Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well For Those Of You Who Wanted AJ.............

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    Before yesterday, I said take him for the talent.

Now, I just really want to know what the community of Starkville did to piss that kid off so much. He has so much hatred. There has to be something. A definite no take. Instant locker room poison.
    The city of Starkville provided a state championship football team for him to play on. He was going to Ole Miss from day one. He was never coming to Msu. What ole miss effectively did was purchase a player they already owned.

Banned
    vCash
    I can appreciate AJ is the only worthwhile talent that is a rebel. Why it chose to be that I'll never know. At state he would be in a group of worthwhile individuals and greatly loved.

Nonetheless, ms state will press on and we all feel we are better than OM this year anyway

vCash
    I just can’t understand how for the life of me that he could grow up in Starkville and be an MSU fan his whole life and then suddenly turn and go to OM. Knowing that he’s turning his back and everything and everyone he knew. Knowing he would be one of the most hated players from Starkville and by the MSU fan base of all time. But once again, money speaks louder than good sense and when you’re 18 you don’t think things through clearly. He will forever be an outcast in his own town. Sad, but that’s the way the cookie crumbles when you put MOE.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We beat Ole Miss with Nick Fitzgerald. That's why I say he wasn't the difference in that game. I doubt he would have been the difference in beating Alabama as well. What did he do against them this year?
    He ate up a bracket coverage and allowed others to make plays. If we had him, that would have been two people occupied. I take those numbers with Fitz. Good that we are bringing in some receivers maybe one will have this effect.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    LOL It seems like just about all on the board who were so adamant about we had to have AJ and and the coaches needed to mend that relationship, now have gotten a sudden case of amnesia.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 11-24-2017 at 08:46 PM.

vCash
    We beat Ole Miss with Nick Fitzgerald. That's why I say he wasn't the difference in that game. I doubt he would have been the difference in beating Alabama as well. What did he do against them this year?
    Maybe caught a few more passes than were caught. I know we ran on them but that would have made things a little easier in the run game.

vCash

Unless AJ kicked that field goal for OM's 3 points, he was pretty much non-existent.

vCash
    One thing I don't understand: So many on this board "know" he got a Charger, big bucks, and illegal contacts allowed thru his high school, but the NCAA mentioned none of this in their multi-year investigation. What gives? If it is so obvious, are they totally incompetent and the sanctions will be a big letdown to many of us?

vCash
    No he's not. And I've said it before and I will say it again- give me Guidry, Heath, and Whop over him.
    He?s done it against sec competition, they haven?t. Give me the guy that have not only done it against sec competition, but is one of the best in the conference at his position over guys who haven?t.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    He?s done it against sec competition, they haven?t. Give me the guy that have not only done it against sec competition, but is one of the best in the conference at his position over guys who haven?t.
    After that game and his actions, if he decided to transfer, I don't think the MSU locker room would be good for AJ. His health that is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    One thing I don't understand: So many on this board "know" he got a Charger, big bucks, and illegal contacts allowed thru his high school, but the NCAA mentioned none of this in their multi-year investigation. What gives? If it is so obvious, are they totally incompetent and the sanctions will be a big letdown to many of us?
    The cut off date for the NCAA NOA #2 WAS JANUARY 30, 2016. NOA #3, needs to happen. This happened after that date. It would get Matt Luke and the prostitutes, cars, money, accounts, illegal benefits, etc.
    Last edited by Mimi's Babies; 11-25-2017 at 09:44 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    Exactly, can't let our emotions cloud reality. The reality is that AJ Brown is either the best WR in the SEC or at minimum within the Top 3. And yes, with him we beat Bama at home and we beat OM (even with Nick injured) to go a minimum of 10-2. Doesn't change the fact that he is a total turd but I am not going to deny the guy's talent. We can say we don't want him on our team and I'm down with that but its sort of foolish to make statements that he wouldn't have made a huge difference on our team especially given that WR is probably the weakest position on our team. And I still haven't seen anyone really answer the question about why he hates MSU so much having grown up in Starkville. Is it simply because Mullen refused to meet his financial demands?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    After that game and his actions, if he decided to transfer, I don't think the MSU locker room would be good for AJ. His health that is.
    I said specifically that his hatred for MSU is the only thing that’d keep me from wanting him. General arrogance, shit-headdedness, and all around douchery though is something I’d be fine overlooking for a guy like him, and a lot of the posters where just saying we don’t generally need that kinda attitude. That’s something state fans say a lot when it comes to really really good players. Yes, some talented players are such headcases, they never reach their potential, but lots of supremely talented douchbags do reach their potential and a few of them on our roster is the difference between being good and being great. Plus put them in a team environment that doesn’t foster that attitude and their attitude probably toned down a bit.

In short, I’m fine taking some 5* talent with generally cocky attitudes, but one that specifically has a hatred of MSU is a problem, and wouldn’t come here anyway.