Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Feldman on Mullen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    Play calling is not the problem. Mullen is great at that. It's overall strategy that he sucks at. He needs someone helping him with game strategy, including game planning and when to call pass plays. But really that's the job of a HC. He's a great OC and bad HC. Accept it.
    His strategy is fine. His recruiting in the past has been the main issue. That has gotten better but it takes a little bit of time for players to grow and in some cases arrive on campus.

vCash
    I’m going to wait until this over to say “told you so” but I’m going to enjoy it when it happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Time to hire an up-and-comer at wr coach that can recruit. I like the rest of the staff
    We have the top JUCO prospect and an UA All-American committed at the WR position right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I’m going to wait until this over to say “told you so” but I’m going to enjoy it when it happens.
    What is your take?

vCash
    That's good news. I'm assuming that you think Dan is staying?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We have the top JUCO prospect and an UA All-American committed at the WR position right now.
    Yep. Still would like to upgrade gonzo

vCash
    His strategy is fine. His recruiting in the past has been the main issue. That has gotten better but it takes a little bit of time for players to grow and in some cases arrive on campus.
    His strategy is god awful. Over passing goes without saying. No idea how to manage a clock. No idea what 4 down territory means, constantly going for it on 4th and long after throwing on 2nd and 3rd and medium. He's worse at strategy than CROOM. Seriously. Thank god he's a great OC.

ETA: and no idea what it means to get a play off before a questionable previous one can be reviewed. A few games ago he actually called in a new play while players were ready to snap, which led to a review on a turnover. Croom-tastic.
    Last edited by BoomBoom; 11-24-2017 at 01:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    If and when Mullen leaves it won't be for $$$
    Waste of time saying this. Nobody believes it. You are right but nobody is listening.

vCash
    That's good news. I'm assuming that you think Dan is staying?
    Posted in one of the 100 threads last night that he will be between 5.5-6 million and Grantham will be comfortably over $1M next year. And that I was told fairly bluntly that he’s not going to UT.

vCash
    The staff part is key. We have to keep grantham.
    Agree and we need to also pay our assitant coaches more, especially the newest hires.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    I think we will end up keeping Mullen. I think Cohen needs to add a huge buyout to this contract though. We need to put a stop to these shitty rumors everytime a HC position opens up. He has basically lost 3/4 Egg Bowls due to these rumors and shopping himself around. You want stability? It starts with Mullen and him not shopping himself around everytime he has a good season. Commitment is a two way street and I?m tired (as a fan and alum of the school) of hearing this shit. Hell, Jackie Sherrill was a better coach then Mullen and we didn?t hear this much shit every year and he was even offered NFL gigs. It?s ridiculous.

Different day and time than when Jackie was here. As long as Sexton is Mullen's agent and Mullen's name is a hot commodity. you had a better put on your seat belt for a bumpy ride.

vCash
    His strategy is god awful. Over passing goes without saying. No idea how to manage a clock. No idea what 4 down territory means, constantly going for it on 4th and long after throwing on 2nd and 3rd and medium. He's worse at strategy than CROOM. Seriously. Thank god he's a great OC.

ETA: and no idea what it means to get a play off before a questionable previous one can be reviewed. A few games ago he actually called in a new play while players were ready to snap, which led to a review on a turnover. Croom-tastic.
    Worse than Croom....yeah you know what you are talking about. LOL

vCash
    Thanks again for putting some perspective on this. We aren?t poor ol mstate anymore. We have the right admin, AD and money to do whatever it takes to keep Dan and staff here.

vCash
    Time to hire an up-and-comer at wr coach that can recruit. I like the rest of the staff

As long as Gonzo wants be in that position, I can't see that happening under Mullen unless something earth shattering happened.

vCash
    Posted in one of the 100 threads last night that he will be between 5.5-6 million and Grantham will be comfortably over $1M next year. And that I was told fairly bluntly that he’s not going to UT.

Sounds good......... I like the comment about the "in one of the 100 threads". Typical for ED this time of year.

vCash

I agree he needs to manage down and distance in the passing game. Not sure how much of that is the QB taking a risk when he has a better option on a shorter pass.

Disagree he is as bad as Croom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Worse than Croom....yeah you know what you are talking about. LOL
    Yes, it's that bad. Croom had no idea how to call an offense, but at least he knew the basics of strategy. Sometimes. Punting from the 30 after going for it earlier excepted, that was Mullen-esque.

vCash
    Yes, it's that bad. Croom had no idea how to call an offense, but at least he knew the basics of strategy. Sometimes. Punting from the 30 after going for it earlier excepted, that was Mullen-esque.
    You lost your credibility when you said he was worse than Croom at anything to do with football. HILARIOUS.

vCash
    I don't know how I feel about but this yet but as the morning progressed I'm starting to lean on the angry side.
    Angry that he is even letting this perceived bidding war tke place. Who else is going to send a plane down in the coming days to scuttle him away ? Naw if he wanted to be here he wouldn't even let recruits think for one second he might not be here. Who's next to swing by next , A&M ? He wants to leave or it wouldn't be all out there like it is.
    His shit needs to waiting on him when he gets back. Take that money we are trying to throw at him staying and buy somebody that is as capable as he is along with a little loyalty. Nobody good is going to stay until somebody good decides to stay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    You lost your credibility when you said he was worse than Croom at anything to do with football. HILARIOUS.
    No. Croom was not terrible at everything. He was a terrible HC because of only a couple things he was terrible at an d wouldnt change. Mullen is not a good HC because of a couple things he is terrible at (even worse than Croom) and won't change. Still a much better coach than Croom. Knowing how to run an offense is more important than strategy.