Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sounds like "cold feet" source was strong yesterday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    W Two of them were are most successful coaches ever. Now you boys don’t won’t to go back much more than that. Your arguments fall apart there.
    Not really. Jackie was good. Then we went down when we were on probation. Croom wasn't a great coach but he did get us to the Liberty Bowl and should have won more than he did. Dan has been successful as well. Take away the probation and who knows how the 2000's go?

Lots of historical factors as well- integration, SEC expansion, rise of the power five conferences. You can't compare 1940 MSU with 2017 MSU.

vCash
    Take away the probation.......and who is to blame for THAT? You guys kill me trying to argue against history. Our history is what it is. That is why I am SO pro Mullen. We ain’t never had anything like what we have now in the modern era, by your standards. By MY standards we ain’t had anything like we have now since McKeen prior to WWII. Your own standards bolster MY arguments.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ElitedawgRecruiting View Post
    Care to ask him where he got some of that excellent inside info over the years. Dude me and Lee are friends. And my intent here wasn?t to bash Lee or ED in anyway. I love ED and defend it to my core. But people can be wrong as well

And for the record I didn?t say Lee was wrong. I said his source was. And as it played out he was. And i am attempt at peace I will leave it at that.
    I need to meet Lee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    This

MSU football history started in 1990.

What we were before then & what we have been afterward, are drastically different.

3 coaches in 27 years is fantastic. What happened 30 years ago, which in college football, due to TV contracts, home games in Jackson, etc..., was a different era & is irrelevant.

I would go so far as to say anything pre-SEC Network/ESPN welfare money doesn't count.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    I tried to tell y'all that TN ship had sailed.

vCash
    Take away the probation.......and who is to blame for THAT? You guys kill me trying to argue against history. Our history is what it is. That is why I am SO pro Mullen. We ain’t never had anything like what we have now in the modern era, by your standards. By MY standards we ain’t had anything like we have now since McKeen prior to WWII. Your own standards bolster MY arguments.
    Not very many here are anti Mullen. It's just that you absolutely flip out every time there is a rumor about Dan and another school.

History has some relevance related to period in time. What you are doing would be like me comparing America today to America in the Civil War or Revolutionary period. A lot has changed since 1940. Dan at this point is actually only about one win on average better than Jackie during the same time frame in their careers. And some of that might be because Dan gets to play an extra game against a FCS school every year- something Jackie didn't get to do.

And no question probation absolutely affected us between 2001-2006. It was our fault- but we were not penalized for anything to the point where we had to vacate wins. I would imagine if Ole Miss was allowed to continue to cheat they would be winning 9-10 a year still instead of the 5-6 they have the past two years under investigation.

You can not compare 1950 MSU with today. You're talking about an era with two way players with leather helmets for God's sakes.

In this era we are a top 30 program every year with our ceiling being a top 10 program. And we're in better shape than some blue bloods right now- like Tennessee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    I would go so far as to say anything pre-SEC Network/ESPN welfare money doesn't count.
    That will be determined in time

vCash
    It?s funny that for so many years, Dan couldn?t keep a DC and now it?s a DC that is probably keeping Dan here.

I?d like to keep Mullen at least another year or two and see what he and Grantham can do with the strong foundation that we have at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    But it does, until people like me who grew up prior to that are dead and gone, the old perception of MSU is the one that lives on in the media. It's up to ALL of us to change that I've started it for me. After 30 yeArs as a subscriber and longer as a reader, of the Daily Journal, I'm done. I let my subscription expire. The only reason I didn't cancel it is because I wanted them to deliver every single paper they were obligated to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Not very many here are anti Mullen. It's just that you absolutely flip out every time there is a rumor about Dan and another school.

History has some relevance related to period in time. What you are doing would be like me comparing America today to America in the Civil War or Revolutionary period. A lot has changed since 1940. Dan at this point is actually only about one win on average better than Jackie during the same time frame in their careers. And some of that might be because Dan gets to play an extra game against a FCS school every year- something Jackie didn't get to do.

And no question probation absolutely affected us between 2001-2006. It was our fault- but we were not penalized for anything to the point where we had to vacate wins. I would imagine if Ole Miss was allowed to continue to cheat they would be winning 9-10 a year still instead of the 5-6 they have the past two years under investigation.

You can not compare 1950 MSU with today. You're talking about an era with two way players with leather helmets for God's sakes.

