Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breland Speaks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    I was madder that our players didn’t take his ass out after he did that shit than I was that he did it. There is no ****ing way that should have gone unpunished.
    I'd have never wanted one of my players to sink to the level to try to injure someone just because the other team was.

That's a shitty lesson to relay to your players.

The best way to retaliate is to beat their ass on the scoreboard.

Kids will do stupid crap, it's up to the coaches to be adults and curtail it.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    I'd have never wanted one of my players to sink to the level to try to injure someone just because the other team was.

I do not agree with you much, but I do here. I do not want us to get on that level

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash

I’m not talking about the coaches.

vCash

I'd never want our players to resort to dirty tactics in order to win football games like they had to do, but after repeated instances of their guys purposefully going for either below the legs or trying to rip off helmets I wanted to see one of our guys to start knocking their teeth out. Like I said, these replays should play over and over again in the locker room until the next Egg Bowl. Go back into Oxford and burn it back to the ground like we should have done in 2016. Dan has some unfinished business.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    I’m not talking about the coaches.
    I know, but I hope I would have coached my boys up enough not to do it to start with, or to retaliate to it being done.

And if it happened, and I was aware of it, which I would be next film session if not in the game, it would be addressed immediately.

Coaching ain't just calling plays and x's and o's
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

Banned
    vCash
    The truth about Ole Miss, nobody wants you to know...

They even embarrass the Ole Miss fan base. Or their players embarrass them even.

It's just built up by the media, ESPN, ask Archie manning even, that people love them.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach 57 View Post
    The game plan was pretty simple, take out Fitz and they can win. It wasn’t about football anymore it was about trying desperately to injure the center piece of our offense. Yes Speaks has a lot of tools & is talented and he did dominate our LT most of the night but he was absolutely trying to hurt Fitz. The initial head shot early on before Fitz was hurt was an indicator that he was. He later targeted Key on a speed option above the neck. If you don’t believe me look at the fruits, go and watch the scratches on his helmet accumulate around the crown of his helmet as the game went on. He was leading with his crown almost all night long, that’s poor tackling technique and will eventually get him hurt or brain damage. I’ve watched a lot of football in my day and from eyes that know the truth, let me tell you the guy absolutely playing dirty almost all night. And I’m more disappointed & disgusted that an OLmen didn’t make him pay for those shots on our kids.
    I'm with you coach the ol should have handled it. We would still be running sprints for not taking care of it.