Thread: Now We Know Why Danny Kanell was Fired by ESPN

vCash

Now We Know Why Danny Kanell was Fired by ESPN

Ok, lets unpack this point by point:

- FIU, Maine, Cincinnati, Navy, SMU, Temple, Memphis, Maryland, East Carolina, Austin Peay, South Florida. How can anyone with a straight face say this?

- According to 247 Sports, MSU has the 25th most talented team in the country & UCF has the 55th most talented team.

- True. UCF does have 0 losses & MSU 3 losses. MSU would be undefeated with UCF's schedule as well.

- Ugh, no. As we've discussed in point #2, the talent levels of these two teams is not close. Additionally, due to Mississippi & JUCO recruits being undervalued, I would say upon the eye test, MSU is much closer to having about the 15th most talent in the country than 25th. i.e. Montez Sweat was a 3*, etc. I MEAN.... MONTEZ SWEAT WAS A 17ING 3*. That's the most egregious misranking, but many others on the roster are slightly underrated, which leads to a cumulative affect, of recruitin ranking just being light on MSU on the whole. Many 88s should've been 90s. Many 84s should've been 88s & so on. It's mostly because MS kids aren't seen as much as kids from GA, FL, AL, TX

I realize that Kanell is hack, but it's stuff like this that forms a ridiculous & inaccurate perception of our program. Search Dan Mullen on twitter if you really want to see how we are viewed. I would argue that MSU has the most inaccurate national perception than any school in the country. How much better would recruiting be if MSU's accurate perception was portrayed?

I like recruiting ranking & consider them somewhat accurate in predicting program & who is the better team, but, as has been proven time & time again, they are simply light on MS kids & JUCO kids & the result of that is everyone thinking that MSU is a garbage place with Bill Belichick 2.0 coaching them.

When you combine with a lazy media that has never been to MSU in the last 10 years, you get a situation where the reality of a school & program is completely different than the perception.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 11-22-2017 at 10:55 AM.

vCash
    This is why I somehow wish we could get UCF in a bowl game this year.

vCash
    Where is Kanell now? I didn't even know the dude still existed lol. He hates the SEC and always seems to hate us because we aren't a blue blood like his beloved "fsu" and how are they doing this season again? He's an idiot and I'm glad his face isn't on the CFP show every week like it used to be. My brother-in-law did his post graduate work at UCF and lives in Orlando. He doesn't attend any games and apparently nobody else does either from the looks of their stadium on game days.

ETA Oh and that's a really brutal schedule UCF has played, how in the world have they managed to navigate it unscathed****
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 11-22-2017 at 10:59 AM.

vCash
    The points in that tweet sounds eerily like the same crap spewed before the 2007 Liberty Bowl. UCF was supposed to rum us off the field. Lulz
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

Banned
    vCash
    Kannell is the heel. That’s just his schtick. But he does actually dislike the SEC. I do too most days.

vCash
    Sagarin says State would be favored over UCF on a neutral field.

vCash
    Jealousy is a stinky cologne, Danny.

vCash
    I can't see ESPN firing anybody for hating MSU. He must have made inappropriate advances to one of his male colleagues.

vCash
    He is the worst. Just hard to explain how bad he is. He has a bad case of little man syndrome against the sec. hard to imagine one so dumb. The schedule is tougher? Just a stop reading there

vCash
    Creates irrelevant controversy to boost success? Sounds familiar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Bingo. That and Orlando is a large market to pander the ?UCF deserves sec membership? ridiculousness.

vCash
    Bammer could blitz North Korea then nuke Russia and Danny would have us +7.5 vs France... in Bryant Denny...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I can't see ESPN firing anybody for hating MSU. He must have made inappropriate advances to one of his male colleagues.
    Has nothing to do with MSU & everything to do with being dumb & ignorant

vCash
    For a few good laughs, here is what the UCF fans think.

https://ucf.forums.rivals.com/thread...-a-joke.56252/

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post

Rep given.

vCash
    He?s not just a hack. He?s a hack that has an agenda.
    Last edited by Reason2succeed; 11-22-2017 at 01:25 PM.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Didn't state just jumped UCF in the CFP

vCash
    He is incompetent. I'm 46 years old. I've never lost a job in my life. The reason is because I produce and get shit done. He lost a job as an NFL QB because he couldn't perform. Then he lost a job at ESPN. Maybe he should focus on being qualified enough and capable enough to hold a steady job.

vCash
    I would happily welcome their delusional fans to the citrus bowl.

vCash
    Lol. Would LOVE to play them in bowl game!!!!