Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Contract extension

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    Coach I don't think anyone doesn't think FSU, or TN, A&M, or FL, and others are better jobs, on paper. Money isn't always everything, and yes do those other programs have National Championships and history and such? Sure. But sometimes that's not all the matters to people.

I'm in the medical field and as I was approaching my 10 year anniversary with current company, one of the larger guys, with all the top products and ads and name all over the place offered me a job for a 20-25% pay raise with the possibility for more. But after I thought about it, I felt more at home at the smaller company where the president and VP know me by name and they have been very loyal to me, so I stayed where I was appreciated and important to leading this company to the next level with our new products around the corner.

May be a stupid example but, none of us knows what drives anyone to change jobs, or stay at a job. I know as a manager that the number 1 reason people leave their job, is their manager or direct report. The number 1 reason people stay at their job, their manager or direct report. These salaries for coaches are out of this world and a Guy already making $5-6MM doesn't need or leave for the money. It may be he wants that Natty, but also may not want to deal with the unknown pressures, booster involvement, and other and may just want to stay where the president and VP know him by name and told him they want him to lead their company to the next level.
    Good for you, I can relate to what you said. Who you work for means a lot more to you in the long run. Enjoying relationships is huge and having your boss having your back is a big plus!

Fsu is better on a National level but if momma ain't happy life can be missable.

vCash
    I?m a little late but I?ve heard the 10 million dollar rumor from Tennessee supporters also. I heard Gruden is first choice and Mullen is second.
    That could mean nothing more than a bad rumor making its way around Vol Nation but it?s definitely making its rounds.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Listen closely...
    1- Dan WILL NOT LEAVE FOR ANOTHER SEC SCHOOL- SLIVE RULE
    2- Tenn is not paying ANYONE 10mil a year.
    3- FlSt would def be considered by Dan but there are a million things that would have to fall in to place for him to get it. First being Jimbo leaving and that's unlikely.
    4- There are less than 10 teams in college football dan would leave for
    5- C34 is EXACTLY right... Dan really wants to coach the 2018 team and I'll add, he really wants to coach Mayden. Mayden will be the next cam newton
    Dude is 6?2?, 215 lbs. But yeah, next Cam Newton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasu Dackds View Post
    Maybe he meant Keytaon Thompson?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasu Dackds View Post
    Have seen him? I've seen some stuff.......wow.

vCash
    Tennessee is desperate and prone to making irrational decisions. Mullen is too smart for that risk. A&M? Would Dan be interested in a giant Mississippi State?? FSU fans are the exact same as UF fans, btw.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Dawg View Post
    I?m a little late but I?ve heard the 10 million dollar rumor from Tennessee supporters also. I heard Gruden is first choice and Mullen is second.
    That could mean nothing more than a bad rumor making its way around Vol Nation but it?s definitely making its rounds.
    It's a terrible rumor. Nobody is offering Mullen $10mil/yr.

vCash
    Dan?s not leaving. But rumors are going to blow up.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Dan?s not leaving. But rumors are going to blow up.
    Yes but they could be handled so much better by us also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Yes but they could be handled so much better by us also.
    No doubt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Little bro symptoms are shopping him for every job that come along, you have been doing that for years. You were saying the same thing about freaking MARYLAND last year. Yo don't know what Mullen wants anymore than I do. I DO listen to what he says. The vibes there this year are the strongest they have ever been. I believe we are a big boy program now and we are going to keep him till he does what he said he was going to do. I believe it CAN be done here, I'm not sure you do.
    You have to be a woman. And his talks with Maryland were 2 years ago. Nobody was chasing him last offseason when we went 5-7
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Guys stop pissing your pants. He has us by the balls, is worth more to us than he is to anyone else. He's about to have won 9 games in 3 of the last 4 years, and he's the only person who has ever proven he can do that here. But guess what, there is a whole big ass line of people who can do that at some of these other schools.

What does that mean? It means he's worth 6 mil to us, but UT or UF or A&M can get a coach for 3-4 mil a year to win 9 games, they aren't going to throw 7+ at someone who hasn't proven they can win a championship.

vCash
    IF Dan wins the Egg Bowl and whatever bowl we go to he and the entire staff- yes even Hevesy- deserve a big raise.

