Thread: The book on Mullen.

vCash

The book on Mullen.

Great Offensive coordinator. Good Head Coach, but can't get out of his own way to be great. Pass happy, refuses to win games by running the ball.

The end.

vCash
    Saban is the best coach in America because his background is the defensive secondary...therefore his forte is to make teams one dimensional. Dan knows diddly poo about defense therefore once he falls behind a few scores, his offense is not built to come from behind...even though we almost did tonight with a true freshman. Get the deep balls cleaned up, Mullen. And you might actually win something one day.

vCash
    We ran for like 275 yards despite them absolutely selling out on the run because our true freshman QB looked like shit throwing. What would you have preferred he do?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    We ran for like 275 yards despite them absolutely selling out on the run because our true freshman QB looked like shit throwing. What would you have preferred he do?
    Run it until they stop it. Run it 4 downs in 4 down territory. Very basic strategy. Good god.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    I'd prefer we recruit some receivers if Mullen is determined to throw the ball with running QBs. We finally have a real DC but we lost the AL and OM games primarily because we have no consistent passing game and we do need to be able to throw enough to keep a defense honest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    Run it until they stop it. Run it 4 downs in 4 down territory. Very basic strategy. Good god.
    Lol read the game thread. HE DID RUN IT 4 TIMES IN 4 DOWN TERRITORY. WE GOT STOPPED. people bitching bc he didn?t kick. I really don?t know what y?all want him to do.

vCash
    Mullen is too smart for his own good sometimes. The on side kick coaching was terrible.

He refuses to use his talent properly most of the time. He failed to recruit decent receivers and we’ve paid the price for that.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    We had 3 fumbles in scoring position that's not Mullen's fault.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    Lol read the game thread. HE DID RUN IT 4 TIMES IN 4 DOWN TERRITORY. WE GOT STOPPED. people bitching bc he didn?t kick. I really don?t know what y?all want him to do.
    You read it! See how many times we threw it twice than went for it on 4th and long.

vCash
    What the hell some of you want? 500 yards. We turned it over all night. That ain’t play calling dumbasses. Dropped a couple pick 6. That ain’t play calling. Now covering AJ with a freaking safety? That’s 17ing play calling.

vCash
    You read it! See how many times we threw it twice than went for it on 4th and long.
    I may have selective memory..... but I have no issues with his play calling. Can?t do much about the fumbles, and when key finally connects with his arm we fumble again. Game is on the O line and adidas for making our gloves out of PAM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    What the hell some of you want? 500 yards. We turned it over all night. That ain?t play calling dumbasses. Dropped a couple pick 6. That ain?t play calling. Now covering AJ with a freaking safety? That?s 17ing play calling.
    Should?ve bracketed him all day. I could?ve lived with lodge/metcalf going for 300 each. But not brown. And not bc of recruiting, or payments, i really couldn?t care less about an 18 year old getting what he can. But damn, he?s probably the best receiver they have ever had, best in the SEC, and you don?t double. Can not let him beat you. But he did.

vCash
    We lost our qb on our 2nd series, our next qb was in high school a year ago, we turned the ball over 5 times and got beat by 3. I just don?t think this loss is on Mullen. We just ****ing lost.

vCash
    Mullen can't make our players not fumble. He had some dumb calls though I agree.

vCash
    I agree. I would add. His teams don’t play physical for the most part.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    What the hell some of you want? 500 yards. We turned it over all night. That ain’t play calling dumbasses. Dropped a couple pick 6. That ain’t play calling. Now covering AJ with a freaking safety? That’s 17ing play calling.
    Exactly! Me thinks they?re some folks on here who never played the game.