Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bruce Feldman on Mullen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    No. Croom was not terrible at everything. He was a terrible HC because of only a couple things he was terrible at an d wouldnt change. Mullen is not a good HC because of a couple things he is terrible at (even worse than Croom) and won't change. Still a much better coach than Croom. Knowing how to run an offense is more important than strategy.
    LOL..........just LOL!

vCash
    The only turn over I see is TBuck. Who would u want to replace him with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    LOL..........just LOL!
    The typical Liver response when he's lost. Always the troll.

vCash
    His strategy is god awful. Over passing goes without saying. No idea how to manage a clock. No idea what 4 down territory means, constantly going for it on 4th and long after throwing on 2nd and 3rd and medium. He's worse at strategy than CROOM. Seriously. Thank god he's a great OC.

ETA: and no idea what it means to get a play off before a questionable previous one can be reviewed. A few games ago he actually called in a new play while players were ready to snap, which led to a review on a turnover. Croom-tastic.
    First half of the first paragraph spent bashing his offensive coordinating ability- then call him a great OC..... I?ll never get some of you people.

vCash
    The typical Liver response when he's lost. Always the troll.
    Boom, there isn't much else to say. Calling Croom better than Mullen at anything to do with offense is just laughable. His offense was why he got fired. Do you even remember how truly awful his offenses were?

vCash
    I'm sorry, but that shitastic 3-2 Auburn game will forever cement Croom as worse than Mullen. Yes Mullen has his weaknesses, but no where close to Croom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    First half of the first paragraph spent bashing his offensive coordinating ability- then call him a great OC..... I?ll never get some of you people.
    No. The OC calls plays. The HC determines strategy. Mullen is great at play calling, but terrible at strategy.

vCash
    Boom, there isn't much else to say. Calling Croom better than Mullen at anything to do with offense is just laughable. His offense was why he got fired. Do you even remember how truly awful his offenses were?
    It's not laughable. If you can't see it, I can't help you. Croom had no idea how to run an offense, but at least he knew when to play to his strengths, when field position dictated runs or passes, etc. Not that he was good at that either, but Mullen is worse. Thats the point, that as usual you are completely missing. Croom had his punt at the 30, Mullen makes comparable strategy mistakes multiple times a game. Hes worse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    I'm sorry, but that shitastic 3-2 Auburn game will forever cement Croom as worse than Mullen. Yes Mullen has his weaknesses, but no where close to Croom.
    I dont want to argue which is worse, I'll settle for people accepting Mullen is terrible at strategy.

vCash
    It's not laughable. If you can't see it, I can't help you. Croom had no idea how to run an offense, but at least he knew when to play to his strengths, when field position dictated runs or passes, etc. Not that he was good at that either, but Mullen is worse. Thats the point, that as usual you are completely missing. Croom had his punt at the 30, Mullen makes comparable strategy mistakes multiple times a game. Hes worse.
    No boomer, I totally understand what you are saying. What you are saying is just not correct. It's so not correct that I actually DID laugh out loud when I read it. Croom was totally lost on offense. It was the worst offense I have ever seen at MSU, or most anyplace. Go look at the offensive stats last night, they were damn good, except for one. That was turnovers. Field postion dictating play calling, if that's what you want and want to call it strategy, that was also what got Croom fired. It was one of the major reasons his offense sucked.

vCash
    No boomer, I totally understand what you are saying. What you are saying is just not correct. It's so not correct that I actually DID laugh out loud when I read it. Croom was totally lost on offense. It was the worst offense I have ever seen at MSU, or most anyplace. Go look at the offensive stats last night, they were damn good, except for one. That was turnovers. Field postion dictating play calling, if that's what you want and want to call it strategy, that was also what got Croom fired. It was one of the major reasons his offense sucked.
    You don't have a clue. You don't even understand the difference between play calling and strategy. Play calling is knowing how to call runs and passes for a ton of yards, knowing how to call the right passing play after you've run easily for 2 first downs. Strategy is knowing when you don't have to, and should run it all the way down the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Time to hire an up-and-comer at wr coach that can recruit. I like the rest of the staff
    BINGO! We need a passing game coordinator with some creativity.

vCash
    You don't have a clue. You don't even understand the difference between play calling and strategy. Play calling is knowing how to call runs and passes for a ton of yards, knowing how to call the right passing play after you've run easily for 2 first downs. Strategy is knowing when you don't have to, and should run it all the way down the field.
    Yes I do boomer, Croom sucked at both, BAD. It's why he got fired.

vCash
    Yes I do boomer, Croom sucked at both, BAD. It's why he got fired.
    Croom wasn't good at strategy, but Mullen is worse. Mullen is such a good play caller though that sometimes it masks it. Unless you know what you are seeing. Sorry that you dont, but not surprised.

In other words, Mullen has the play calling smarts to know how to pass the ball, but not the strategic wisdom to know when not to. Crrom had a little more wisdom, but no offensive smarts to know what to do with it.

vCash
    Croom wasn't good at strategy, but Mullen is worse. Mullen is such a good play caller though that sometimes it masks it. Unless you know what you are seeing. Sorry that you dont, but not surprised.

In other words, Mullen has the play calling smarts to know how to pass the ball, but not the strategic wisdom to know when not to. Crrom had a little more wisdom, but no offensive smarts to know what to do with it.
    Croom was WAY worse at all of it boomer. He was terrible. This is really funny!

vCash
    Croom was WAY worse at all of it boomer. He was terrible. This is really funny!
    Ah, so it's just over your head. Got it.

vCash
    i love lamp