Thread: Let's See What Stick's to the Wall This Week

vCash

Let's See What Stick's to the Wall This Week

Mullen was awful loose at his PC this week, just like last week. Does that mean anything? No idea, but I like pissy Mullen on game week better. Kinda like Brandon Walker liking Fat Dan better than Marathon Dan.

If we win the toss I'm usually a huge defer guy. Not this game. OM seems to always score and score quick on their opening drive. Take the ball and pound that ass for about 5 minutes and punch it in. As an old Air Raid coach, what I hated most was my guys sitting there watching another team with the ball. Let's start off 7-0 ahead. Not 7-0 behind.

I'd bracket Brown and Metcalf, no matter where they line up and man up on the others. Make those others beat me.

And on 3rd and 4 or more, damn sure cover those 2, because I've seen almost every snap they have played this year. I'd rather Knox have to try to beat us than those 2.

Might as well get ready for every trick play and gimmick ever run in a game. And a bunch of going for it on 4th. What do they have to lose?

Keep the Hawaiian in the pocket. Can't let him extend plays.

As against any Air Raid, we have to tackle in the open field, that is the true way to stop it.

I've seen every Egg Bowl since 1974. I've seen kicks blown back, refs make up calls, a probation ravaged team line up and cram it down our throats, 2 white POS beat us on a final drive and a 2 pt conversion, a Bucked Toothed HS coach with Yellow Fever win a game in his first year by getting his under talented team to play with their hair on fire, a crippled QB with no WR's throw all night to the only weapon he had, and that State wouldn't take away, beat the best team we have ever had.

So you are right I'm concerned. They can score, they have nothing to lose, and their coach would rather win this game than have orgy with Kate Upton and the rest of the SI swim suit models.

We have to run Fitz 15-20 times on non scrambles. A true Relf offense is all we should do. (True Relf Offense was 3-0 in Egg Bowls)

We have to run Fitz 15-20 times on non scrambles. A true Relf offense is all we should do. (True Relf Offense was 3-0 in Egg Bowls)

And did I say....... We have to run Fitz 15-20 times on non scrambles. A true Relf offense is all we should do. (True Relf Offense was 3-0 in Egg Bowls) ?

And once and for all I'd rather beat those bastards than have the orgy with Kate and her buddies myself.

I don't dislike em, I don't detest em, I don't loathe em...... I f**king hate em.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Run the ball, control the clock, pound that ass on offense. On defense, the front 7 controls the run, and Sweat and Green get after the QB in the passing game.

I want 38 minutes or more in time of possession.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    We have to run the option and run play action off of that. That is when this offense is clicking. Run the option early and once we get a little drive going pop them with the play that Todd scored on Or the play Malik Dear scored on last year or the drag route that we like to run off of the read.

vCash
    Ohhhhh God. Imagine the nerve of coach Mullen enjoying the moment and his job. Slow day for these type of threads.

vCash
    They?ve got a big matchup problem with Rawlings on Simmons and Taylor on Sweat, Green, Spencer or whoever we put on him. AM absolutely abused Rawlings and Taylor. I have no doubt they come out fired up but when we punch them in the mouth that wipes out that initial emotion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Ohhhhh God. Imagine the nerve of coach Mullen enjoying the moment and his job. Slow day for these type of threads.
    Yeah generally the bitching is because he?s to tight for big games.

vCash
    I understand anything can happen, and I am not guaranteeing a win. With that said, lets look at both teams vs the west. Om has played 2 of their sec west road games and lost by a combined 110-26. In their 3 west home games, they are 0-3. Overall vs the west, they are 0-5 and been outscored by a combined score of 219-111.

In our home games, we are 1-1 and outscored our opponents 61-38. In our road games, we are 2-1 and have been outscored 84-73. Overall vs the west, we are 3-2 and have outscored our oppponents by a combined 134-122.

We have given up almost 100 points less and scored 23 more points than the greatest show on turf.
    Last edited by msstate7; 11-21-2017 at 10:37 PM.

vCash
    As for our defense. I want to see, basketball on grass, Nolan Richardson style.

x minutes of H...!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Mullen was awful loose at his PC this week, just like last week. Does that mean anything? No idea, but I like pissy Mullen on game week better. Kinda like Brandon Walker liking Fat Dan better than Marathon Dan.

