Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Contract extension

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by t45fixer View Post
    Have heard from a good source that the extension with Mullen is in the works and for staff also. Especially D-coordinator .
    True. He's expressed a big raise for Todd. He will get paid too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Based off what?
    It's a better ****ing job and only an idiot wouldnt take it
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    True. He's expressed a big raise for Todd. He will get paid too.
    As well they should. They?ve earned it this year. Now here?s to hoping we finish with 2 more wins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    It's a better ****ing job and only an idiot wouldnt take it
    And you desperately want him to. I don't think he cares about your opinion, or mine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I don't think so. I think Mullen meant what he said when he came here. If he stays here long enough he is going to do it. When he does it will rank as one of the top coaching jobs of all time. I think THAT is what the man wants. We pay him well enough that he is already financially secure, and will be more so even if he stays.
    Mullen also has said many times he believes a coach only has a 10 year window at a school. So do you believe him when he says that?

vCash
    I'm very happy with what I'm hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Not liking what I?m hearing

vCash
    And you desperately want him to. I don't think he cares about your opinion, or mine.
    I'm ok if he leaves- but in no way "desperately" want him to. If you are too dumb to acknowledge the Fla State job is better than ours- then you just need to stop posting because nobody will take you seriously.

vCash
    I?m with you coach. I wouldn?t blame him if he left us for FSU, Bama, ND, OSU, Michigan, Texas and I will throw in TAMU just because I have always said they are a sleeping giant in CFB.....adding USCw

vCash
    Mullen also has said many times he believes a coach only has a 10 year window at a school. So do you believe him when he says that?
    I notice he hasn't been saying that in a long time. Since last year his tune has changed drastically, much to your chagrin.

vCash
    I'm ok if he leaves- but in no way "desperately" want him to. If you are too dumb to acknowledge the Fla State job is better than ours- then you just need to stop posting because nobody will take you seriously.
    It depends on whAt you want. If you want to be the latest guy to win at FSU, then fine. If you can ignore them basically running off Jimbo (IF it happens) within a very few years of his winning it all then fine. If you want to be Bobby Bowden then that ship has already sailed at FSU.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 11-21-2017 at 10:30 PM.

vCash
    It never ceases to amaze me when "our" people start buying into this crap Egg Bowl week. It's like clock work, magnified this year due to the early signing period and the troubles up the road. They own us....still.

Banned
    vCash
    Coach I don't think anyone doesn't think FSU, or TN, A&M, or FL, and others are better jobs, on paper. Money isn't always everything, and yes do those other programs have National Championships and history and such? Sure. But sometimes that's not all the matters to people.

I'm in the medical field and as I was approaching my 10 year anniversary with current company, one of the larger guys, with all the top products and ads and name all over the place offered me a job for a 20-25% pay raise with the possibility for more. But after I thought about it, I felt more at home at the smaller company where the president and VP know me by name and they have been very loyal to me, so I stayed where I was appreciated and important to leading this company to the next level with our new products around the corner.

May be a stupid example but, none of us knows what drives anyone to change jobs, or stay at a job. I know as a manager that the number 1 reason people leave their job, is their manager or direct report. The number 1 reason people stay at their job, their manager or direct report. These salaries for coaches are out of this world and a Guy already making $5-6MM doesn't need or leave for the money. It may be he wants that Natty, but also may not want to deal with the unknown pressures, booster involvement, and other and may just want to stay where the president and VP know him by name and told him they want him to lead their company to the next level.

vCash
    Anyone who says to me “our program is ready to break the bank to get Mullen” is actually saying “our football program is shit and we have to drop huge money to lure someone here because we can”. If TN is such an AMAZING job then why is it taking 10-11 million a year job offers to interest proven coaches?

