Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rosebowl say

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    My final list of coaches if it comes to it:

James Franklin, only making $4.6 at Penn State. Would he wanna come back to the SEC? He is worth $6M.

Dave Doeren, NC State. Offensive guy. Runs a development program similar to Mullen. His play calling is really creative.

Bill Clark, UAB. Lots of connections through AL high schools. Believe he would be pretty good hire.

Mike Norvell, Memphis. Obvious reasons but has he just taken Fuente's talent and bummed off of it? Can he recruit?

Matt Campbell, Iowa State. Beat Oklahoma with a third team QB. They recruit MS pretty heavily.

Dana Holgorensen, WV. Have been told there is some interest from Dana if it opens up. Has a child in Pisgah. Offensive minded coach.

I also think Venerables and Pruitt would be okay.
    How about Fuente? He's making $3.5M now at Va Tech with a contract that will pay him $4M ... in 6 years. We could certainly afford him.

http://www.roanoke.com/hokies/virgin...1ebf26643.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Martianlander View Post
    So Dan didn't get out coached.
    1. A team that hadn't run the ball all year ran all over us.
    2. A team that was so/so in protecting the quarterback, for the most part gave him time to throw.
    3. A defense that has been terrible against the run all year stopped us when they needed to.
    4. A defense that has been average at best against the pass stopped us. Yes you can argue that was because Fitz was out, but that's only part of the story. We should have been able to complete short passes. Mullen was not prepared for this.
    5. Their poor offensive line outplayed us.
    6. Their poor defensive line outplayed us.
    7. Other than the blocked punt I don't believe we even had an advantage on special teams.
    Dan got out coached.
    Good grief did you even watch the gsme? Holy shit this is brutal. No point I'm busting holes in most of this, your stupidity has already been proven.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Good grief did you even watch the gsme? Holy shit this is brutal. No point I'm busting holes in most of this, your stupidity has already been proven.
    +1

Banned
    vCash
    Honesty = brutality? He made good points but all you can do is call him stupid? Face it, Matt Luke had his team fired up and Dan did not.

Banned
    vCash
    Delete

vCash
    Also didn?t have our top 4 receivers again. Surely didn?t help Key

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Honesty = brutality? He made good points but all you can do is call him stupid? Face it, Matt Luke had his team fired up and Dan did not.
    Ok well then I'll add you then, team ran all over us??? Really they had 2 running plays for 68 yard. Ran it 30 times for 111. That's running all over us? 2, we sacked him 4 times. 2 for 2 in dumb ass. 3, we ran for 275 had our backup qb in. So whatever you think. 4, see 3. 5, they had 350 total yards, we busted one coverage and gave up 2 more huge passing plays, if you want to say their wr's outplayed our db's yes but the previously mentioned stats prove your point to be wrong, again. 6. See earlier point. 7. We did block a punt that counts. Everything else was a draw on st. As I said to him and now I'm asking you since you came running to his defense, did you watch the damn game or what? Ok Dan sucks. Right whatever. Carry on.

vCash
    delete

vCash
    Ok well then I'll add you then, team ran all over us??? Really they had 2 running plays for 68 yard. Ran it 30 times for 111. That's running all over us? 2, we sacked him 4 times. 2 for 2 in dumb ass. 3, we ran for 275 had our backup qb in. So whatever you think. 4, see 3. 5, they had 350 total yards, we busted one coverage and gave up 2 more huge passing plays, if you want to say their wr's outplayed our db's yes but the previously mentioned stats prove your point to be wrong, again. 6. See earlier point. 7. We did block a punt that counts. Everything else was a draw on st. As I said to him and now I'm asking you since you came running to his defense, did you watch the damn game or what? Ok Dan sucks. Right whatever. Carry on.
    There are many here that don’t know crap about football.

Banned
    vCash
    I'm not saying Dan sux or want him gone. He let Matt Luke bring in a more inspired team than he did. I'm tried of losing important games like this. Dan needs to learn how to prepare his team when there are targets on their backs. I hope and think he can learn how to do so.

vCash
    I'm not saying Dan sux or want him gone. He let Matt Luke bring in a more inspired team than he did. I'm tried of losing important games like this. Dan needs to learn how to prepare his team when there are targets on their backs. I hope and think he can learn how to do so.
    How can anyone say they were more inspired. They had a big play to open the score and then nick went out. Completely sucked emotion out of the team and crowd. Not easy to come back from that kind of injury in any sport. Yet we almost did. If we had quit and it remained a blowout I would be more inclined to semi-agree. Team deserves a ton of credit for fighting for 60 minutes.

vCash
    It?s simple if they don?t take Nick out we win. Period. We knew they would come out fired up and they always score early. We weathered that as they only had 10 at the half and Nick would?ve pounded them from the second quarter on.

vCash
    Not sure how reliable this tweet is but saw this from @Vol Nugs:

Anonymous Football Staff Submission: 110% chance Mullen will not be coaching here. We were told this today. No other info on who guy is

vCash
    Yes, Dan had our team fired up... the stupidity of you posters is amazing. Dan didn't intentionally break our QBs leg, Dan didn't turn the ball over 5 times and Dan didn't drop a pick six. But besides all that Dan's offense had 502 yards and lost by 3 pts.

vCash
    +1

vCash
    I thought we were matching their intensity until Fitz got hurt. You could feel the energy leave the stadium when people realized he was hurt.

ETA: and I actually thought the players and the fans did a great job trying to rally and bring the intensity back, but every turnover sucked the intensity right back out again.

vCash
    If Fitz doesn't get the cheap shot, we win the game. Nobody ever considered the possibility of losing Fitz for this game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    If Fitz doesn't get the cheap shot, we win the game. Nobody ever considered the possibility of losing Fitz for this game.
    Yep and it?s that simple. We win by 2 scores at least

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VandelayIndustries View Post
    Not sure how reliable this tweet is but saw this from @Vol Nugs:

Anonymous Football Staff Submission: 110% chance Mullen will not be coaching here. We were told this today. No other info on who guy is
    C34 says that ain?t right... 9 years, but it over now

vCash
    Excuse me guys for dealing in facts. I said at the start I like Dan and give him great credit for our program. He's just become complacent. I hope all of you calling me names are having a good time. I haven't called anyone else a name, just expressing my opinion and backing it up with facts.
    I guess you think if you name call name me enough that I'll realize, Dan coached a great game. Glad it was close. Let's throw more money at him so we can lose to Alabama, Auburn, unm, and one or two others.****
    If Dan elects to stay, I'm all for him. Will pull for him to win every game next year. My point is sometimes things have just played out and it's best for both parties to move on. Hey sorry if I'm in the minority here. Dan doesn't have the same fire he did when he came here.