Thread: Sunday Morning QB- We are M-State Edition

vCash

Sunday Morning QB- We are M-State Edition

1. Stupid ****ing decision to defer on the coin toss and give them the ball first. Their offense is always good in the 1st half and the last thing you want to do to start a game is put the opponents best players on the field. I said that all week, at the tailgate, and before we kicked off. Turned out exactly as I expected- a TD for them and a ton of early momentum.

2. 5 passes on the 1st drive was absolutely awful. 1st drive:

Run for 8 yards
    Run for 3 yards
    Incomplete Pass
    Complete Pass +12
    Run for 5
    Run for 10
    Incomplete Pass
    Incomplete Pass
    Interception

4 carries for 26 yards on the opening drive- 6.5 per carry. But we actually threw more passes to go 1/5 for 12 yards and a pick. That right there folks is called shitty playcalling against a shitty defense.

3. Fitz getting hurt was a tough thing to overcome- no doubt. But it took Dan Walsh until under a minute in the half to run a screen to Aeris. Why? Why not give the rookie an easy throw sooner against a very aggressive defense?

4. Simmons blocks another punt and what do we do? Throw that bitch again. Another momentum killing interception because we feel we just have to throw the ball.

5. Thomas is a Sr- you cant fumble on a 20 yard catch. These types of games hinge on your best players- so that's what we got.

6. Defense played ok but too many big plays. Can't let AJ beat you- but we did. We limited their plays, their yardage outside of the handful of big plays, and got after them. But too many big plays was the killer.

7. OM was absolutely making a concerted effort to tackle us in the legs and go low as often as possible.

8. I hate OM

9. Our latest Miss Mississippi is hot

10. I missed the 4th Q. Hyche and I had enough after the Metcalf TD. Couldnt stay and watch anymore. Headed for the car

Hail State
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Some good points. Agree on not taking the KO. Also why throw? But dang, you have a butt hurt attitude. But I understand. I wish we would have gone wildcat with 8 or 22, just to see if we could jam it down their throats.
    Last edited by tcdog70; 11-24-2017 at 01:18 PM.

vCash
    Mullen gonna Mullen

vCash
    I didn?t even realize we deferred until reading this. That was a bad decision. But on fitz int couch was wide open for a td.

vCash
    Is being both the HC and OC too big of a job? There is so much responsibility on the sidelines. Do we need and OC who has time in the game to think about offense?

vCash
    Play action after the punt block was the right call. Receiver was open on the 20, but Key sailed it to the 10.

vCash
    We threw an interception so it definitely wasn’t the correct call. And our guy had a half step at best. Open he was not
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Is Speaks returning next year or does he graduate?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    Is Speaks returning next year or does he graduate?
    Still drawing a check, he’ll be back.

vCash
    Why in the **** did we have JT Gray and Abram inn AJ?
    I had been talking all week about it and Peters or Durr would have been a better option than JT. I think they overthought that one