Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rosebowl say

vCash

Rosebowl say

Steve Robertson 69346 posts
    2 hours ago
    via Mobile
    VIP
    I was told earlier this week that Tennessee had requested permission to speak with Mullen. I understand that Tennessee was told that Dan would not be available for any interviews until after the game.
    I'm told today that Mullen will speak with Tennessee today. In fact, as I understand it they will fly down and pick him up for that chat.
    My understanding is that it is not a done deal and that Mullen has been receptive to talk of an extension, more money for Grantham and assistants.
    He has a decision to make and I'm told it won't take him long.
    I have been informed that In the event that State has to hire a new football coach that it would take place very quickly as in possibly ten days or so.
    While steps have been taken to retain Mullen, all of the eggs aren't all in Dan's basket. I'm told the MSU administration has already had some feelers out and that they have already been vetting potential candidates.
    Some names I've heard mentioned are Neal Brown at Troy, Mike Norvell at Memphis, Bill Clark at UAB, Brent Venables at Clemson, Barry Odom at Missouri and Jeremy Pruitt at Alabama among others.
    Mullen said in post game that he planned to be here next year. I'm told he's happy with the direction of the program, but feels he owes it to himself and his family to get the best deal possible wether that be here or elsewhere
    I can assure you John Cohen and Dr Keenum are bring proactive on both fronts. It should be an interesting week no matter how it turns out.

Same shit I said last night. You're welcome and thank you for reading Elitedawgs
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Steve Robertson 69346 posts
    2 hours ago
    via Mobile
    VIP
    I was told earlier this week that Tennessee had requested permission to speak with Mullen. I understand that Tennessee was told that Dan would not be available for any interviews until after the game.
    I'm told today that Mullen will speak with Tennessee today. In fact, as I understand it they will fly down and pick him up for that chat.
    My understanding is that it is not a done deal and that Mullen has been receptive to talk of an extension, more money for Grantham and assistants.
    He has a decision to make and I'm told it won't take him long.
    I have been informed that In the event that State has to hire a new football coach that it would take place very quickly as in possibly ten days or so.
    While steps have been taken to retain Mullen, all of the eggs aren't all in Dan's basket. I'm told the MSU administration has already had some feelers out and that they have already been vetting potential candidates.
    Some names I've heard mentioned are Neal Brown at Troy, Mike Norvell at Memphis, Bill Clark at UAB, Brent Venables at Clemson, Barry Odom at Missouri and Jeremy Pruitt at Alabama among others.
    Mullen said in post game that he planned to be here next year. I'm told he's happy with the direction of the program, but feels he owes it to himself and his family to get the best deal possible wether that be here or elsewhere
    I can assure you John Cohen and Dr Keenum are bring proactive on both fronts. It should be an interesting week no matter how it turns out.

Same shit I said last night. You're welcome and thank you for reading Elitedawgs
    +1

vCash
    Funny, no where does Steve imply last night was Dans last game at MSU.

That’s Kaepernick34’s job

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldsleeve Jr. View Post

upvote

vCash

and I locked that thread when I got a 2nd opinion then updated after the game. You're welcome

vCash
    Jimmy Sexton is an excellent negotiator on getting clients (HCs') more money from their current employer (university) by the interview process at another big name school (TN) even if the client (HC) does not have much interest in leaving his current job
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 11-24-2017 at 12:47 PM.

vCash
    Something is going on. The announcers were talking nonstop about this last night during the game and saying the same thing, even saying something could happen quick.

I thought it was unusual they would be talking that much about it at the end of the game, it was like they new something.

Ive said it before, I?m fine if he stays or goes. I fully understand that it?s in some coaches dna to want the challenge of the build.

Dan has turned our football program into a top tier sec job. We?ll have no problem finding a great coach to fill his spot. He has framed the house and a new coach may be what we need to finish it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Jimmy Sexton is an excellent negotiator on getting clients (HC's) more money from their current employer (university) by the interview process at another big name school (TN) even if the client (HC) does not have much interest in leaving their current job
    This

Banned
    vCash
    I trust the admins to make a good hire if we need it.

vCash

Outstanding!!!!! That's his new name!!!!

vCash
    Steve was told this earlier in the week, yet held on to it until today. He didn't post it minutes prior to the game. Just because your info is correct doesn't make you right.

I don't post a lot, but read this site every day. Probably
    too much. I rather enjoy your insight and your pun towards UM. You crossed the line with that post yesterday. That is just something you don't do. You represented the epitome of us being our worst enemy. Yeah, it didn't affect the game, but it sure affected this board and this set of fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Jimmy Sexton is an excellent negotiator on getting clients (HCs') more money from their current employer (university) by the interview process at another big name school (TN) even if the client (HC) does not have much interest in leaving their current job
    No doubt. Mullen doesnt really want to leave in my opinion- but Tenn is throwing a ridiculous amount of money at him- so he obviously is going to listen. Thats why he is meeting with them. Anybody would

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 7dawg View Post
    Steve was told this earlier in the week, yet held on to it until today. He didn't post it minutes prior to the game. Just because your info is correct doesn't make you right.

I don't post a lot, but read this site every day. Probably
    too much. I rather enjoy your insight and your pun towards UM. You crossed the line with that post yesterday. That is just something you don't do. You represented the epitome of us being our worst enemy. Yeah, it didn't affect the game, but it sure affected this board and this set of fans.
    I heard it earlier in the week- I leaked it last night because it began to look like he was leaving. Then I updated after the game. I'll update you again when I hear a decision. Thank you for reading.

vCash
    Thanks @$$hole34!!!! You’re the best!
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    I trust the admins to make a good hire if we need it.
    Same here. If they pay him 7 million then I don't blame him for going. But we are in outstanding shape right now with an AD that I totally trust to bring in someone that knows what it will take to keep it going. I'm not worried about this whatsoever.
    Last edited by gtowndawg; 11-24-2017 at 12:58 PM.

vCash
    and I locked that thread when I got a 2nd opinion then updated after the game. You're welcome
    You are too thin skinned. It is not about the info, it is about the poor timing of your post. Steve waited to release what he knew until the next morning when he had the facts. You jumped jumped on it 45 mins before the biggest game of the year for some reason. Bad call, own it and move on.

vCash
    Funny Dan is in front of Walmart ring the salvation army bells.

Just checked the flight plans from knoxville. Don't see any coming this was as of now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldsleeve Jr View Post
    Did Steve imply it was a done deal like you did? Did he do it right before kickoff? Has Steve pumped idiotic names to replace Dan such as Jim Mora and Mark Hudspeth for the last 6 years? Did Steve want to fire Dan last year with the double secret trust fund?
    Literally nothing you posted pertains to me

So, you are a liar? LOL Thanks Kaep34!
    Last edited by Coldsleeve Jr.; 11-24-2017 at 01:00 PM.

vCash
    No doubt. Mullen doesnt really want to leave in my opinion- but Tenn is throwing a ridiculous amount of money at him- so he obviously is going to listen. Thats why he is meeting with them. Anybody would

I agree. It gets down to which situation Mullen thinks is best for him and his family, and Megan agrees with.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 11-24-2017 at 01:03 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    I don’t want Dan to leave because he’s comfortable. You know what he can do and what he can’t do, but that could also be a problem. I want a coach that’s ticked and young and ready to win so badly that he devotes all of his time and energy to that end. I want Mullen in 2009-2010. That’s what I want because that’s what it takes to win here.