Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turnovers Were Killer BUT....

vCash

Turnovers Were Killer BUT....

Our lack of WR's and Elite DB's keep biting us.

We need a Corey Broomfield, Jon Banks or Fred Smoot.

vCash
    How many big plays did Peters give up? None. He dropped a pick six. Peters has been good all year. We’ve misused him from day one in one way or another.

vCash
    We got killed by a future high first round draft pick. We didnt have anyone that could cover Brown. Other than that not too bad.

vCash

This is why we have to get elite DB's

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Nies Grind Time View Post
    We got killed by a future high first round draft pick. We didnt have anyone that could cover Brown. Other than that not too bad.
    AJ is not the last 5 * WR we'll face.

Our 4 losses, our DB's we're abused. Save Peters

vCash
    Yeah this loss is on Grantham for not adjusting to their deep ball. Our defense let us down this game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    Yeah this loss is on Grantham for not adjusting to their deep ball. Our defense let us down this game
    You can’t be serious. Given the circumstances the defense played very well. You lose your starting QB, turn the ball over 5 times and only let them score 31. Had Fitz been playing we beat them by two scores.

vCash
    Well sometimes it?s on the players as well. On AJ second td we had a safety over the top and Bryant tried to jump the first move on a double move and got burned.

Then on Metcalfs, Durr was right next to him and then didn?t make a play on the ball and missed a tackle.

But that was the story of our season. In the games we lost we did so because we just gave up a ton of explosive plays.

vCash

All 4 losses our DB's were burned...badly

Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Well sometimes it?s on the players as well. On AJ second td we had a safety over the top and Bryant tried to jump the first move on a double move and got burned.

Then on Metcalfs, Durr was right next to him and then didn?t make a play on the ball and missed a tackle.

But that was the story of our season. In the games we lost we did so because we just gave up a ton of explosive plays.
    We gotta get some elite DB's

vCash
    i can agree with that....nobody on our backend is going to sniff the league

vCash
    I don’t understand Peters playing more either. He actually has the size to try to match up with bigger receivers. He could be physical with them off the line and have the height to compete for the jump balls they just throw up. Thought that was a mistake not to use him more.

vCash
    I figured they would score in the 20s and we would score in the 40s. No one figured Fitz knocked out. No one saw 5 turnovers. Given the 5 turnovers holding them to 31 was not bad. With Key fumbling twice only made Me appreciate Fitz and his ability to protect the ball. KEY has talent and will be a good Qb. I think Dan should have let Key throw it over the middle. Sometimes breaks just don't go your way. Peters had a pick six--Torlando had a int-13 had a 9and a half yard recovery. Dan should have kicked the FG on 4 and 3. Players have to make plays, theirs did ours did not---Ball Game. All that bullshit before the game needs to stop. If you are the best team you don't need to do that crap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    I figured they would score in the 20s and we would score in the 40s. No one figured Fitz knocked out. No one saw 5 turnovers. Given the 5 turnovers holding them to 31 was not bad. With Key fumbling twice only made Me appreciate Fitz and his ability to protect the ball. KEY has talent and will be a good Qb. I think Dan should have let Key throw it over the middle. Sometimes breaks just don't go your way. Peters had a pick six--Torlando had a int-13 had a 9and a half yard recovery. Dan should have kicked the FG on 4 and 3. Players have to make plays, theirs did ours did not---Ball Game. All that bullshit before the game needs to stop. If you are the best team you don't need to do that crap.
    I agree 100%

vCash

Exactly, we need to let our play do the talking

Does but incentivize the other team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indndawg View Post
    Doesn't do anything but incentivize the other team
    FIFY.

Can't you just see Saban allowing his guys to do that? SMMFH.

vCash
    I think Dan should have let Key throw it over the middle a lot more during the first 11 games of the season as opposed to always being mop-up duty. Why does it seem every body else's backup QB performs like Joe Montana against us, but ours performs like a 3rd-stringer (i'm talking about the the turnovers from Key last night). I'm a big Key supporter and he eventually settled down, but his turnovers going into the red-zone were brutal. Earlier experience may have helped prevent that.

vCash
    I would have liked to have seen A train or Hill run the wildcat for a series at least when we got in the red zone. Ky finally figured that out and went right down the field.

vCash
    Dan's recruiting sins caught up with him this year. I do think we're going to be better at both next year especially at WR. To me it seems more like the safeties struggle than the corners. I like Peters and Dantzler at CB. Our safeties should be all seniors next year too.

vCash
    Are Cole and landrews gonna be CBs or safeties?

vCash
    I think Cole will be a Safety and may play the JT Gray hybrid role. Laundered I think has been working at CB mostly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Are Cole and landrews gonna be CBs or safeties?
    Yep, but we need corners. Smitherman should have played more. We use a safety to cover the slot which is a matchup nightmare on a spread passing team.