Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Feldman on Mullen

vCash

Bruce Feldman on Mullen

I'm getting good vibes this morning. I honestly don't believe Mullen desires to leave. At this point I'd be surprised if he did. I really think he is happy here & wants to continue to build.

Last night is completely irrelevant in the grand scheme

vCash
    Yea posted this in the other thread but this is good to hear

vCash
    The staff part is key. We have to keep grantham.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If we keep Mullen but lose Grantham I can't say I will be too excited

vCash
    I think we will end up keeping Mullen. I think Cohen needs to add a huge buyout to this contract though. We need to put a stop to these shitty rumors everytime a HC position opens up. He has basically lost 3/4 Egg Bowls due to these rumors and shopping himself around. You want stability? It starts with Mullen and him not shopping himself around everytime he has a good season. Commitment is a two way street and I’m tired (as a fan and alum of the school) of hearing this shit. Hell, Jackie Sherrill was a better coach then Mullen and we didn’t hear this much shit every year and he was even offered NFL gigs. It’s ridiculous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    If we keep Mullen but lose Grantham I can't say I will be too excited
    Well what if Grantham is the one that other schools are interested in and not Dan?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If we keep Mullen we will keep Grantham. Grantham doesn’t want to go anywhere and he already makes a shit ton as the DC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    If we keep Mullen we will keep Grantham. Grantham doesn’t want to go anywhere and he already makes a shit ton as the DC.
    I wish Mullen would hire an OC and let him call plays.

Mullen is great at building the program and putting things in place to help create sustained success. He's great at tutoring and improving skills. He's not bad at building a game plan. But sheesh, some of his playcalling has me scratching my head at times.

vCash
    Time to hire an up-and-comer at wr coach that can recruit. I like the rest of the staff

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post

Mullen is great at building the program and putting things in place to help create sustained success. He's great at tutoring and improving skills. He's not bad at building a game plan. But sheesh, some of his playcalling has me scratching my head at times.
    Great to hear and have media saying.

I disagree with the OC thing. We got better when Mullen started calling plays. I don’t want to go back to the Les Koening era.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Mullen is 5-4 against the worst team in the sec west. I'm ok whatever he does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Great to hear and have media saying.

I disagree with the OC thing. We got better when Mullen started calling plays. I don’t want to go back to the Les Koening era.
    The problem was Les Koenning.

Coming out first drive throwing (and throwing a pick) when you know they can't stop your running game is why. You gotta do what you do best. Of course, you have to throw the ball some to keep them honest, but there are ways to do that when you're ahead of the chains. Incomplete passes on first down killed a lot of drives last night.

Senior Member Intramural All-American's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    2 of those losses were to teams that went to New Years 6 bowls. Don’t be an idiot and act like ole miss hasn’t been a dang good football team the last three years. And then this year we only lost due to 5 turnovers.

ETA: and our starting qb broke his leg. We don’t lose if Fitz plays while game.
    Last edited by Intramural All-American; 11-24-2017 at 01:03 PM.

vCash
    Feldman updated it to quote salary increase to $6 million plus raises for staff

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    Feldman updated it to quote salary increase to $6 million plus raises for staff
    If we pay Mullen 6 mil, he may be here 20 years.

How many schools will pay more than that?

vCash
    If and when Mullen leaves it won't be for $$$
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post

Play calling is not the problem. Mullen is great at that. It's overall strategy that he sucks at. He needs someone helping him with game strategy, including game planning and when to call pass plays. But really that's the job of a HC. He's a great OC and bad HC. Accept it.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    This is why we can?t have nice things.

vCash
    I believe we would match the 7 million of we had to and I would be fine with it. That's just how coaching salaries are trending nowadays.

vCash
    Here A new take on this We have never leaked anything out regarding extensions or raises usually we just announce it. Feldman has never had great intel on us he loves him some bearsharks. Could this Be is getting out ahead of the news and our fan base saying hey we tried. Also this sends a message to potential HC we arnt afraid to spend $$