Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rosebowl say

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Venables and Clark would both be good hires. I think Venables could be the equivalent of Kirby Smart given his background. And Bill Clark has been a successful HC in multiple places. I would take either of those in a heartbeat if Dan left.
    I like Venables. Correct me if Im wrong but isnt Clark an older guy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Martianlander View Post
    After the coaching job last night, I'm ready for him to go. I've been a big fan of Dan and think he has done a tremendous job getting us to where we are. I also believe he has topped out and both he and State need a change. It's just time. I could go into a lot more detail but surely you see that Dan is consistently getting out coached now.
    Hey Todd... this is why I post things I post. Unreal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg496 View Post
    We're okay with people ripping premium content and posting it here?

No reference to the above, but I have seen that in the past on here. I'm not going to do it as I don't thiink it's ethitical or fair to site author(s), administatrator(s), or the other paid subscribers. To each their own I guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I like Venables. Correct me if Im wrong but isnt Clark an older guy?
    He’s 49. But he has a ton of connections in Alabama high school. He’s had a similar career path to Malzahn. Started out in high school and worked his way up. Malzahn just went faster.

vCash
    I wouldn't want a defensive guy. It's an offensive game now. No D guy is going to want to run a high powered passing attack or fast paced offense. They generally go pro style and we can't recruit for that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Steve Robertson 69346 posts
    2 hours ago
    via Mobile
    VIP
    I was told earlier this week that Tennessee had requested permission to speak with Mullen. I understand that Tennessee was told that Dan would not be available for any interviews until after the game.
    I'm told today that Mullen will speak with Tennessee today. In fact, as I understand it they will fly down and pick him up for that chat.
    My understanding is that it is not a done deal and that Mullen has been receptive to talk of an extension, more money for Grantham and assistants.
    He has a decision to make and I'm told it won't take him long.
    I have been informed that In the event that State has to hire a new football coach that it would take place very quickly as in possibly ten days or so.
    While steps have been taken to retain Mullen, all of the eggs aren't all in Dan's basket. I'm told the MSU administration has already had some feelers out and that they have already been vetting potential candidates.
    Some names I've heard mentioned are Neal Brown at Troy, Mike Norvell at Memphis, Bill Clark at UAB, Brent Venables at Clemson, Barry Odom at Missouri and Jeremy Pruitt at Alabama among others.
    Mullen said in post game that he planned to be here next year. I'm told he's happy with the direction of the program, but feels he owes it to himself and his family to get the best deal possible wether that be here or elsewhere
    I can assure you John Cohen and Dr Keenum are bring proactive on both fronts. It should be an interesting week no matter how it turns out.

Same shit I said last night. You're welcome and thank you for reading Elitedawgs
    Actually it's not................and Steve waited till today. You deserved the flak you took.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I wouldn't want a defensive guy. It's an offensive game now. No D guy is going to want to run a high powered passing attack or fast paced offense. They generally go pro style and we can't recruit for that.
    I think you need a defensive HC that hires a good OC and staff and lets them do their thing. Defense wins championships not the air raid

vCash
    My final list of coaches if it comes to it:

James Franklin, only making $4.6 at Penn State. Would he wanna come back to the SEC? He is worth $6M.

Dave Doeren, NC State. Offensive guy. Runs a development program similar to Mullen. His play calling is really creative.

Bill Clark, UAB. Lots of connections through AL high schools. Believe he would be pretty good hire.

Mike Norvell, Memphis. Obvious reasons but has he just taken Fuente's talent and bummed off of it? Can he recruit?

Matt Campbell, Iowa State. Beat Oklahoma with a third team QB. They recruit MS pretty heavily.

Dana Holgorensen, WV. Have been told there is some interest from Dana if it opens up. Has a child in Pisgah. Offensive minded coach.

I also think Venerables and Pruitt would be okay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Have you watched a high school game in the last 15 years? There are almost 0 teams running anything close to that in this state. It’s either the wing t or a variant of that or it’s the spread. Who is running the “pro style” offense in the SEC? Let’s check, Arkansas, that’s working out well now isn’t it.

