and that Kobe and Leo are lying. If the media thinks the rivalry is toxic right now, wait til next years game in Oxford. I swore I'd never go back to that place but I'm going to make a point to go next year with anticipation that we will beat their ass, in more ways than one. This is the next IT'S COMING.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    The Rebs are desperate to deflect attention away from what their thugs did to Fitz. To them a gesture out weighs actual deliberate physical injury. What they did to Fitz is the epitome of everything "Ole Miss" is. That play sums up the entire nuversity. It is what they are and what they are most proud of. My Facebook confirms that, and the are posting there by name. They absolutely LOVE what Metcalf did. I tought I knew most of them........I was fooled, once.
    Oh I agree they're trying to spin this that Fitz is a classless player, but I would be flipping everyone and their mother off if they did that to me. However, if you look at his Twitter he said he flips of Key and not Ole Miss. Just weird thing to do to flip off your own friend. Just curious as to if anybody had an insight

vCash
    Oh I agree they're trying to spin this that Fitz is a classless player, but I would be flipping everyone and their mother off if they did that to me. However, if you look at his Twitter he said he flips of Key and not Ole Miss. Just weird thing to do to flip off your own friend. Just curious as to if anybody had an insight
    Evidently it's an inside joke between the two of them. From what I read on a family members post after an Om thug attacked her.

vCash
    I don’t give a flying F to who Fitz intended that bird. Because I think they can go..... themselves too. Their sideline was a damn zoo (directed at the crowd) after each AJ big play and especially late in the game.

I don’t get why State fans are even concerned about the bird and what those shirtbirds think.

vCash
    Weird to flip off a friend? Maybe I just have a different sense of humor. I?ve got friends that I?ve been flinging birds with since 2nd grade. My mother?s side of family has piles of photos from our Christmas parties over the years where someone - if not everyone in the picture - is flipping off the photographer.

You have an 18 year old kid worried about a close friend who he now has to replace on the field. Fitz?s response was brilliant - ?**** those assholes, or ?**** Ole Miss?, or **** whoever.? It broke the tension, made Key laugh and let him know Fitz was going to be ok.

vCash
    Ok I gotcha. I've never done that so I never understood that type of expression among friends. However I totally understand him flipping off Ole Miss. Like I said, if it was me I'd be trying to hobble my way over there to strangle some thugs.

vCash
    Ok I gotcha. I've never done that so I never understood that type of expression among friends. However I totally understand him flipping off Ole Miss. Like I said, if it was me I'd be trying to hobble my way over there to strangle some thugs.
    I can see that if that?s not part of your circle it can seem foreign. My crew and I all played sports together, and a big part of that was smack talk. We made fun of each other?s mother?s, sisters, the zits on our noses, our size, etc. Nothing was off limits. A well timed bird or ?**** you? was a source of some great laughs. That is still true on the golf course now that we are in our mid 40s

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I can see that if that?s not part of your circle it can seem foreign. My crew and I all played sports together, and a big part of that was smack talk. We made fun of each other?s mother?s, sisters, the zits on our noses, our size, etc. Nothing was off limits. A well timed bird or ?**** you? was a source of some great laughs. That is still true on the golf course now that we are in our mid 40s
    I bet that next golf game after the MSU/GA game was hilarious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    I bet that next golf game after the MSU/GA game was hilarious.
    Lol - the tailgate after that game was far worse. My bet for the game was for who paid for our round GA/FL week. That set me back a bit.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Weird to flip off a friend? Maybe I just have a different sense of humor. I?ve got friends that I?ve been flinging birds with since 2nd grade. My mother?s side of family has piles of photos from our Christmas parties over the years where someone - if not everyone in the picture - is flipping off the photographer.

You have an 18 year old kid worried about a close friend who he now has to replace on the field. Fitz?s response was brilliant - ?**** those assholes, or ?**** Ole Miss?, or **** whoever.? It broke the tension, made Key laugh and let him know Fitz was going to be ok.
    Actually how it went down was Key goes to shake his hand and tells him ? don?t worry bro I guess I got a chance to take your job now? In a joking way.. Fitz flips him off and says ?yea ok, go for it man?.....maybe not verbatim but that is the gist from a photographer friend who standing in the end zone.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    I guess they forgot about Bo Wallace flipping off LSU crowd when leaving the game before it was over. Of course in that case it was obvious who he was flipping off. And have they forgot about their crown jewel Marshall Henderson? You wanna y’all about pot calling the kettle black....

vCash
    Appeared Fitz was giving the one finger salute to the Old Mess bench after he
    told Key to go drive our team to victory. It wasn?t toward Key.
    What he should?ve done was given them a ?double barrel? salute. The initials
    for Breland Speaks speak loudly for what he did to Fitz and tried to do to
    Key as it was absolute total BS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Actually how it went down was Key goes to shake his hand and tells him ? don?t worry bro I guess I got a chance to take your job now? In a joking way.. Fitz flips him off and says ?yea ok, go for it man?.....maybe not verbatim but that is the gist from a photographer friend who standing in the end zone.
    Even better! I love that type of relationship between teammates.

vCash
    They joke about the competition between themselves and don’t shy away from the battle. They push each other to be better. They encourage it and go so far as to say “F you, I’m getting it.” The middle finger was a joke from Fitz to KT when KT finally “got it.”

vCash
    Ole Miss thought it was cute when Marshall Henderson did it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    They joke about the competition between themselves and don’t shy away from the battle. They push each other to be better. They encourage it and go so far as to say “F you, I’m getting it.” The middle finger was a joke from Fitz to KT when KT finally “got it.”
    That makes sense

vCash
    I completely agree with Brunswick on this and I am the same way with my friends. He was telling Key, ?Let?s 17ing go!?
    But, even if was flipping off the OM bench, could you blame the guy? The poor dude just had his foot turned around backwards off a dirty, low hit from a dirty player. I wouldn?t blame him if he did flip them off, but he wasn?t. He was getting his teammate ready