No, some “blue-bloods” aren’t blue-bloods anymore. The times are changing. A real job offer from a real contender would look much different.

vCash
    It never ceases to amaze me when "our" people start buying into this crap Egg Bowl week. It's like clock work, magnified this year due to the early signing period and the troubles up the road. They own us....still.
    stop making ridiculous statements. Lots of head coaching openings and our Coach is in demand. It beats having Rockey or Croom as our HC. As I have said REPEATEDLY- he doesnt want anybody coaching this State 2018 team but him- BUT it doesnt mean there arent a few schools that could lure him away. Thats just being real and life of a coach. As I also said- he told Tenn to piss off so it will take a really good job to steal him away.

Acknowledging these things do nothing to hurt our school or give out little bro symptoms. Stop the dramatics Bette Midler

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    Coach I don't think anyone doesn't think FSU, or TN, A&M, or FL, and others are better jobs, on paper. Money isn't always everything, and yes do those other programs have National Championships and history and such? Sure. But sometimes that's not all the matters to people.

I'm in the medical field and as I was approaching my 10 year anniversary with current company, one of the larger guys, with all the top products and ads and name all over the place offered me a job for a 20-25% pay raise with the possibility for more. But after I thought about it, I felt more at home at the smaller company where the president and VP know me by name and they have been very loyal to me, so I stayed where I was appreciated and important to leading this company to the next level with our new products around the corner.

May be a stupid example but, none of us knows what drives anyone to change jobs, or stay at a job. I know as a manager that the number 1 reason people leave their job, is their manager or direct report. The number 1 reason people stay at their job, their manager or direct report. These salaries for coaches are out of this world and a Guy already making $5-6MM doesn't need or leave for the money. It may be he wants that Natty, but also may not want to deal with the unknown pressures, booster involvement, and other and may just want to stay where the president and VP know him by name and told him they want him to lead their company to the next level.
    This is what I was saying before. Fans get caught up in tradition more than coaches. This is about relationships as much as it is about anything else. Same as any other job.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Only job that gives me pause is FSU & Mullen wouldn't be at the top of their list.
    This
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    FSU = great job, but I was surprised by some things I learned while on a college visit there w/ my son in August. At that time, they were a Top 5 team less than 10 days away from playing Bama. There was a lot of chatter around challenging for the national championship. Despite this, they were actively still trying to sell out their Club seats for both the season and individual games. Their top 2 home games, Clemson and Louisville, we're both still widely available. I was stunned by this given our club seats are consistently hard sellouts as season tickets. I've got some well connected Gator friends that were not at all surprised by that news and stated that the big dollar booster support is not nearly as strong at FSU as you would expect for a program of its caliber.

vCash
    Can someone please explain to me why Tallahassee and FSU are so irresistible to Mullen?

vCash
    stop making ridiculous statements. Lots of head coaching openings and our Coach is in demand. It beats having Rockey or Croom as our HC. As I have said REPEATEDLY- he doesnt want anybody coaching this State 2018 team but him- BUT it doesnt mean there arent a few schools that could lure him away. Thats just being real and life of a coach. As I also said- he told Tenn to piss off so it will take a really good job to steal him away.

Acknowledging these things do nothing to hurt our school or give out little bro symptoms. Stop the dramatics Bette Midler
    Little bro symptoms are shopping him for every job that come along, you have been doing that for years. You were saying the same thing about freaking MARYLAND last year. Yo don't know what Mullen wants anymore than I do. I DO listen to what he says. The vibes there this year are the strongest they have ever been. I believe we are a big boy program now and we are going to keep him till he does what he said he was going to do. I believe it CAN be done here, I'm not sure you do.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Listen closely...
    1- Dan WILL NOT LEAVE FOR ANOTHER SEC SCHOOL- SLIVE RULE
    2- Tenn is not paying ANYONE 10mil a year.
    3- FlSt would def be considered by Dan but there are a million things that would have to fall in to place for him to get it. First being Jimbo leaving and that's unlikely.
    4- There are less than 10 teams in college football dan would leave for
    5- C34 is EXACTLY right... Dan really wants to coach the 2018 team and I'll add, he really wants to coach Mayden. Mayden will be the next cam newton
    Romans 5:8