Steve Robertson 69346 posts
2 hours ago
via Mobile
VIP
I was told earlier this week that Tennessee had requested permission to speak with Mullen. I understand that Tennessee was told that Dan would not be available for any interviews until after the game.
I'm told today that Mullen will speak with Tennessee today. In fact, as I understand it they will fly down and pick him up for that chat.
My understanding is that it is not a done deal and that Mullen has been receptive to talk of an extension, more money for Grantham and assistants.
He has a decision to make and I'm told it won't take him long.
I have been informed that In the event that State has to hire a new football coach that it would take place very quickly as in possibly ten days or so.
While steps have been taken to retain Mullen, all of the eggs aren't all in Dan's basket. I'm told the MSU administration has already had some feelers out and that they have already been vetting potential candidates.
Some names I've heard mentioned are Neal Brown at Troy, Mike Norvell at Memphis, Bill Clark at UAB, Brent Venables at Clemson, Barry Odom at Missouri and Jeremy Pruitt at Alabama among others.
Mullen said in post game that he planned to be here next year. I'm told he's happy with the direction of the program, but feels he owes it to himself and his family to get the best deal possible wether that be here or elsewhere
I can assure you John Cohen and Dr Keenum are bring proactive on both fronts. It should be an interesting week no matter how it turns out.

Same shit I said last night. You're welcome and thank you for reading Elitedawgs