Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorry Gators Kelly is going to UCLA

vCash

Sorry Gators Kelly is going to UCLA

http://www.espn.com/college-football...y-coaching-job

Stricklin might as well call the next name on the list because Kelly will go to UCLA. The Gators are about to get a huge black eye in public perception when they are spurned for UCLA. There will be all types of spinning about how Kelly was afraid of the SEC and wanted another crack at the soft PAC-12.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post

Stricklin might as well call the next name on the list because Kelly will go to UCLA. The Gators are about to get a huge black eye in public perception when they are spurned for UCLA. There will be all types of spinning about how Kelly was afraid of the SEC and wanted another crack at the soft PAC-12.
    If he goes to UCLA it will probably have more to do with the toxic environment they have with the administration and boosters. There is a paycheck that is big enough to deal with that crap but I am not sure that UF will pay high enough for any sane coach to go there. Like Megan said, if they didn't beat someone bad enough, the fans made their lives hell. I have no doubt that McElwaine probably received death threats but it is par for the course for those type of programs. Crazy thing is UF before Spurrier wasn't really any better than MSU.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post

UCLA it is. Less stress and he will be in a familiar recruiting area. Sorry Florida move on to plan B

vCash
    UCLA better be ready to pay Chip 1.5x that they were paying Jim Mora. This, after paying the buyout.

I'm not questioning their ABILITY to pay, just their WILLINGNESS to pay it.

I still think it's crazy, that people are expecting to have the 2010 version of Chip stand behind their podium. A lot of his unique for the time concepts, have proliferated to other programs.

vCash
    I think he’s still going to Florida, just using UCLA as leverage

vCash
    If he chooses UCLA over Florida, it is becoming a trend that the sec is becoming back up plans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 32 Dive View Post
    UCLA better be ready to pay Chip 1.5x that they were paying Jim Mora. This, after paying the buyout.

I'm not questioning their ABILITY to pay, just their WILLINGNESS to pay it.

I still think it's crazy, that people are expecting to have the 2010 version of Chip stand behind their podium. A lot of his unique for the time concepts, have proliferated to other programs.
    With Troy Aikman behind it and the fact that it said they are putting on the "Full Court Press" should tell you they are all in.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    I think he’s still going to Florida, just using UCLA as leverage
    I think the opposite

vCash
    UCLA is a REALLY tough job. They aren’t even the top program in their own town but they think they should be. They are not patient than Florida, but the job itself is not an easy one at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    UCLA is a REALLY tough job. They aren’t even the top program in their own town but they think they should be. They are not patient than Florida, but the job itself is not an easy one at all.
    Would you say it was easier to win the Pac 12 or the SEC? And would a path to the a NC be easier in Pac 12 or SEC?

vCash
    I get that Kelly was very successful as a college head coach but I still don't see why so many people are sure he will be successful wherever he goes. He has only been a head coach for four years so he never played with only his players (you may could argue this since he was OC before HC) and he got the school put on probation and received a show cause during his short tenure. He was a massive failure in the NFL but Saban was too so I guess that is not that telling.
    I don't think Kelly would be very successful in the SEC but he probably would be more likely to be successful in the PAC 12.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If he chooses UCLA over Florida, it is becoming a trend that the sec is becoming back up plans.
    Yup. The Saban effect. He destroyed the conference.

Banned
    vCash
    That’s the exact reason Jimbo ain’t coming here for TAMU. Harder to win at AM than FSU. Nobody wants his mule tied to the SEC tracks when the Crimson express comes roaring along.
    Last edited by Pollodawg; 11-22-2017 at 11:15 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    I get that Kelly was very successful as a college head coach but I still don't see why so many people are sure he will be successful wherever he goes. He has only been a head coach for four years so he never played with only his players (you may could argue this since he was OC before HC) and he got the school put on probation and received a show cause during his short tenure. He was a massive failure in the NFL but Saban was too so I guess that is not that telling.
    I don't think Kelly would be very successful in the SEC but he probably would be more likely to be successful in the PAC 12.
    26-21 at philly with playoff appearance. SF was horrible

vCash
    Ok, so he was a better coach than Saban in the NFL. Ha!

vCash
    Playoff appearance in his first year. The trend on his teams in the NFL was downward and with more control he got the worse he did on the field. Now that doesn't mean he won't be great in college but there is concern. Especially since the was basically handed the keys at Oregon, he didn't build up to that point. He did do a great job keeping it headed in the right direction and add to it but then again you have the show cause that shows you how he added to what Oregon was doing.

vCash
    Florida will set the salary that UCLA will have to pay.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I doubt it's about the job as much as it is about what part of the country he wants to live in. UCLA doesn't have the advantages for recruiting that FLorida has, but he also doesn't have to play LSU, UGA, Miami, and FSU every year plus another SECW team that could be Bama, Auburn, A&M, or us. And he won at Oregon. I know they have Phil Knight and Nike behind them, but does that really make Oregon any easier to win at than UCLA?

Seems like the jobs are close enough that which city he wants to live in would play a major role.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Playoff appearance in his first year. The trend on his teams in the NFL was downward and with more control he got the worse he did on the field. Now that doesn't mean he won't be great in college but there is concern. Especially since the was basically handed the keys at Oregon, he didn't build up to that point. He did do a great job keeping it headed in the right direction and add to it but then again you have the show cause that shows you how he added to what Oregon was doing.
    Same record in year 2 as year 1. Maybe he sucked as an NFL GM/HC, but I think he is a good HC on either level

vCash
    As a general rule, fat people lack the discipline to be hyper-successful.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.