Thread: Todd4State's Thoughts

vCash

Todd4State's Thoughts

First of all I am proud of our team and how they didn't quit even after Fitzgerald went down. That's what good well coached teams do and that's what I expect from MSU every time out win or lose. For the people that didn't think we had enough energy- I think they are waaaayyyy off on that. Thugging out doesn't equal more energy. This game reminded me some of BYU 2001- terrible officiating and out of control dirty play.

And I will say this to Ole Miss fans- when one of your players gets hurt you can't say shit about any "classless State fans" or any of this "toxic rivalry" bullshit anymore when State fans are happy about it. In fact, I'd expect it going forward. If you do say something wussish- you're going to be referred to this game for awhile. The hilarious thing is you are probably stuck with that joke of a coach now while your talent dwindles. Have fun with probation!

Now as for MSU our future is incredibly bright. I think this loss as well as the Alabama loss are going to serve as motivation for next year and our team is going to be that much more focused and better. I know that if I was a football player I would have been in the gym working out just to get started as soon as possible.

Here's what we have coming back next year compare to this year:

QB- Fitz and an experienced Key- better

RB- Aeris and Hill. Better.

WR- Guidry, Todd, Couch, Dear, Deddrick, Mixon, Austin Williams, and Heath- MUCH better.

TE- Farrod and Justin Johnson- better.

OL- Return everyone except Rankin and Eiland looked just as good and add in Champion and Phillips. Better here too.

DL- Simmons, Thomas, add in Rivers. Also have Adams and Kobe Jones back plus some talented freshmen. -Better.

LB- Sweat, Leo, Gay, Erroll, Green, Spencer. Better

CB- Peters, Dantzler, Rayford add in Tyler Williams. Better.

S- Bryant, Abrams, McLaurin and add in Cole. Better here as well and I'm sure they are going to be a point of emphasis in the spring and fall. Three seniors in that group.

K- Christmann. We have a kicker! The same probably.

P- Day. We'll miss Cooke. We may take a step back here but I haven't really seen Day punt either so I'm erring on the side of caution here.

KR- Todd, Mixon, Deddrick- about the same.

We should be better next at every position group except for maybe punter. I can't wait. Just like I can't wait to here Breeland Speaks tell me about the time he hurt Fitz in the Egg Bowl right after he asks me if I want fries with that.

Let's make the most of our bowl practices and focus on getting better for next year and winning our bowl game.

vCash
    I like our team headed into next season

vCash
    CB is a worry for me.

Peters doesn’t have the hips to hang with top WRs and we lack speed there.

Gotta figure something out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I like our team headed into next season
    better find a corner.

vCash
    In hindsight, maybe Austin Williams should not have redshirted, I dunno.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    In hindsight, maybe Austin Williams should not have redshirted, I dunno.
    I don't know either- he looked decent in the spring game but nothing that would have made me think he could have helped a lot this year. I wouldn't be shocked if we move him to TE with all of the talent we have coming in at WR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    better find a corner.
    I agree, but there are always question marks headed into a season. If one position is the only question mark, we in pretty good shape

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I don't know either- he looked decent in the spring game but nothing that would have made me think he could have helped a lot this year. I wouldn't be shocked if we move him to TE with all of the talent we have coming in at WR.
    TE's coming back: Roberson, Johnson, Green, Jones, Warren, incoming players Cumbest and possibly Gardner. That's 7 scholarship TE's. I think Austin stays at WR and gets in the rotation next year.

vCash
    TE's coming back: Roberson, Johnson, Green, Jones, Warren, incoming players Cumbest and possibly Gardner. That's 7 scholarship TE's. I think Austin stays at WR and gets in the rotation next year.
    Yeah good hands, good route runner. Possession wr.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah good hands, good route runner. Possession wr.
    Heady player, real student of the game. Overachiever, gritty. Gym rat. Could be the next Steve Largent.
    Last edited by HoopsDawg; 11-24-2017 at 06:43 PM.

vCash
    Heady player, real student of the game. Overachiever, gritty. Gym rat.
    That?s even better. Good size too. He may not be a game breaker but give me a guy that?s gonna get open and catch the ball every time. I?ll take it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    That?s even better. Good size too. He may not be a game breaker but give me a guy that?s gonna get open and catch the ball every time. I?ll take it.
    Same size as Adam Thielen and Will Prosser.

vCash
    Delete

vCash
    Same size as Adam Thielen and Will Prosser.
    He?s gonna help for sure.