Thread: thoughts on a few coaches

vCash

thoughts on a few coaches

What are the thoughts on the following assistants and their ability to be given a head coaching job somewhere? And get the job done.

Aranda - DC at LSU
    Manny Diaz - DC at Miami
    Venables - DC at Clemson
    Pruitt - DC at Alabama

Obviously some of these guys are candidates. Thoughts on who would be a good hire for someone?

vCash
    I think venables will get a job soon at a good program like smart.

vCash
    So Mullen gone? Damn I wish you all would make your minds up. Signing day is just a few weeks away. This can't be helping that early signing period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    So Mullen gone? Damn I wish you all would make your minds up. Signing day is just a few weeks away. This can't be helping that early signing period.
    Think he's referring to coaches for other programs. Not necessarily us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    What are the thoughts on the following assistants and their ability to be given a head coaching job somewhere? And get the job done.

Aranda - DC at LSU
    Manny Diaz - DC at Miami
    Venables - DC at Clemson
    Pruitt - DC at Alabama

Obviously some of these guys are candidates. Thoughts on who would be a good hire for someone?
    I think all of those are overrated and they are definitely not what MSU needs when the time comes. We need an OFFENSIVE coach and he needs to hire a real DC. But for now we have that and I?m ok with it!!
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    Thanks for setting me straight.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    Or this was a way to word as to not act like it had anything to do with us..as crazy as everyone is acting I wouldn?t doubt it.

vCash
    Not for us. Just talking in general because there are so many jobs open. Some will have to be filled by current coordinators. Just curious who might get their shot at a decent job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    We currently have a coach. So this post has nothing to do with us. Except we might face one of these guys. Or in the case of Aranda or Pruett, might not face them anymore.

Banned
    vCash
    Venables should be on everyone’s list, especially the elite group. I’d hire him if I’m Tennessee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Or this was a way to word as to not act like it had anything to do with us..as crazy as everyone is acting I wouldn?t doubt it.
    If i meant us, I’m damn sure man enough to say it. I don’t beat around the bush.

vCash
    Not really sure why Venables doesn't have a HC job yet, unless he's waiting to return to his alma mater (Kansas State) when Snyder retires.

vCash
    Diaz might make a good coach one day. It’s all about what type of staff he could put around himself. I don’t think he would be welcomed in Starkville though.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Diaz and Starkvegas probably done...at least unless Miami comes in here for a game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    Diaz and Starkvegas probably done...at least unless Miami comes in here for a game
    Agree. I think Diaz is a decent coach, but I know without a doubt he’d leave the first time he was offered another job