Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OT - Net Neutrality

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    I hope none of y?all are small business owners with a web presence unless you are ready to start paying Comcast and Verizon and every other provider to ensure fast access to your business page.
    Seriously. This is giving more power to companies that have even lower approval ratings than congress. Think about that for a minute.

This is one of the few truly bipartisan issues out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Have you read Dreams From My Father and Obama?s view of America that he obtained from his anti American Father? That?s the easiest takeaway from the entire thing. There is a reason the book uses ?MY? instead of ?OF?. Elder Obama hated America, UK, and other nations he deemed as being responsible for ?colonialism?. Colonialism in which he viewed as being ruled by foreign nations. His views were that colonial nations pillaged, plundered and stole from the people they colonized. He believed that all of these nations deserved to be taken down and to repay their treasures back to these nations. Elder Obama believed the United States gained success from ill gotten and nefarious means, and were not legitimate. Current obama speaks of incorporating these anti colonial views into his own thinking.

Shall I continue, or will you read the remainder of the book? PM me your address and I?ll lend you my copy. I?ll steer clear of Obama?s college writings of anti American sentiment. There is google for that.

What I find so interesting is most Americans will believe some stranger on a park bench when they express their political Views, but refuse to believe someone who writes about their beliefs on their own damn book. Just further proof that Poole believe that which they want to believe and refuse to acknowledge that which refutes what they were indoctrinated to think or believe. .
    I'll send you $25 if you can post a picture of you holding this book with this post in the background on your computer tonight. (i don't know how much the book actually costs)

vCash
    Have you read Dreams From My Father and Obama?s view of America that he obtained from his anti American Father? That?s the easiest takeaway from the entire thing. There is a reason the book uses ?MY? instead of ?OF?. Elder Obama hated America, UK, and other nations he deemed as being responsible for ?colonialism?. Colonialism in which he viewed as being ruled by foreign nations. His views were that colonial nations pillaged, plundered and stole from the people they colonized. He believed that all of these nations deserved to be taken down and to repay their treasures back to these nations. Elder Obama believed the United States gained success from ill gotten and nefarious means, and were not legitimate. Current obama speaks of incorporating these anti colonial views into his own thinking.

Shall I continue, or will you read the remainder of the book? PM me your address and I?ll lend you my copy. I?ll steer clear of Obama?s college writings of anti American sentiment. There is google for that.

What I find so interesting is most Americans will believe some stranger on a park bench when they express their political Views, but refuse to believe someone who writes about their beliefs on their own damn book. Just further proof that Poole believe that which they want to believe and refuse to acknowledge that which refutes what they were indoctrinated to think or believe. .
    yeah, you clearly independently read that book and formed this independent opinion, and clearly didn't just get spoon fed it from a propaganda site.**

newsflash to the moron: Obama is out of office. he spent 8 years in office, and his actions while in office did nothing of the sort you allude to. i find it amazing that his actual actions while in office show no weight to your views, while some half-baked analysis of his absent father carries complete weight. as to your last sentence, you are completely correct for once. it has everything to do with what YOU have been indoctrinated to believe and that which you refuse to acknowledge.

vCash
    Just ignore Rouge when it comes to anything political. He cannot hold a conversation like an adult.

Stay on target so this topic so it won?t get locked. We need Net Neutrality to still be a thing. It?s a shame that some appointed asshole in Big TeleComs pocket get to make the decision almost all by himself to turn over the ability to decide who gets access to what information to the TeleComs. Not even 22 million people commenting on their site seemed to be enough to convince them, and most politicians are too old and out of the loop to understand what?s going on here. Please see the picture I posted on page one for a glimpse into the future.

vCash
    I think many* conservatives are about to realize that blanket deregulation has drawbacks. Internet has to be treated as a utility. Too few people control the infrastructure that the masses depend on. It needs control to protect the general public. If it were a novelty or luxury good, I wouldn't care. Internet is the backbone of commerce now and is easily exploited. Please don't let this happen. It benefits so few.

*not all

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I am going to argue against the agreeing with whichever politician.....this is about the internet. ISP do not deserve the option to throttle any information. They are a flipping utility. Period.
    Downvotes_Hype

Banned
    vCash
    This is Comcast trying to make up all the money they've lost since people have cut the cord and they want to make Netflix, Amazon, Youtube too slow or expensive to use so people are forced to stick with Comcast. This company needs to stop existing. They are as evil as we've seen in the last thirty years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    This is Comcast trying to make up all the money they've lost since people have cut the cord and they want to make Netflix, Amazon, Youtube too slow or expensive to use so people are forced to stick with Comcast. This company needs to stop existing. They are as evil as we've seen in the last thirty years.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    This South Park reference, but in a full body S&M bodysuit is the future. If the people who own the wires that connect us to the internet get to regulate it's content, the potential for malfeasance is unlimited. Also, as ckDog said above, I really do hope this teaches conservatives about deregulating for the purpose of deregulating. We don't want regulations just to stick it to the wealthy- we generally want them to protect the consumer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    This South Park reference, but in a full body S&M bodysuit is the future. If the people who own the wires that connect us to the internet get to regulate it's content, the potential for malfeasance is unlimited. Also, as ckDog said above, I really do hope this teaches conservatives about deregulating for the purpose of deregulating. We don't want regulations just to stick it to the wealthy- we generally want them to protect the consumer.
    Yeah, blind deregulation is just as dumb as arguing a doctor and a janitor should take home the same amount of $$ in some egalitarian utopia.

