Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sounds like "cold feet" source was strong yesterday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I post what the big boys throw to me. Thanks for being part of the board
    I drop those big boy sources.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I said history 34. It didnt start 27 years ago. We were stable under McKeen, sort of under Jackie, and now. That's it.
    history is 27 years. What happened 50 years ago is in no way relevant now and doesnt influence anything. That's the problem the Bearfins have-they cant get over the 1960's.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty96 View Post
    We do change coordinators like spinal tap changes drummers though
    Yep, part of what I was saying.

vCash
    history is 27 years. What happened 50 years ago is in no way relevant now and doesnt influence anything. That's the problem the Bearfins have-they cant get over the 1960's.
    Lol. Their problem is their recent history. Ours is no better, and if you go back to the era when most current reps were set, ours is atrocious. I know what you want, you have made it plain. I want to keep what we have and build it slow and steady. It won't be a constant upward trend, sustainable trends never are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    I?m sure its a personality thing. Some people need a new environment, some people don?t. Saying ALL coaches get burnt out after x number of years is an over generalization. I feel like Dan might have been burned out for a few seasons around years 6-8, he didn?t seem to be this season though. So who knows.

Probably frustrated how the OM Network was swaying players away from us as well as them getting the high 4 or 5* players, especially that had no previous ties or connections to OM, with an "aw shucks" coach and the NCAA not doing anything about it.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 11-24-2017 at 08:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgPoundtheRock View Post
    I live in Chattanooga and am surrounded by UT fans and media. This is exactly what I have been hearing for the last week to 10 days. In fact, Mullen is far down on the list. He is the "bottom of the barrel" so to speak. They want to make a splash, and Dan is about as small of a splash that they feel they can stand.

There's been a lot of wasted angst on this topic.
    Its never wasted angst for Dan. He always ends up with a nice raise out of these job rumor fiascos.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Its never wasted angst for Dan. He always ends up with a nice raise out of these job rumor fiascos.

I said in another thread something similar to this. As long as Jimmy Sexton is Mullen's agent and Mullen's name is a hot commodity this type of thing will continue. It's called doing business to help your client and yourself.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 11-24-2017 at 08:23 PM.

vCash
    ..and 1950's. Vaught got there in '47 and lasted until early 70's when he left and came back for a year or so...the hay day and ebb of segregation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty96 View Post
    We do change coordinators like spinal tap changes drummers though
    To be fair, all the Spinal Tap drummers died mysteriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    To be fair, all the Spinal Tap drummers died mysteriously.
    Peter Sirmon's defenses spontaneously combusted quite often.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Peter Sirmon's defenses spontaneously combusted quite often.
    The death of his career will be no mystery though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    We have been a revolving door for most of our history. We need stability more than anything. We know Mullen is a good coach HERE. We don't know that about any other guy out there you can say that about.
    We have had 3 Coaches in about 30 years. Name me a school who has had fewer? Then think about revolving doors in other places.
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsofAnarchy View Post
    We have had 3 Coaches in about 30 years. Name me a school who has had fewer? Then think about revolving doors in other places.
    I was thinking the same thing. We must be the most stable job in the NCAA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. We must be the most stable job in the NCAA.
    Every football coach we have had since Wade Walker in the 50's has had at least five seasons at MSU.

vCash
    Wrong- we have had 3 coaches in the last 27 years. Thats really good.
    This

MSU football history started in 1990.

What we were before then & what we have been afterward, are drastically different.

3 coaches in 27 years is fantastic. What happened 30 years ago, which in college football, due to TV contracts, home games in Jackson, etc..., was a different era & is irrelevant.

vCash
    Nothing pulled up on the link for me somebody give me the short version

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsofAnarchy View Post
    W Two of them were are most successful coaches ever. Now you boys don’t won’t to go back much more than that. Your arguments fall apart there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    This

MSU football history started in 1990.

What we were before then & what we have been afterward, are drastically different.

3 coaches in 27 years is fantastic. What happened 30 years ago, which in college football, due to TV contracts, home games in Jackson, etc..., was a different era & is irrelevant.
    To us maybe. We ain’t the victors and we didn’t write the history.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ElitedawgRecruiting View Post
    So with the early signing period looming and a coach having to be in place like tomorrow, and a contract in place to look over, their AD was just to busy to catch a plane? Or could it be that Mullen and Grantham already agreed to an extension before all this got out? I ain?t knocking you or the 247 crew. But if a contract was ready to be signed logistics didn?t cause the meeting to be canceled.

And i trust my source at Tennessee 100%. They gonna have to miss on a few for Dan to get an offer.

That?s the last thing I am gonna say about all this. But as much as you wanna believe your sources are right. I know for a fact mine at UT is right. I never said he couldn?t end up there. I am saying he isn?t their top pick and neither was Gruden
    To be fair, I can?t remember one inside tidbit or sourced nugget that you?ve shared with the board. Not saying you haven?t... Now 34, he seems to have some really good connections and provides good insight, IMO. Now his delivery, tone and tact could use some work.

Head Elitedawg Croot Reporter
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    To be fair, I can?t remember one inside tidbit or sourced nugget that you?ve shared with the board. Not saying you haven?t... Now 34, he seems to have some really good connections and provides good insight, IMO. Now his delivery, tone and tact could use some work.
    Care to ask him where he got some of that excellent inside info over the years. Dude me and Lee are friends. And my intent here wasn?t to bash Lee or ED in anyway. I love ED and defend it to my core. But people can be wrong as well

And for the record I didn?t say Lee was wrong. I said his source was. And as it played out he was. And i am attempt at peace I will leave it at that.