Thread: One of the biggest mistakes many of us make

vCash

One of the biggest mistakes many of us make

regarding coaching openings and our CDM is the way we rationalize the reason for him to leave.....It is a flawed but common mistake to project our priorities and the evaluations of other programs onto Coach Mullen.....He is his own man with his own set of goals and priorities.....Just because you or I think the grass is greener somewhere else has no bearing on his decision.

Banned
    vCash
    delete

vCash
    This is true. I remember everyone thinking Peyton Manning was an idiot for returning to school as a senior. What type of idiot passes on big NFL bucks? Everybody just assumed he had the same goals, priorities, that they would.

We really don't know what is in Dan's head. Is it family life, money, accomplishments? Does he like the southern weather better than the north? Do his kids like this area? Everybody just assumes each coach wants a bigger paycheck and a better chance to win. It's not true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oldjoedawg View Post
    regarding coaching openings and our CDM is the way we rationalize the reason for him to leave.....It is a flawed but common mistake to project our priorities and the evaluations of other programs onto Coach Mullen.....He is his own man with his own set of goals and priorities.....Just because you or I think the grass is greener somewhere else has no bearing on his decision.
    Mullen said the exact same thing last week.

vCash
    MONEY ISN'T EVERYRHING!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    MONEY ISN'T EVERYRHING!!!!!
    It’s Everything!!!***

I agree. Most of these fanbases are beyond irrational and would actually limit his earning potential in the long haul. He has made around $25-30M while coach at State. The way things are going he could easily bank another $25-30M in the next few years. He now has a well paid staff, great facilities, almost full control of the program, and reasonable expectations. His wife and kids are happy. His in-laws just moved to Starkville (which keeps his wife happy). Every year he gets a shot at Alabama which is a ticket into the playoff. If he leaves it will be much more than money.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    At UF, TAMU, or UT Mullen would have been gone after the 2012 season, hands down, if not after 2011. He wouldn't be given time to build. I don't think that's lost on him.

Even if we give him the benefit of the doubt due to the mysterious apples and oranges factor know as "talent," and give him an additional win each season including presumably winning some minor bowl in 2009 we get:

2009... 7-6
    2010... 10-3
    2011... 8-5
    2012... 9-4

Conclusion: Nope, still doesn't get you another season.
    Last edited by BulldogBear; 11-22-2017 at 10:30 AM.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    I know it's the Egg Bowl and watched live in person 18 times. But honestly I'm not all that worried unless we come out and throw three incomplete passes on our first posession. I think Mullen and our team are more motivated to leave no doubt in this game than I have ever seen in a State team since I first fell in love with Bulldog football at age 7 in Mississippi Memorial Stadium with a 24-21 win over Auburn in 1980. And probably for a while. This is the year UMiss needs a lesson. I'm picking State by 35+ points. If it's 21-14 at the half it will end 49-14.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!