If we win the toss I'm usually a huge defer guy. Not this game. OM seems to always score and score quick on their opening drive. Take the ball and pound that ass for about 5 minutes and punch it in. As an old Air Raid coach, what I hated most was my guys sitting there watching another team with the ball. Let's start off 7-0 ahead. Not 7-0 behind.

I'd bracket Brown and Metcalf, no matter where they line up and man up on the others. Make those others beat me.

And on 3rd and 4 or more, damn sure cover those 2, because I've seen almost every snap they have played this year. I'd rather Knox have to try to beat us than those 2.

Might as well get ready for every trick play and gimmick ever run in a game. And a bunch of going for it on 4th. What do they have to lose?

As against any Air Raid, we have to tackle in the open field, that is the true way to stop it.

I've seen every Egg Bowl since 1974. I've seen kicks blown back, refs make up calls, a probation ravaged team line up and cram it down our throats, 2 white POS beat us on a final drive and a 2 pt conversion, a Bucked Toothed HS coach with Yellow Fever win a game in his first year by getting his under talented team to play with their hair on fire, a crippled QB with no WR's throw all night to the only weapon he had, and that State wouldn't take away, beat the best team we have ever had.

So you are right I'm concerned. They can score, they have nothing to lose, and their coach would rather win this game than have orgy with Kate Upton and the rest of the SI swim suit models.

And did I say....... We have to run Fitz 15-20 times on non scrambles. A true Relf offense is all we should do. (True Relf Offense was 3-0 in Egg Bowls) ?

And once and for all I'd rather beat those bastards than have the orgy with Kate and her buddies myself.

I don't dislike em, I don't detest em, I don't loathe em...... I f**king hate em.
    I quit reading when you said you wanted us to bracket 2 receivers all over the field. How in the hell do you defend the rest of the field? There isn't one. That's an off coordinators dream.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I understand anything can happen, and I am not guaranteeing a win. With that said, lets look at both teams vs the west. Om has played 2 of their sec west road games and lost by a combined 110-26. In their 3 west home games, they are 0-3. Overall vs the west, they are 0-5 and been outscored by a combined score of 219-111.

In our home games, we are 1-1 and outscored our opponents 61-38. In our road games, we are 2-1 and have been outscored 84-73. Overall vs the west, we are 3-2 and have outscored our oppponents by a combined 134-122.

We have given up almost 100 points less and scored 23 more points than the greatest show on turf.
    It's an egg bowl if it wasn't we would dust them, and still might,but all bets are off. Happened too many times both ways

vCash
    I like taking offense first.

vCash
    Offense first this game. Usually I like defer to double it up.. so to speak. But I agree. Chew 5 or so minutes to begin the game and be up 7-0.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I quit reading when you said you wanted us to bracket 2 receivers all over the field. How in the hell do you defend the rest of the field? There isn't one. That's an off coordinators dream.
    And lodge has caught more balls than metcalf, avgs more yards per catch, and has more TDs

vCash
    by never going man on either one of them.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash

Preach!

vCash
    Right you wan to use two guys on each in a double. If they go 4 wide you are man to man on the rest and have 5 in the box w no safety help over the top. =recipe for disaster. Sounds great in theory, but in reality it doesn't work. As I said, offensive dream.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Offense first this game. Usually I like defer to double it up.. so to speak. But I agree. Chew 5 or so minutes to begin the game and be up 7-0.
    The one thing I can virtually guarantee this game is that we will be on defense first. If we win the toss, that's what Dan always chooses, and if we lose the toss, Ole Miss always chooses to go on offense first.

I personally prefer the deferring to the second half. Say that three times fast.

vCash
    In my best Mike Justice voice....and Simmons sure as hell isn't MRA.

Long nite for Sean.

And 17 dad too.

vCash
    Right you wan to use two guys on each in a double. If they go 4 wide you are man to man on the rest and have 5 in the box w no safety help over the top. =recipe for disaster. Sounds great in theory, but in reality it doesn't work. As I said, offensive dream.
    I'm not gonna argue with you but I will tell you bracket doesn't mean double team.

vCash
    Copy a/m second half D but with our superior personnel. Send more than they can block, Leo to spy, and nickel man