Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
Coach I don't think anyone doesn't think FSU, or TN, A&M, or FL, and others are better jobs, on paper. Money isn't always everything, and yes do those other programs have National Championships and history and such? Sure. But sometimes that's not all the matters to people.

I'm in the medical field and as I was approaching my 10 year anniversary with current company, one of the larger guys, with all the top products and ads and name all over the place offered me a job for a 20-25% pay raise with the possibility for more. But after I thought about it, I felt more at home at the smaller company where the president and VP know me by name and they have been very loyal to me, so I stayed where I was appreciated and important to leading this company to the next level with our new products around the corner.

May be a stupid example but, none of us knows what drives anyone to change jobs, or stay at a job. I know as a manager that the number 1 reason people leave their job, is their manager or direct report. The number 1 reason people stay at their job, their manager or direct report. These salaries for coaches are out of this world and a Guy already making $5-6MM doesn't need or leave for the money. It may be he wants that Natty, but also may not want to deal with the unknown pressures, booster involvement, and other and may just want to stay where the president and VP know him by name and told him they want him to lead their company to the next level.
Good for you, I can relate to what you said. Who you work for means a lot more to you in the long run. Enjoying relationships is huge and having your boss having your back is a big plus!

Fsu is better on a National level but if momma ain't happy life can be missable.