Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sounds like "cold feet" source was strong yesterday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I don't understand that reasoning. Vaught stayed at OM forever; Bear stayed at Alabama until he was almost dead; Beamer was at Va Tech for ages ... many more examples. Is it also time for Saban to move on? He's been at Alabama longer than Mullen's been at MSU.
    I’m sure its a personality thing. Some people need a new environment, some people don’t. Saying ALL coaches get burnt out after x number of years is an over generalization. I feel like Dan might have been burned out for a few seasons around years 6-8, he didn’t seem to be this season though. So who knows.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I've said it all along- it's hard to leave next year's team- thats 9 years of building finally coming to fruition, even for alot more money. Hope he doesnt leave- this team and this recruiting class are crucial for us
    Agree completely
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    We have been a revolving door for most of our history. We need stability more than anything. We know Mullen is a good coach HERE. We don't know that about any other guy out there you can say that about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    We have been a revolving door for most of our history. We need stability more than anything. We know Mullen is a good coach HERE. We don't know that about any other guy out there you can say that about.
    Agree completely!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Exactly! The team, the recruiting class of 18 and 19 give us a chance to take the next step. We need stability now.
    Need to make sure we wrap Grantham up too.
    This is my arguement, we shouldn’t roll the dice on a new coach at this point in time with the opportunity we have over the next few years. Last night sucked, but it was not on Mullen like its been in years past.

Head Elitedawg Croot Reporter
    vCash
    So with the early signing period looming and a coach having to be in place like tomorrow, and a contract in place to look over, their AD was just to busy to catch a plane? Or could it be that Mullen and Grantham already agreed to an extension before all this got out? I ain’t knocking you or the 247 crew. But if a contract was ready to be signed logistics didn’t cause the meeting to be canceled.

And i trust my source at Tennessee 100%. They gonna have to miss on a few for Dan to get an offer.

That’s the last thing I am gonna say about all this. But as much as you wanna believe your sources are right. I know for a fact mine at UT is right. I never said he couldn’t end up there. I am saying he isn’t their top pick and neither was Gruden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    This is my arguement, we shouldn’t roll the dice on a new coach at this point in time with the opportunity we have over the next few years. Last night sucked, but it was not on Mullen like its been in years past.
    Yep if we are gonna do it this is our time!

vCash
    Wrong- we have had 3 coaches in the last 27 years. Thats really good.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Dude- they had a meeting planned and Dan had a contract to look over. 100%
    Why some ppl don?t understand this is how Sexton (and all agents) get their clients paid is beyond me. Get an offer in writing to get market value then show it to who you?re negotiating with to get higher pay.

This does not mean ?cold feet?.

vCash
    We do change coordinators like spinal tap changes drummers though

vCash
    Throw enough crap at the wall and some will stick...

vCash
    Agree. There are certainly faults that Mullen has that I think are keeping him from being a great or elite coach, he is certainly a good coach for us, has the relationships with MS HS coaches and knows our lay of the land. You have to start over with all of that with a new coach. Those kind of things are probably more important in a rural state like MS than it would if you are talking about a coaching job in a more populous state.

vCash
    Sorry Dude- I'm powerful and all knowing- but I dont control what happens at Tennessee. Go call out Rosebowl for reporting the same thing I did. Thanks for being part of the board
    Well, if you had just reported that Dan was listening to TN like Rosebowl you would not have caught all of the blow back. You reported it initially like it was a done deal when it never was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Well, if you had just reported that Dan was listening to TN like Rosebowl you would not have caught all of the blow back. You reported it initially like it was a done deal when it never was.
    I post what the big boys throw to me. Thanks for being part of the board
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    I’m sure its a personality thing. Some people need a new environment, some people don’t. Saying ALL coaches get burnt out after x number of years is an over generalization. I feel like Dan might have been burned out for a few seasons around years 6-8, he didn’t seem to be this season though. So who knows.
    Burn out only seems to be a problem when teams are losing or the fan base is bat shite crazy.

vCash
    I post what the big boys throw to me. Thanks for being part of the board
    If you had waited till today nobody would have said a dang word to you.

vCash
    Cold feet or maybe just maybe he doesn?t want to leave us.
    Think they are both one in the same.

vCash
    Dude- they had a meeting planned and Dan had a contract to look over. 100%
    So the only logical explanation is dan's side cancelled the meeting? Bc it makes no sense that tn had its guy, prepared the contract, and then changed its mind. Good for dan.

vCash
    Wrong- we have had 3 coaches in the last 27 years. Thats really good.
    I said history 34. It didnt start 27 years ago. We were stable under McKeen, sort of under Jackie, and now. That's it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ElitedawgRecruiting View Post
    So with the early signing period looming and a coach having to be in place like tomorrow, and a contract in place to look over, their AD was just to busy to catch a plane? Or could it be that Mullen and Grantham already agreed to an extension before all this got out? I ain’t knocking you or the 247 crew. But if a contract was ready to be signed logistics didn’t cause the meeting to be canceled.

And i trust my source at Tennessee 100%. They gonna have to miss on a few for Dan to get an offer.

That’s the last thing I am gonna say about all this. But as much as you wanna believe your sources are right. I know for a fact mine at UT is right. I never said he couldn’t end up there. I am saying he isn’t their top pick and neither was Gruden
    I live in Chattanooga and am surrounded by UT fans and media. This is exactly what I have been hearing for the last week to 10 days. In fact, Mullen is far down on the list. He is the "bottom of the barrel" so to speak. They want to make a splash, and Dan is about as small of a splash that they feel they can stand.

There's been a lot of wasted angst on this topic.