Thread: Believe the whole game would have changed if Peters had held onto the pick 6...

vCash

Believe the whole game would have changed if Peters had held onto the pick 6...

but it didn't happen. Did everything wrong tonight with turnovers and giving up huge plays in the passing game or we would have won even without Fitz.

vCash
    Wasn't peters. That was tolando

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Yep. Turn the ball over 2 times and we win by 14. Key is going to be something at the bowl game. It may be the liberty bowl, but I am looking for him to make a big stride with some of the young receivers.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    That was #2 Peters
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    About 30 things had to go the way they did to lose. Primarily losing Fitz. Sucks.

vCash
    End of the day, our team fought hard to come back. Terrible coverage at times, terrible lazy blocking at times, but they fought. Hats off to UM and their game. They brought the lumber and won.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I don?t like making excuses you either win or you don?t. I also know if Fitz doesn?t go down we roll them again. 500 yards 300 rushing with a freshman qb and 5 tos. It is what it is but they knew if they took nick out we would be demoralized. I hate them even more now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    Wasn't peters. That was tolando
    It was Peters

vCash
    So you?re saying that since we lost by 3 that if Peters would have held onto a pick 6 we would have won..... good math

Banned
    vCash
    Could have changed due to about 10 things. We played as bad as you could play.

vCash
    Both Cleveland and Peters got their hands on passes. Neither reeled it in for the interception. The story of the season.... at least in big games. We have no playmakers in the secondary or at WR. No home run hitters
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 11-23-2017 at 11:50 PM.

vCash
    hard to fault Tolando for his, that ball was behind him and sinking. But Peters had a great shot a pick six.

For me though the game turned we we had the ball at their 20 and we fumbled on 3rd and 4 early in the 3Q. We easily cut the game to at least 1 there. Instead they get it and throw the bomb to AJ and instead of 10-9, it's 14-6....then we have the thomas fumble, the dropped pick six, etc, etc. We just couldn't get anything to go right for most of the night.

vCash
    This secondary has had problems for years now and i think it comes back to the fact that our safeties are just terrible in pass coverage. Bryant and Mac get beat on double moves a ton and rarely make a big play on a ball in the air. I know McL had the pick late but that was a really bad throw.

We've got to find some safeties with some coverage skills. I really think mcL is a better linebacker but we'll see.

vCash
    Not me, 4th & 3 at the 28, gotta kick the FG there. Peters pic was gravy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    This secondary has had problems for years now and i think it comes back to the fact that our safeties are just terrible in pass coverage. Bryant and Mac get beat on double moves a ton and rarely make a big play on a ball in the air. I know McL had the pick late but that was a really bad throw.

We've got to find some safeties with some coverage skills. I really think mcL is a better linebacker but we'll see.
    OMs first pass of the game should have been an interception. The safety was there in plenty of time but he never looks up
    For the ball.

vCash
    Both were in position which is a lot more than I can say for others. Blaming someone for making a great play but not finishingnit doesn’t make sense to me. How about the guys that gave up huge TD throws? Missed tackles? Missed assignments? Dirty play? Terrible pass interference calls all night (they weren’t bad, they just didn’t go both ways)? The 5 turnovers? Grabbing the insides kick 1 foot too early when there was no one within 4 yards? The other botched onsides kicks? Grantham not going over/Under on AJ all night? Not getting more creative with the blitzes? Calling screen plays that demand excellent timing with a freshman QB? Nonthrowing over the top against a single safety when they’ve got 9 in the box? Having run 50 or so plays in their territory while having 6 points?

I could go one but I’m getting tired. They didn’t win. We lost.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    OMs first pass of the game should have been an interception. The safety was there in plenty of time but he never looks up
    For the ball.
    Yep, I noticed that as well. Abrams was too intent on trying to knock the piss out of him instead of looking up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Both were in position which is a lot more than I can say for others. Blaming someone for making a great play but not finishingnit doesn’t make sense to me. How about the guys that gave up huge TD throws? Missed tackles? Missed assignments? Dirty play? Terrible pass interference calls all night (they weren’t bad, they just didn’t go both ways)? The 5 turnovers? Grabbing the insides kick 1 foot too early when there was no one within 4 yards? The other botched onsides kicks? Grantham not going over/Under on AJ all night? Not getting more creative with the blitzes? Calling screen plays that demand excellent timing with a freshman QB? Nonthrowing over the top against a single safety when they’ve got 9 in the box? Having run 50 or so plays in their territory while having 6 points?

Yep, laundry list of miscues from all parts of the operation and some bad luck. Game kind reminded me of how they beat Bama a few years back. Gonna sting for 12 months though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post

Which makes it more frustrating.