Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Contract extension

vCash
    Contract extensions aren't announced until long after the season. Lots of pieces of the puzzle to fall into place.

vCash
    Just stop... with the Mullen is leaving mess... TRUST the man and His words.... He's happy where he is.... (paraphrased)

Why/who in the hell would want to go to OM, TN, FL or Texas AM with all the booster issues.... There are many issues at each of these schools
    with the boosters running the athletic departments.... He would be starting over from the bottom.... Which one of these schools would allow 9 years of building a team from the bottom up... Mullen has been building MSU football program one game at a time. He has had to fight OM for recruits, while om paid them even in Starkville, MS, within 5 miles of the university... So just hang on, times are changing, but TRUST Coach Mullen and take him at HIS WORD and not the media's. Remember most of them don't get anything correct anyway.... Still NO COI as reported by a certain idiot in OM Media trash bag...

vCash
    Ate lunch with a friend who is a UT grad and member of the Country Club in Knoxville and he said he heard from boosters their trying to put a $10MM a year package together for Mullen. He said they offered Gruden $11MM but he declined. Not sure I believe it because people will bs you. He said, as a UT grad, that would be incredibly stupid for them to do.

Edited to add: if we can withstand the ride over the next few weeks, it will be a huge statement by Mullen to MSU if he stays. It communicates that there aren?t many, if any, jobs he?s willing to leave for.
    Last edited by HaggardDawg; 11-21-2017 at 09:19 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaggardDawg View Post
    Ate lunch with a friend who is a UT grad and member of the Country Club in Knoxville and he said he heard from boosters their trying to put a $10MM a year package together for Mullen. He said they offered Gruden $11MM but he declined. Not sure I believe it because people will bs you. He said, as a UT grad, that would be incredibly stupid for them to do.
    I love Dan but I can?t see anyone paying him Saban money....yet.

vCash
    I can’t imagine any school pays 10 mil for Mullen

He simply hasn’t done enough to warrant that. Bad rumor

vCash
    I think they?re desperate enough up there to try. But y?all are right, they?ve taken chances on the last 3 hires and it bit them. I don?t see them paying Saban money to anyone but a national championship coach ala urban, Saban, chip Kelly, stoops, etc.

vCash

Edited to add: if we can withstand the ride over the next few weeks, it will be a huge statement by Mullen to MSU if he stays. It communicates that there aren?t many, if any, jobs he?s willing to leave for.
    He was trolling you.

vCash
    I promise you he wasn?t trolling me. He said that?s what he heard from some big alums. Again, it may not have been from actual insiders.

vCash
    Have heard from a good source that the extension with Mullen is in the works and for staff also. Especially D-coordinator .

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    I promise you he wasn?t trolling me. He said that?s what he heard from some big alums. Again, it may not have been from actual insiders.
    He probably was not trolling you. He’s probably just completely full of shit because Dan Mullen is not getting a 10 million dollar offer from anyone.

vCash

TN is in debt because their WBB is no longer bring in money like it did under Summit. Their FB is underperforming and they have to fund Olympic sports. They ain’t paying Dan Mullen $10M a year! If they do God bless them because they’ve gone full retard.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    So i just talked to him again and he says he has now heard as of this afternoon that Gruden is a done deal and all the stuff about Mullen is a ruse. Okay so
    maybe not the most reliable source.

vCash
    I was in Knoxville 3 weeks ago and was talking with a couple of Doctors who are big ut boosters. These 2 wanted Les Miles and they told me there was a growing movement for Les. Reason being they?re tired of missing and wanted a proven winner. They also did say Gruden was first choice but didn?t think they would get him.Who knows how all this crap goes, it?s kinda fun watching all the experts in the media saying they know for sure who?s going where.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Only job that gives me pause is FSU & Mullen wouldn't be at the top of their list.

vCash
    I can tell you with absolute certainty that Megan Mullen has no plans of moving. Her parents live in Starkville and let’s just say she has made some recent investments that people expecting to move don’t make.

Another thing to consider is their son Cannon’s use of the MSU golf facilities and how that helped him.

Not saying that something can’t happen, but the Mullen’s are not preparing to move in their per their actions in their private lives.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Only job that gives me pause is FSU & Mullen wouldn't be at the top of their list.
    So you hold FSU as premier destination? Is it one of your dream jobs. Can u give us your top 5-10 jobs you?d leave for?

vCash
    Hearing Mullen told Tenn and Sexton no
    We are working on a raise for Mullen and Grantham
    We arent out of the woods yet- there are some scenarios that could lure Mullen away- but he REALLYYYY doesnt want to leave the 2018 team to someone else.

There is going to be alot of shuffling and posturing with all the openings. Will be crazy this offseason
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    So you hold FSU as premier destination? Is it one of your dream jobs. Can u give us your top 5-10 jobs you?d leave for?
    Mullen 100% leaves us for Fla State if he has the chance. And you couldnt blame him
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Mullen 100% leaves us for Fla State if he has the chance. And you couldnt blame him
    Based off what?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I don't think so. I think Mullen meant what he said when he came here. If he stays here long enough he is going to do it. When he does it will rank as one of the top coaching jobs of all time. I think THAT is what the man wants. We pay him well enough that he is already financially secure, and will be more so even if he stays.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 11-21-2017 at 10:00 PM.