vCash
    Only reason I clicked on this was because of the title "Rosebowl Say". After last night will not be clicking any threads started by C34. This site seems to be more about him now than MSU. Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    This is a reactionary dumbass post, Jesus dude that was the cheapest of cheap shots and we turned it over 6 times. Had to coach your way out of that.
    So Dan didn't get out coached.
    1. A team that hadn't run the ball all year ran all over us.
    2. A team that was so/so in protecting the quarterback, for the most part gave him time to throw.
    3. A defense that has been terrible against the run all year stopped us when they needed to.
    4. A defense that has been average at best against the pass stopped us. Yes you can argue that was because Fitz was out, but that's only part of the story. We should have been able to complete short passes. Mullen was not prepared for this.
    5. Their poor offensive line outplayed us.
    6. Their poor defensive line outplayed us.
    7. Other than the blocked punt I don't believe we even had an advantage on special teams.
    Dan got out coached.

vCash
    2. A team that was so/so in protecting the quarterback, for the most part gave him time to throw.
    3. A defense that has been terrible against the run all year stopped us when they needed to.
    4. A defense that has been average at best against the pass stopped us. Yes you can argue that was because Fitz was out, but that's only part of the story. We should have been able to complete short passes. Mullen was not prepared for this.
    7. Other than the blocked punt I don't believe we even had an advantage on special teams.
    Dan got out coached.
    Go look at the stats. Things would have been better if Dan hadn't turned the ball over 5 times. Why can't he hold on to the ball?

vCash
    Stayed to the end. You could tell when UNM hit the field they wanted it more that us. Not unusual. I don't want losing seasons of "Well it's ok as long as we beat Ole Miss, but we will never get 9 to 10 wins if we don't.

vCash
    Dan got out coached.
    What game did you watch?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MzTerry View Post
    Bill Clark would be an absolute winner here
    I disagree. I think he would he would win big here. He's good for UAB but I don't think he would be a good fit for what we want to do unless we're OK with staying where we are or going backwards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Steve Robertson 69346 posts
    2 hours ago
    via Mobile
    VIP
    I was told earlier this week that Tennessee had requested permission to speak with Mullen. I understand that Tennessee was told that Dan would not be available for any interviews until after the game.
    I'm told today that Mullen will speak with Tennessee today. In fact, as I understand it they will fly down and pick him up for that chat.
    My understanding is that it is not a done deal and that Mullen has been receptive to talk of an extension, more money for Grantham and assistants.
    He has a decision to make and I'm told it won't take him long.
    I have been informed that In the event that State has to hire a new football coach that it would take place very quickly as in possibly ten days or so.
    While steps have been taken to retain Mullen, all of the eggs aren't all in Dan's basket. I'm told the MSU administration has already had some feelers out and that they have already been vetting potential candidates.
    Some names I've heard mentioned are Neal Brown at Troy, Mike Norvell at Memphis, Bill Clark at UAB, Brent Venables at Clemson, Barry Odom at Missouri and Jeremy Pruitt at Alabama among others.
    Mullen said in post game that he planned to be here next year. I'm told he's happy with the direction of the program, but feels he owes it to himself and his family to get the best deal possible wether that be here or elsewhere
    I can assure you John Cohen and Dr Keenum are bring proactive on both fronts. It should be an interesting week no matter how it turns out.

Same shit I said last night. You're welcome and thank you for reading Elitedawgs
    Clark, Venables, Pruitt, and Odom?

Odom? Odom? ODOM??? Fooking ODOM???!!!

Lost me there, and any credibility I thought he had as far as insider info on any thing coaching wise.

And if we can't do better than those 4 names, I'm done, investment wise.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Clark, Venables, Pruitt, and Odom?

Odom? Odom? ODOM??? Fooking ODOM???!!!

Lost me there, and any credibility I thought he had as far as insider info on any thing coaching wise.

And if we can't do better than those 4 names, I'm done, investment wise.
    Odom has been outstanding this year at mizzou after the awful start. I would rather go another route, but he is acquitting himself well so far

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Odom has been outstanding this year at mizzou after the awful start. I would rather go another route, but he is acquitting himself well so far
    You think he would leave Mizzou for State even if for some wacko reason we wanted to hire him?
    He's a Mizzou alum who has been coaching there all but 2 of the last about 15 years.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Dan got out coached.
    Dude, just stop. We turned it over 5 times, dropped at least 2 sure interceptions and our star QB got injured 5 minutes into the game. We didn’t lose because of coaching.

vCash
    Dan got out coached.
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Go look at the stats. Things would have been better if Dan hadn't turned the ball over 5 times. Why can't he hold on to the ball?
    Agree Liverpool -- we only OUTGAINED TCUN by almost 150 yards despite losing one of the best playmakers in the SEC. 2 of the 5 TO's being practically inside the red-zone obviously didn't hurt us any. C'mon Martian, that's some absurd sh!t right there.
    Last edited by WSOPdawg; 11-24-2017 at 06:15 PM.