Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So Ole Miss fans....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Poor comparison, buddy. As an outside observer:

The teabagging was more akin to DKs “peeing” celebration.

The low tackle on Fitz was more in the “nutt stomping” class.
    To clarify, i was comparing it to the OP’s comment regarding their fans celebrating Metcalf’s pissing gesture. I apologize for th confusion and certainly wasn’t attempting to compare it to the hit on Fitz. Nothing we have done compares to that hit or the attempted hit on Key.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TXDawg View Post
    To clarify, i was comparing it to the OP’s comment regarding their fans celebrating Metcalf’s pissing gesture. I apologize for th confusion and certainly wasn’t attempting to compare it to the hit on Fitz. Nothing we have done compares to that hit or the attempted hit on Key.
    My bust, buddy. I apologize.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    My bust, buddy. I apologize.
    No worries. You weren’t the only one that interpreted my comment that way. That’s why i felt the need to clarify.

vCash
    No worries. You weren’t the only one that interpreted my comment that way. That’s why i felt the need to clarify.
    Sorry if I misunderstood but the op also stated they were celebrating what they did to Fitz and there wasn?t a delineation of that in your first post. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    The metcalf deal..... I've heard from family and friends out of state. They were embarrassed for the state of Mississippi last night. One of them told me they were sorry I had to share the state with those people. They asked if we HAD to play that game on tv next year. Real good exposure for our state. ***
    That photo is all over my Facebook, from Rebels celebrating it. It epitomizes what Ole Miss is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    That photo is all over my Facebook, from Rebels celebrating it. It epitomizes what Ole Miss is.
    Yep it?s everywhere. They think it?s funny. They are a complete embarrassment.

vCash
    To be fair, a large number of posters on this board celebrated Nikoe teabagging Bo in 2013.
    The same???? Are you serious?

vCash
    the best way to handle this next year is to try to set a new Egg Bowl record for points scored then walk away as if they were Charleston Southern. Don't run around their stadium hoisting the trophy, just take it from them, then walk out like they no longer matter to us, that we've got better teams to worry about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    the best way to handle this next year is to try to set a new Egg Bowl record for points scored then walk away as if they were Charleston Southern. Don't run around their stadium hoisting the trophy, just take it from them, then walk out like they no longer matter to us, that we've got better teams to worry about.
    I like the way you think. I would do a fake kneel down and throw a fade to Leo Lewis. Have Leo lined up by the sideline by our coaches and then throw it up into the end zone. We need to be by at least 21 though.

vCash
    OM fans....Such hypocrites. The antics going behind their bench late in the game, directed towards State fans, leaves them no room to talk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nsvltndog View Post
    I'm not sure where my position on this stands compared to the rest of our fan base, but I hope we are better than to try to replicate what we saw from them last night in future games against them. I want no part of watching our players act like an animal taking a piss, purposely trying to hurt opposing players, or planting our flag on the 50 yard line of their field. I like to win games with class and move on. I hated the Dillon Day stomp several years ago and was embarrassed as a fan to see it. We saw a whole game full of plays like that last night, but instead of fans being embarrassed they seem elated. I've even seen new twitter avatars of some of their favorite classless scenes from the game. I'm a proud Bulldog and don't want any part of our program acting like what I saw out of them last night.
    I couldn't agree more.

vCash

vCash
    They are a special breed of people. They are in their own little world. I had 2 colleagues from different parts of the country who have never watched the egg bowl text me and say man OMs players trash. One is an OSU fan and he said they were the trashiest football team he has watched. I told him he should meet their fans

vCash
    There is a pix on facebook showing our players refusing to shake hands at the coin toss, it looks photoshopped but can't be sure, Anybody see if that really happened?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    are going nuts over the out of context heavily cropped photo of Fitz?s gesture, but they are celebrating what they did to him. That epitomizes every thing Ole Miss stands for. They are also celebrating what Metcalf did. My disdane for them has increased exponentially after this.
    Why was it out of context? Had he just scratched his nose and his hand accidentally wound up in that position? **

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shannondawg View Post
    There is a pix on facebook showing our players refusing to shake hands at the coin toss, it looks photoshopped but can't be sure, Anybody see if that really happened?
    I can’t say if we shook hands or not. I didn’t pay attention to the actual coin toss.

However I can say 100% without a doubt. OM players came across the 50 during early pre- game warmups talking trash, looking for a confrontation. I’ve been to all home games and in the stadium early but one. OM was the only team that I saw that didn’t stay on the north side of the 50 for warm ups.

Also, when OM re-entered the field from the dressing room, they didn’t just run down the east sideline (like every visiting team so far this year). The majority of the players ran from the dressing room to the middle of the field, a few even crossed to the west side of the 50 and had to be restrained. The coin toss took place about that time.

So we didn’t shake hands. So what? It was obvious they weren’t there for a gentleman’s game.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 11-25-2017 at 09:26 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgoneyall View Post
    The same???? Are you serious?
    You obviously missed my clarification.