vCash
    Yeah, blind deregulation is just as dumb as arguing a doctor and a janitor should take home the same amount of $$ in some egalitarian utopia.
    Correct, and there are very few people out there who are in favor of an absolute egalitarian utopia.

vCash
    and about 40% of the country is in favor of the former, while maybe 1% the latter. 'merica. this country will keep getting worse until we can get those back in proportion.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Good job tearing this thread a new one, sport.**

Have fun continuing this very intriguing convo on the political board.
    My bad. I just have a difficult time with people who refuse to believe water is wet, if the water they are dealing with rips their entire life?s indoctrination to shreds. It’s the mentality of 99.99% of the bearshart fans.

As a society all we really have to do is turn off the television and read things. Books, writings, Kennedy Papers, Govt Releases, etc. I watch 5-6 hours of tv a week, including MSU and New Orleans sporting events. Other than that, it?s podcasts and reading. Neither side of the political spectrum is as pure as the driven snow. It?s all there if we just educate ourselves and stop getting caught up in what color dress Kim Kardashian poured champagne down this week and Who released the latest sex video. There is a reason they want us to focus on all of these unimportant things.

vCash
    My bad. I just have a difficult time with people who refuse to believe water is wet, if the water they are dealing with rips their entire life?s indoctrination to shreds. It’s the mentality of 99.99% of the bearshart fans.

As a society all we really have to do is turn off the television and read things. Books, writings, Kennedy Papers, Govt Releases, etc. I watch 5-6 hours of tv a week, including MSU and New Orleans sporting events. Other than that, it?s podcasts and reading. Neither side of the political spectrum is as pure as the driven snow. It?s all there if we just educate ourselves and stop getting caught up in what color dress Kim Kardashian poured champagne down this week and Who released the latest sex video. There is a reason they want us to focus on all of these unimportant things.
    Well you should probably be reading a little more, considering how net neutrality literally means the opposite of what you appear to think it means.

vCash

But the internet is most people’s access to books, writings, Kennedy Papers, govt releases, etc., and if Comcast or Verizon or time warner can dictate the sources you get all that information from by charging a premium for certain outlets and not others, then you are getting a biased perspective without even having the opportunity to read opposing viewpoints.

vCash

Do Something About Net Neutrality

If you want to do something about the potential abolishment of net neutrality, start by telling the FCC. I'm going to make this simple for you. The more people that do this the better chance we have at protecting our freedoms.

Go here:
    https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/search/proceedings?q=name(17-108))
    Click "Express"

Fill out your information to submit to FCC. Your statement could be as simple as:
    "I support net neutrality backed by Title II oversight of ISPs."

In case you don't know what "Title II" is, that is the what states that internet service providers are "common carriers", not "information providers". This is an important piece that prevents ISPs from deciding controlling everything you do on the internet.

Thanks to EliteDawgs mods for allowing this platform to continue, as this affects us all, whether you're a bulldog or a rebel, conservative, liberal, or anything in between. If you use the internet, you will be drastically affected in a negative way if net neutrality is abolished. Original thread here: http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread...Net-Neutrality

vCash
    Some people still don?t get how dangerous this is. The only two arguments I?ve heard for killing Net Neutrality are:

1. All regulations bad!
    2. Obama, so bad!
    3. They won?t ruin everything if we give them the power, we promise!

Some people also do not seem to understand what it is. Let me make this really simple for you- do you support an internet where your ISP can decide what you have access to and at what speeds? Do you want to give ISPs the ability to censor content? Do you want an industry that has a monopoly or near monopoly on a service that, in 2017, really isn?t optional to be able to pick and choose what you can access?

If you answered no, which you likely did, then what?s about to happen is terrible and you should contact your representatives to stop it.
    Last edited by BulldogDX55; 11-23-2017 at 04:26 PM.

vCash
    There is a reason the first amendment is about speech. The ability to share knowledge is vastly more powerful than guns. take a look at some of the countries in Africa... plenty have guns but they don't have knowledge. The internet allows for the poor to escape poverty by learning. If you can't understand this then i'm going to pray for you and if you have produced offspring that they may understand the value of the ability to share knowledge globally.

vCash
    Bump. Too important to let this get lost.

vCash
    Political threads don’t belong here....delete