Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our Defense Stunk Last Night

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Our safeties aren?t getting it done period as a whole. Only one of those big plays I think was solely on the CB.

AJ first we shouldn?t have had gray on him, his second was all on Bryant who had thebcoverage over the top and blew it.

The second big run we didn?t fill the hole with LB or safety. Bryant got clipped a little bit but he was not exactly filling the hole either.

Eroll has looked great at ILB. Leo I think had a very disappointing year.

Have to hope Cole on Landrews can help at safety
    This all day. We line up safeties on slot WR's, ain't happening

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach 57 View Post
    Guys this is NUTS. Shotgun, I normally agree with you but I’m all honesty you are wrong here dude. The defense was put into bad situations time & time again against one of the most explosive offenses in the SEC and they only came away with what they did? Are you serious? Ta’amu is pretty good and he was confused on about 85% of his drop backs. One of them should’ve been a pick 6. I’m disappointed in one thing throughout the game. Peters should’ve defended AJ all night. But it was hard to put a legit corner on AJ as they moved him around a lot on offense and he had matchups on LBs & S’s most of the night that’s why they had the 5 big explosive plays on us. Credit their staff for helping out their QB and the offense with structural play calling & alignments, it really paid dividends for them on O.

If you want to be upset, be upset at the offensive staff for MSU. I get it, Fitz got hurt and nobody would’ve expected that going into the game. But, even after that our offensive staff could’ve simplified the game plan with our passing game to help aide Key...they didn’t. The thing they did, we didn’t do. Their staff helped their backup QB by aiding him in the alignments & play calling....we didn’t. It’s that simple. Be mad at Mullen because anybody who knows football knows how to annihilate a hard charging DL & defensive front that loads the box...screens & draws. We didn’t do that to help him (Key)! And don’t tell me it’s not in our offense because he did it with Relf. That’s how Relf used to beat them! Our kids fought back & played hard, our staff lost this game...plain & simple. We didn’t make the adjustments on offense to help Key, that’s why we lost.

I’m normally not the guy to go after Mullen, and I still think he’s the guy for us. But he’s gotta make in game adjustments better when it comes to situational football. Situational football is when the situations aren’t ideal & you adjust based on the environment & situations. He’s gotta do a better job if he’s going to be a big time coach.
    We threw 1 screen all night, didnt throw many bubbles, key screens, perimeter game, we threw 1 that I can remember on Keys first drive. Mullen didnt put Key in the best position make plays and that is what coaching on gameday is all about. Agreed 100 percent. Credit to Key for getting better as it went along or OM just thought they had it in the bag and let us back in it