Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fitzgerald Prognosis

vCash

Fitzgerald Prognosis

Anyone know how long he?ll be out? Got about 9 months till the 2018 season begins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman79 View Post
    Anyone know how long he?ll be out? Got about 9 months till the 2018 season begins.
    Surgery this morning went well. Out 6-8 weeks before beginning rehab. His Dad says he will be back for spring practice.
    Last edited by BrunswickDawg; 11-24-2017 at 04:38 PM.

vCash
    Full mobility and speed will be questionable. And we all know, that’s where his strength is. He better develop some accuracy with that arm.

vCash
    Guess you mean weeks.

vCash
    I predict he will be out until next season. I've read he may be ok for light duty in the Spring.

vCash
    From what I?ve heard he will make a complete recovery. Treadwell had a worse injury than this and it didn?t affect his mobility at all. Nick does he rehab right he will be 100% what he was by next fall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MafiaDawg View Post
    Guess you mean weeks.
    Yeah - fixed that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Surgery this morning went well. Out 6-8 weeks before beginning rehab. His Dad says he will be back for spring practice.
    That’s great. He still had a lot of career left.

vCash
    If it was what I think it was- he will probably be out the 6-8 weeks and I think he has a very good chance at 100% recovery. I think he is going to be extra motivated next year as well. That's bad news for the rest of the league. He had a chance to set the SEC record for rushing yards by a QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    From what I?ve heard he will make a complete recovery. Treadwell had a worse injury than this and it didn?t affect his mobility at all. Nick does he rehab right he will be 100% what he was by next fall.
    Yeah - he was actually pretty lucky. It wasn?t like it was a Robert Edwards type injury that crushed bone. Clean break and dislocation - with strong rehab - and he can definitely comeback full speed.

vCash
    Yeah - he was actually pretty lucky. It wasn?t like it was a Robert Edwards type injury that crushed bone. Clean break and dislocation - with strong rehab - and he can definitely comeback full speed.
    Yep no doubt. With no nerve damage there?s no reason he won?t be 100% provided he commits himself to his rehab, that?s the real key to being 100% again. As much of a competitor that Nick is I have no doubt he?s gonna work his butt off and be a man on a misesion come next fall. Love Nick and praying for a complete recovery!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Full mobility and speed will be questionable. And we all know, that’s where his strength is. He better develop some accuracy with that arm.
    I see a lot of orthopedic surgery and if he doesn’t have nerve and extensive ligament damage like reported he should make a full recovery. Hope the kid comes back 100%

vCash
    He will lose a step, there's no question about it. I honestly don't think we run him nearly as much even if he recovers well. Big opportunities for the RB's next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    He will lose a step, there's no question about it.
    Serious question - Are you a doctor, or more specifically, Nick's doctor? Just want to know the context behind such a definitive statement.

vCash
    I have a lot of orthos as clients, even Dr Andrews clinic in bham. If there was no nerve damage and he commits to rehab no reason he can?t be 100%. None.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    He will lose a step, there's no question about it. I honestly don't think we run him nearly as much even if he recovers well. Big opportunities for the RB's next season.
    He wasn't gonna run near as much next year anyway. It's Mullen's MO. You could see over the past few games that he was getting much more accurate. Mullen is bringing him along just like Dak.

vCash
    Question for you orthos, doctors, etc. I?ve never seen a player scream in agony like that in a sport setting. What does the on the field training staff do in those circumstances for pain? Once Fitz sat up, he seemed to be in much less pain. And obviously he was on the sidelines later. How?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaggardDawg View Post
    Question for you orthos, doctors, etc. I?ve never seen a player scream in agony like that in a sport setting. What does the on the field training staff do in those circumstances for pain? Once Fitz sat up, he seemed to be in much leoss pain. And obviously he was on the sidelines later. How?
    In a lot of cases they have a quick injection pain killer like morphine similar to what?s used in combat. Not sure what we use but I know some programs that?s what is used.

ETA I?m not an ortho but I am in the medical industry and have a lot of clients that are orthos that I see.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 11-24-2017 at 05:23 PM.

vCash
    We should start spring ball as late as possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    We should start spring ball as late as possible.
    Great idea