In this era we are a top 30 program every year with our ceiling being a top 10 program. And we're in better shape than some blue bloods right now- like Tennessee.
    I only flip out when I see "MSU Fans" blasting Dan with false info. In this era we were NOT a Top 30 program, till Dan arrived. There are people that are hell bent on rolling the dice again. It's all I have ever known , till Dan. It ain't for me. We have the first coach AT MSU since I have been alive that has no NCAA baggage,and has won HERE. The cheaters up the road are desperate to convince us he is a loser. To hell with them.

vCash
    I only flip out when I see "MSU Fans" blasting Dan with false info. In this era we were NOT a Top 30 program, till Dan arrived. There are people that are hell bent on rolling the dice again. It's all I have ever known , till Dan. It ain't for me. We have the first coach AT MSU since I have been alive that has no NCAA baggage,and has won HERE. The cheaters up the road are desperate to convince us he is a loser. To hell with them.
    That's because your era starts in 1940 or earlier. I've seen you flip out on stuff that people said wasn't true- like Dan to Florida earlier this year. Dan talking to Tennessee was true because Rosebowl reported it as well- and most of us said he wasn't going there. So how are "we" falling for it?

No one here wants Dan gone that I can see except for maybe one guy that everyone disagreed with.

You need to have some confidence in our current administration because the reality of life is Dan will leave at some point- might be 20 years from now or next year. But if the rumor is true that Cohen had Norvell lined up had Dan left and that on the heels of hiring Cann as the baseball coach it gives me confidence that we would make the best hire possible.

vCash
    And on top of that- literally every coach we have hired since Shira has had a winning season and all but one- Felker- at least went to a bowl game. We're in general better about hiring coaches than anyone in the league since 1969.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ElitedawgRecruiting View Post
    Care to ask him where he got some of that excellent inside info over the years. Dude me and Lee are friends. And my intent here wasn?t to bash Lee or ED in anyway. I love ED and defend it to my core. But people can be wrong as well

And for the record I didn?t say Lee was wrong. I said his source was. And as it played out he was. And i am attempt at peace I will leave it at that.
    Well good for you and thank you for your info and this site, slick. If you?d kindly reread my post I never said you hadn?t contributed, it said I couldn?t remember. Plus poor ole 34 was getting it from all sides yesterday so I defended him, not that he needs me to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Well good for you and thank you for your info and this site, slick. If you?d kindly reread my post I never said you hadn?t contributed, it said I couldn?t remember. Plus poor ole 34 was getting it from all sides yesterday so I defended him, not that he needs me to.
    Everyone needs it from all sides every once in a while and when it happens I stay out of it and hope it's not me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Lots of historical factors as well- integration, SEC expansion, rise of the power five conferences. You can't compare 1940 MSU with 2017 MSU.
    I would like to compare 2018 MSU to 1940 MSU, at least in the number of losses for the football team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    I would like to compare 2018 MSU to 1940 MSU, at least in the number of losses for the football team.
    We were a better program back then under McKeen. What we did with him killed us. Those post McKeen years were the years when today’s blue bloods were becoming what they are. We missed that boat. We are the closest we have come since with Mullen.

vCash
    We were a better program back then under McKeen. What we did with him killed us. Those post McKeen years were the years when today’s blue bloods were becoming what they are. We missed that boat. We are the closest we have come since with Mullen.
    Vanderbilt was also a solid program back then as well. We're never going to become a blue blood because of our state population. That's not to say we can't be solid. Arkansas, South Carolina, Ole Miss, and Kentucky never were going to be blue bloods either. Some like Arkansas and Ole Miss were solid for awhile but it wasn't going to last.

You basing everything off of Allyn McKeen getting fired is way off base and just wrong as far as 2017 goes. We've long overcome that probably when we hired Tyler. And you are also leaving out the fact that McKeen's last season we went 4-4 or something like that and he never coached again. Also there are urban legend rumors about him sleeping around with some influential booster's daughter.

Acting like we can't hire another good coach consecutively is crazy as well. History proves you wrong on that too- we hired Darrell Royal and Murray Warmath back to back in the 50's and both went on to win National Titles and are both in the College Football HOF. And that was less than 10 years after McKeen.

vCash
    Glad to see Grantham dig in and say he was staying. The irony of that on Mullen is kind of funny
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Glad to see Grantham dig in and say he was staying. The irony of that on Mullen is kind of funny
    What you mean? Grantham say he was staying if Mullen left?

vCash
    Yep. Promised kid not to move again until after graduation
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is