Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rosebowl say

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Martianlander View Post
    Excuse me guys for dealing in facts. I said at the start I like Dan and give him great credit for our program. He's just become complacent. I hope all of you calling me names are having a good time. I haven't called anyone else a name, just expressing my opinion and backing it up with facts.
    I guess you think if you name call name me enough that I'll realize, Dan coached a great game. Glad it was close. Let's throw more money at him so we can lose to Alabama, Auburn, unm, and one or two others.****
    If Dan elects to stay, I'm all for him. Will pull for him to win every game next year. My point is sometimes things have just played out and it's best for both parties to move on. Hey sorry if I'm in the minority here. Dan doesn't have the same fire he did when he came here.
    What facts? I shot holes in all of Your FACTS. Say we stunk in the secondary. Say something correct and I'll back you. But your 7 facts as you call them, were just plain wrong. I don't know what else to tell you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Yes, Dan had our team fired up... the stupidity of you posters is amazing. Dan didn't intentionally break our QBs leg, Dan didn't turn the ball over 5 times and Dan didn't drop a pick six. But besides all that Dan's offense had 502 yards and lost by 3 pts.
    I don't think that Martian guy is a State Fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I don't think that Martian guy is a State Fan.
    Jack you are welcome to look at my over 1000 posts and see that I am certainly a State fan, State graduate, all my kids are State graduates. I have been a big supporter of Dan over the years, and very rarely criticized him. However I think it's time and sorry if I'm ruffling some feathers.

vCash
    Jack you are welcome to look at my over 1000 posts and see that I am certainly a State fan, State graduate, all my kids are State graduates. I have been a big supporter of Dan over the years, and very rarely criticized him. However I think it's time and sorry if I'm ruffling some feathers.
    Cool. Just need to learn the difference between facts and opinions. Especially when stats make your opinions wrong.

vCash
    When “Paul say” I’ll give a shit...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Cool. Just need to learn the difference between facts and opinions. Especially when stats make your opinions wrong.
    So Ole Miss has run the ball well all year? They have had a good defense all year? The stat that matters to me is 31-28. It was a team we should have beat two touchdowns even with injured players. I'm all for State but I don't understand when you don't recognize that they played lousy/semi-lousy. Weren't prepared.

vCash
    Sorry I called you a non State fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Sorry I called you a non State fan.
    NO offense taken. Maybe I'm over hyped because of the bad loss.

vCash
    So Ole Miss has run the ball well all year? They have had a good defense all year? The stat that matters to me is 31-28. It was a team we should have beat two touchdowns even with injured players. I'm all for State but I don't understand when you don't recognize that they played lousy/semi-lousy. Weren't prepared.
    UNM has run for 150 yards or more in 5 of their last 7 games and over 200 yards for 3 of their last 7. Kentucky held them to 91 and us to 108 but we held them to less yards per carry than any team in the last 7 games. They had 2 explosive run plays that accounted for 68 of the 108 yards. Their other 30 rushing attempts gained 40 yards, 1.33 yards per carry. They did not come close to running all over us and they have been running the ball well the last half of the year.

Us and LSU are the only 2 teams that went over 500 yards of offense on them in the last 6 games. Their defense is not good, but losing 5 possessions 2 inside the red zone was the issue along with freshman QB. You are way way off base on your fact points

vCash
    Dude, five turnovers. That will get you beat nearly every time. That we nearly beat them is a miracle.

vCash
    5 turnovers, that is the McGuffin of this game.500 yards is nice but not when you shit the bed 5 times. We all knew that Ole Miss was going to score. Where we thought we had them was our offense would blow them off the field. But to start the game Mullen got to Mullen. We should have never kicked off to them. Throwing the ball , instead of running it down their throats, bad decision. If we were going to throw it, should have been screens. Fitz never throws it well until He gets hit a few times.

vCash
    Keep coming back for more huh? You said they ran all over us, if 30 carries for 3.5 a carry is running all over us then yeah you are right. Except nobody except you believes that. You had 7 points. All 7 were wrong. Your opinion that we weren't prepared I would disagree with. Qb hurt and 5 turnovers. I still question whether or not you even watched the game based on your original list. But I'll leave it alone cause you clearly have no rebuttal.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I heard it earlier in the week- I leaked it last night because it began to look like he was leaving. Then I updated after the game. I'll update you again when I hear a decision. Thank you for reading.
    Yeah Coach, you 17ed this up from the beginning. I understand you are now trying to save face. Just stop. Maybe this will blow over in a few months.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I haven’t ****ed anything up but thanks. I’ll continue to post rumors as long as Elitedawgs exists. Since I posted- others have corroborated my post. Thanks for posting
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    1 Question: Have you ever played a single down of football, pee wee doesn't count?

Because your assessment of what happened Thursday couldn't be more far off the mark even if it was on Mars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    1 Question: Have you ever played a single down of football, pee wee doesn't count?

Because your assessment of what happened Thursday couldn't be more far off the mark even if it was on Mars.
    Look guys, I didn't know I was starting such a firestorm, but they did break long runs against us no matter what the yards per carry was. As for the turnovers, a lot of that is coaching to protect the ball. Yea everybody has some but five is too many. I just think that's an excuse. As far as my football credentials, I won't give them to you and make you feel bad. As I've said before if Mullen stays, and I think he will, I'll pull for State to win every game.

vCash
    Look guys, I didn't know I was starting such a firestorm, but they did break long runs against us no matter what the yards per carry was. As for the turnovers, a lot of that is coaching to protect the ball. Yea everybody has some but five is too many. I just think that's an excuse. As far as my football credentials, I won't give them to you and make you feel bad. As I've said before if Mullen stays, and I think he will, I'll pull for State to win every game.
    If we have had problems fumbling the ball during the season, I would agree that either the players are not getting or coaches are not emphasizing it enough. But we are one of the best in the nation protecting the ball. We were tied for 5th in the nation prior to last night. That is great coaching and players taking pride. You had a true freshman backup QB play nearly the entire rivalry game. That was not bad coaching. That was bad circumstance

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 7dawg View Post
    Steve was told this earlier in the week, yet held on to it until today. He didn't post it minutes prior to the game. Just because your info is correct doesn't make you right.

I don't post a lot, but read this site every day. Probably
    too much. I rather enjoy your insight and your pun towards UM. You crossed the line with that post yesterday. That is just something you don't do. You represented the epitome of us being our worst enemy. Yeah, it didn't affect the game, but it sure affected this board and this set of fans.

This

vCash
    Keytaon will get better holding onto the ball, but he needs some help and Thursday night was a tough introduction for him into MSU FB. He will get time under Center between now and whatever Bowl Game we get. Hopefully it will be someone he can perform well against. IN a way, having a lower tier game will help him a lot, because it will be a lot less pressure than a NY day game. After OM, we need a game we can win to settle everyone back down.

Let those who live to criticize do their thing. We will get a bowl and hopefully do just fine in it.

Oh - And Dan Stays in Starkville. And his staff stays with more $$ security next year than they had this year. Things will be just fine.