I think he stays. Here's the thing no one is talking about- IF he really thinks the 2018 team is special and could be even championship caliber potential his earning potential is likely to be even better after 2018 than it even is now. And that's not to say that I think he would leave after 2018- sometimes in the job world the best job and fit is the job you currently have. I think that's the case with Dan after he has looked around some in the past. But if he does well again after 2018- let's theoretically say 11-1 with a road loss to Alabama I could see him getting 10 million from MSU if that's the rate for a coach of his caliber- and I do think it is starting to trend that way for the very best coaches in college. That is quite a jump in salary from where he is now, but I'm speculating that as long as he wins the Egg Bowl he will get at least 6 to 6.5 million from us probably.

At any rate if he finishes 9-4 or 10-3 with an Egg Bowl win and then has a special season next year, I would be totally fine paying him 10 million and I think that extra 4 million would be taken care of in terms of fan support and other extrinsic factors. A coach winning at a 9-12 game level is worth probably even more than 10 million to us to be honest because of what it would do for MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Tennessee is desperate and prone to making irrational decisions. Mullen is too smart for that risk. A&M? Would Dan be interested in a giant Mississippi State?? FSU fans are the exact same as UF fans, btw.
    I'll be honest- going to Texas A&M this year it was just kind of meh. Plus you have a lot more pressure. I would honestly if given the choice just stay at MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me when "our" people start buying into this crap Egg Bowl week. It's like clock work, magnified this year due to the early signing period and the troubles up the road. They own us....still.
    1,000,000 percent Correct.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    IF Dan wins the Egg Bowl and whatever bowl we go to he and the entire staff- yes even Hevesy- deserve a big raise.

I think he stays. Here's the thing no one is talking about- IF he really thinks the 2018 team is special and could be even championship caliber potential his earning potential is likely to be even better after 2018 than it even is now. And that's not to say that I think he would leave after 2018- sometimes in the job world the best job and fit is the job you currently have. I think that's the case with Dan after he has looked around some in the past. But if he does well again after 2018- let's theoretically say 11-1 with a road loss to Alabama I could see him getting 10 million from MSU if that's the rate for a coach of his caliber- and I do think it is starting to trend that way for the very best coaches in college. That is quite a jump in salary from where he is now, but I'm speculating that as long as he wins the Egg Bowl he will get at least 6 to 6.5 million from us probably.

At any rate if he finishes 9-4 or 10-3 with an Egg Bowl win and then has a special season next year, I would be totally fine paying him 10 million and I think that extra 4 million would be taken care of in terms of fan support and other extrinsic factors. A coach winning at a 9-12 game level is worth probably even more than 10 million to us to be honest because of what it would do for MSU.
    The assistant coaches salariy need to be raised before Dan's salary.

vCash
    I was in Oxford this weekend with some A&M people. One guy I didn?t know was a petroleum engineer and kept talking about how his boss is the biggest athletic donor at A&M and he?s been told Dabo Sweeney will be offered the job for $9M. Could be a lot of lies in that, but if they pulled that off, would Clemson be interested in Dan?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Entodawg View Post
    I was in Oxford this weekend with some A&M people. One guy I didn?t know was a petroleum engineer and kept talking about how his boss is the biggest athletic donor at A&M and he?s been told Dabo Sweeney will be offered the job for $9M. Could be a lot of lies in that, but if they pulled that off, would Clemson be interested in Dan?
    That means they potentially have to wait around to the middle of Jan to get a coach. And if Clemson plays in the playoff again I have a hard time seeing Dabo leaving an established contender he built for A&M. Bama is the only school I could see him leaving Clemson for

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'll be honest- going to Texas A&M this year it was just kind of meh. Plus you have a lot more pressure. I would honestly if given the choice just stay at MSU.
    A&M is an infinitely better job than TN

- A&M is one of the youngest teams in the country this year.
    - Have the same size stadium as TN
    - Better recruting ground
    - Kellen Mond already on campus
    - Has been a 7-9 win team already which is better than TN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    The assistant coaches salariy need to be raised before Dan's salary.
    They all need to be raised.