Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody gone to check on Dan ...

vCash
    All the rumors certainly affect the program and the players. Can you imagine the effect ifsimilar rumors were being circulated about Saban (there were rumors a few years ago about Texas, and it at least had their fans in an uproar)? Or when Bowden took over Florida State back in the '70s? Remember ... they were everybody's homecoming team before he got there.

vCash
    People are forgetting that we lost our best player early in the game last night. Ole miss' plan worked, and they paralyzed us. This loss isn't on Mullen, the trash from Oxford were able to execute their plan. We were turned into a port town whore last night on our own field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    He is meeting with Tennessee today.

Who knows if he'll take the job. I do feel like it's pretty crappy though for him to tell the young players he is staying only to meet with Tennessee the day after the season ends.
    You gotta meet with someone in order to tell them you're not interested.

So, let's say you're a software engineer, and you are working at Company X, and Company Y says they want to talk to you about coming to work for them and throwing a ton of money your way. Would you listen? You're an idiot if you didn't.

We love Mississippi State because it's who we are, where we're from, how we're raised. To Dan Mullen, it's a job. Nothing wrong with that.

Let the process play out without bitching. In the end I think he probably stays because this is a better job than Tennessee.

vCash

vCash
    Not sure if anyone saw this and I don?t know how to posts a pic but supposedly flight aware shows the UT plane making a stop at the Starkville airport last week. That?s UT being a straight dick to us because they can turn off their location tracker so it doesn?t show up on flight aware.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I want nothing more than to keep Mullen, but I do not want to handcuff our program by overpaying. I have no idea what our financials look like; but if 7 million is pushing it, I would not pay it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaggardDawg View Post
    Not sure if anyone saw this and I don?t know how to posts a pic but supposedly flight aware shows the UT plane making a stop at the Starkville airport last week. That?s UT being a straight dick to us because they can turn off their location tracker so it doesn?t show up on flight aware.
    It was somebody trolling. Over the course of a couple of hours, it showed their plane going to visit Mullen, Gruden, Fuente, and Kelly.

vCash
    The loss last night has revitalized the insecure portion of our fan base. I finally felt like we were overcoming that group and/or telling them to shut up. Now we're back to wallowing in insecurity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    It was somebody trolling. Over the course of a couple of hours, it showed their plane going to visit Mullen, Gruden, Fuente, and Kelly.
    Gotcha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    But you still have to file a flight plan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    But you still have to file a flight plan.
    The Tenn sites confirmed that someone trolled with the flight plans. It had the plane going to several spots in a few hours time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I want nothing more than to keep Mullen, but I do not want to handcuff our program by overpaying. I have no idea what our financials look like; but if 7 million is pushing it, I would not pay it
    We can't let him leave over money. We just can't.

Banned
    vCash
    Seems like every time we have a solid season and the Dan to ______ rumors start circulating, we lay an egg at thanksgiving .

This is getting old. The emotional state of the head coach is paramount for a college football team. The head coach has to be 100% focused. Seems like he can only coach the egg bowl when he's not thinking about interview tactics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Seems like every time we have a solid season and the Dan to ______ rumors start circulating, we lay an egg at thanksgiving .

This is getting old. The emotional state of the head coach is paramount for a college football team. The head coach has to be 100% focused. Seems like he can only coach the egg bowl when he's not thinking about interview tactics.
    I?m not calling you out individually but just a blanket comment towards this thread. How the HELL can anyone in their right mind blame yesterdays loss on Dan? 5 turnovers and watching your leader have his leg exploded in the 1st quarter, yet this team fought to the last minute. If players or coaches read this board why the hell would they want to play/fight for this university? Those guys left it all on the field last night against the dirtiest program in college football and that includes the coaching staff. I hope you guys went Black Friday shopping and bought tampons in bulk. Nothing like MSU fans to crumble against adversity. Get behind Dan, get behind KT, and get behind this team. We have a bowl game to win.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    I?m not calling you out individually but just a blanket comment towards this thread. How the HELL can anyone in their right mind blame yesterdays loss on Dan? 5 turnovers and watching your leader have his leg exploded in the 1st quarter, yet this team fought to the last minute. If players or coaches read this board why the hell would they want to play/fight for this university? Those guys left it all on the field last night against the dirtiest program in college football and that includes the coaching staff. I hope you guys went Black Friday shopping and bought tampons in bulk. Nothing like MSU fans to crumble against adversity. Get behind Dan, get behind KT, and get behind this team. We have a bowl game to win.
    I explained myself. We don't seemed to have won an egg bowl since the MI gator bowl year when we had a good year.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    He is meeting with TN today or tomorrow. You can take that to the bank. I just hope our money boys are paying attention.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    +1. Trying to put this loss on Mullen is idiotic. There's no justification for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Man you really have it in for Dan. I don't know what you are talking about, looked like he was pulling out all stops to win the game last night. And yes, if Fitz wasn't injured last night we would have won that game like the previous 8 we have won this season, with a game plan Dan Mullen has put together and implemented.
    You mean the gameplan where we threw it 6 times going 1-5 with a pick, on the first two drives after getting 4 rushes for 26 yards?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    +1. Trying to put this loss on Mullen is idiotic. There's no justification for it.
    I think there is justification. He didn't have a plan all year if fitz went down and Matt Luke had his team more fired up to play than Dan did. Matt 17ing Luke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    You mean the gameplan where we threw it 6 times going 1-5 with a pick, on the first two drives after getting 4 rushes for 26 yards?
    The WR was wide open for a TD when Fitz threw the pick but you think it was a bad play call? How bout we say Dan made a stupid call to run Fitz that got him injuried? With only a true freshman back up we should have not run Fitz at all against this team diving low already. That is just as stupid of a statement but the same asinine logic. Same as people in the game thread begging to run it every down with 8-9 men in the box and run blitzing. We could not sustain drives like that. We had short fields that couldn't turn into points. Strip it all away it was pretty simple, you don't win games with 5 turnovers. Period. And they coached and the players fought hard to turn in 21 points in the fourth quarter.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 11-24-2017 at 01:39 PM.