Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's everyone's best guess as to who ends up where on the coaching carousel?

vCash

What's everyone's best guess as to who ends up where on the coaching carousel?

Now we know Kelly to UCLA and it looks like Frost to Nebraska may be a foregone conclusion. I think Taggart goes to UF or maybe Strong. Norvell likely to Upig. What happens at aTm, UM and UT? UM may end up with fat ass. Some UT fans still clinging to Gruden. Going to be interesting on how it all shakes out.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    At some point, at least one school is going to get drastically desperate and reach and overpay badly for someone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    At some point, at least one school is going to get drastically desperate and reach and overpay badly for someone.
    Rocky Top! Go Gata!

vCash
    Let's see how the Iron Bowl plays out. I'd like to see how Mahlzahn to Arkansas plays out.

vCash

Yep and with just the sheer number of openings there just aren't enough high

profile coaches out there for everyone to get who they may really want. UM is one of the lesser jobs out there. Can't believe Veneables and Morris haven't popped up as serious candidates yet.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    I think Strong ends up at UF - and that may have been Spurrier?s plan all along. Bring in big names with no shot, make Foley and Strick look helpless, and secure a job for one of his loyal guys.

I actually think Strong at UF will do a good job.

vCash
    UT is not getting a top flight coach. Sorry, but their program is not in a good spot to hire a great coach.

vCash
    An Arkansas friend of mine swears Malzahn to UPig.

vCash
    Kiffin back in the SEC somewhere or Nebraska. I'd love to see him in Auburn

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I think Strong ends up at UF - and that may have been Spurrier?s plan all along. Bring in big names with no shot, make Foley and Strick look helpless, and secure a job for one of his loyal guys.

I actually think Strong at UF will do a good job.
    A lot of people point to his tenure at Texas as evidence of failure, but I’m not sold that that’s failure. He was great at Louisville. I think Texas is just a coaching graveyard because the big bellies there want to run things, and they are not professional coaches and don’t know how. So, they handcuff the coach and make winning hard. Sorta like Jerry Jones.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    UT is not getting a top flight coach. Sorry, but their program is not in a good spot to hire a great coach.
    The days of UT as a power are dunzo.

vCash
    UT needs to go down to Memphis and get their coach. Gatorland is a dumpster fire. Whoever is their coach is going to have to clean it up. Still waiting to see what Aggieland does tonite.

vCash

I know he's from Arkansas but I don't see Malzahn going there. If they beat Bama

today, and they certainly have a chance, he's not going anywhere. He may not if they lose. It's simply a lesser job.

vCash

Same with Nebraska......Both have seen their best years and I don't see it returning

for either anytime soon......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    today, and they certainly have a chance, he's not going anywhere. He may not if they lose. It's simply a lesser job.
    It definitely is, but he is on the hot seat every year at AU. Might be worth going home to less stress.

vCash
    Does anyone know if Bee-York hired Taggert at WKU?

They were there at the same time.

vCash

Lane Kiffen in Oxford would be the most UM thing EVER!

NT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    NT
    Lock the doors to the CHI O house.

vCash
    Luke at OM is my best guess
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    If the penalties at OM turn out to be what they should be then Luke will be the coach there.