Thread: Key Thompson

vCash

Key Thompson

I'm so freaking proud of that kid. Yes, he struggled. Like any true freshman thrown into the fire would. But he showed guts and never gave up

vCash
    definitely better in the 4th than he was early in the game. He needs a lot of work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I'm so freaking proud of that kid. Yes, he struggled. Like any true freshman thrown into the fire would. But he showed guts and never gave up
    Me too. You couldn't really imagine a harder spot to become THE man for the first time in college. Don't be too hard on him. It took us a long time to shake off the shock of seeing Fitz go down. This team is as much Fitz's team as Dak's were his. The kid is going to be all right.

vCash
    Needs work..... needs receivers too. Ran tough as ****ig nails. Was out rushing Om Himself most of the night despite us not playing great up front. Threw a few strikes and a few duds. I?m excited about him nonetheless. People freaking out like he doesn?t get another year of mop up work and practice to refine his game. He will be a stud.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    Needs work..... needs receivers too. Ran tough as ****ig nails. Was out rushing Om Himself most of the night despite us not playing great up front. Threw a few strikes and a few duds. I?m excited about him nonetheless. People freaking out like he doesn?t get another year of mop up work and practice to refine his game. He will be a stud.
    Good assessment. Agreed.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    He improved as the game went on. He has a lot of work ahead of him in the passing game.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    He, just like fitz, was w out his top 4 receivers. Not many teams overcome that, we did for most of the year. Couldn?t tonight. I?m excited for the kid. He will be hurting tomorrow tho after that game.

vCash
    Mmm, he wasn't good...at all. I'm truly hopeful that he can be great, but honestly he was terrible tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkwgriswald View Post
    Mmm, he wasn't good...at all. I'm truly hopeful that he can be great, but honestly he was terrible tonight.
    Key had 316 yards. Ole Miss as a team had 355.

He wasn't "terrible," but it did take too long to settle in and stop turning the ball over.

vCash
    13-27 for 195 yards 1 TD 1 Int and 121 yards rushing as a true freshman thrown into a rivalry game. The two fumbles hurt bad but he came up big in 4th for us to score 21 points.

vCash
    He had 3 awful, and I mean Awful TOs. He will get better, but he did not earn praise tonight imo

vCash
    I hear you. But the turnovers killed us. 316 yards don't matter with 4 turnovers. But I hear you in terms of optimism for the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    13-27 for 195 yards 1 TD 1 Int and 121 yards rushing as a true freshman thrown into a rivalry game. The two fumbles hurt bad but he came up big in 4th for us to score 21 points.
    Don?t forget, zero ****ing prep to play basically the entire game. None.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    Key had 316 yards. Ole Miss as a team had 355.

He wasn't "terrible," but it did take too long to settle in and stop turning the ball over.
    This! He?s an 18 year old true freshman who acquired himself well. Yeah he made some mistakes but dang there were plenty of signs of brilliance too.

vCash
    I hear you. But the turnovers killed us. 316 yards don't matter with 4 turnovers. But I hear you in terms of optimism for the future.
    Turnovers hurt like hell. I don?t even care about the pick. Jitters and adrenaline and you sail a ball. The first fumble killed us. But he will build on that frame and be able to take that punishment. dude still has braces and ran the ball like a man. I?m proud of his effort and excited about his future. He never looked scared, at least to me.

vCash
    I hear you. "Terrible" was the wrong word to use. I'm just totally bummed out tonight. Key has a great future, tonight was a mixed bag. Damn I hate losing this game.

vCash
    I hear you. "Terrible" was the wrong word to use. I'm just totally bummed out tonight. Key has a great future, tonight was a mixed bag. Damn I hate losing this game.
    Tonight was an uppercut to the dick. Especially since #1 delivered a lot of it.

vCash
    I hope the few critics that said Fotz should be moved to TE will stop now.

And Key will be a stud. I never saw Fitz at the same stage but I image Key is ahead of him as a passer at the same stage in his career.