Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT - Net Neutrality

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

OT - Net Neutrality

Just to prove a point, why doesn't Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, ESPN, CW, Fox, etc just temporarily slow down their own speeds on accessing information. I believe once people realize the possibility that Internet Service Provider companies will have the ability to control how quickly you access the information you want on the web based on their own purposes, it may be too late.

Net Neutrality will lead to increased cost, slower service, and companies controlling accessibility to information. They already have regional monopolies on access because they have agreements in place based on them fronting the money to install the access points and launching satellites.

Imagine if the power company could control how quickly you get electricity based on what you used said electricity on.
    Imagine if the water company could influence your usage by sometimes limiting the amount of water you could receive.

Classic example is CSprire has fiber in Starkville. Imagine if CSpire owns or has a financial stake in Hulu. Wouldn't it benefit them to slow Netflix down. Netflix loses customers. Netflix no longer can afford the best content. Netflix loses more customers. We miss The Punisher Season 2.

Att companies could or will slow or block CBS streaming and Fox
    Comcast will launch their own skin to work over Netflix and Hulu with their own advertisements. Netflix and Hulu both could be controlled otherwise. Comcast will charge a premium to allow these services to run without it.

They would no longer have to equalize all priorities. they will be able to set them to whatever they like.

Hulu streaming a football game. ATT slows down their services because Directv needs you to watch their version.

On and On and On.

If I were comcast, I would start my attack today. Price it up due to the new power you have.

Not to mention Adult Entertainment - well CSpire could be against that. Back to the stone age to everyone in Mississippi. How long before legislators work out funding deals with CSpire or others if they agree to slow down some types of information?

It will all soon be on the table fellas. UM may convince CSprire or MaxSouth to throttle elitedawgs down? There are no other alternatives because of the regional monopolies.

Everyone may need to call their congress representatives.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I work in IT. This would help some people understand but not all.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    The net neutrality will eventually lead to bandwidth throttling of websites they don?t want people to view, make up some reason, and circumvents the 1st amendment of free speech. The easiest way to circumvent the 1sr amendment was to relinquish US control of internet. Then is doesn?t fall under constitutional coverage. Go research the reasons Obama and his minions wanted it in the first place.

If I?m not mistaken, didn?t the FCC recently rescind the Obama era net neutrality stuff? Obama essentially used the FCC to circumvent Congress and hand over our control of the Internet. This was just one of hundreds of instances of the great ?Constitutional Professor?s? circumvention of the constitution.

I?ll save the other items Obama signed in conjunction with UN and EU regulations, that only needed one more Dem term to take control of Supreme Court and implement. But I digress. Why would anyone believe me on these numerous circumvention of our constitution? most of the country still refuses to believe obama himself when he literally wrote about his feelings for America and his intentions to being America back down with the rest of the world in ?Dreams From My Father?? His actions for 8 years confirm his intentions in his book, and last time I checked this book wasn?t on the fiction section.

I?m not a Trump fan but the best thing about him being elected is the truth on Obama will not be covered up. The mainstream media won?t report it but the house of cards will fall in due time.

vCash
    Kind of like how DirecTV hasn?t carried Jackson?s Fox channel is months. Imagine that happening between your internet provider and Netflix, ESPN, etc. They could block them or slow them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    The net neutrality will eventually lead to bandwidth throttling of websites they don?t want people to view, make up some reason, and circumvents the 1st amendment of free speech. The easiest way to circumvent the 1sr amendment was to relinquish US control of internet. Then is doesn?t fall under constitutional coverage. Go research the reasons Obama and his minions wanted it in the first place.

If I?m not mistaken, didn?t the FCC recently rescind the Obama era net neutrality stuff? Obama essentially used the FCC to circumvent Congress and hand over our control of the Internet. This was just one of hundreds of instances of the great ?Constitutional Professor?s? circumvention of the constitution.

I?ll save the other items Obama signed in conjunction with UN and EU regulations, that only needed one more Dem term to take control of Supreme Court and implement. But I digress. Why would anyone believe me on these numerous circumvention of our constitution? most of the country still refuses to believe obama himself when he literally wrote about his feelings for America and his intentions to being America back down with the rest of the world in ?Dreams From My Father?? His actions for 8 years confirm his intentions in his book, and last time I checked this book wasn?t on the fiction section.

I?m not a Trump fan but the best thing about him being elected is the truth on Obama will not be covered up. The mainstream media won?t report it but the house of cards will fall in due time.
    I have always found it amazing that people really think U.S. presidents don't care about America. Whatever happened to disagreeing with someone's policies without thinking that their difference of opinion means that they're evil or have some nefarious motive? That's part of the problem these days imo.

vCash
    I feel net neutrality goes in front of congress as much as gun laws. Either way, they?re gonna get what they want and eventually force us to pay for free goods.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    I have always found it amazing that people really think U.S. presidents don't care about America. Whatever happened to disagreeing with someone's policies without thinking that their difference of opinion means that they're evil or have some nefarious motive? That's part of the problem these days imo.
    Have you read Dreams From My Father and Obama?s view of America that he obtained from his anti American Father? That?s the easiest takeaway from the entire thing. There is a reason the book uses ?MY? instead of ?OF?. Elder Obama hated America, UK, and other nations he deemed as being responsible for ?colonialism?. Colonialism in which he viewed as being ruled by foreign nations. His views were that colonial nations pillaged, plundered and stole from the people they colonized. He believed that all of these nations deserved to be taken down and to repay their treasures back to these nations. Elder Obama believed the United States gained success from ill gotten and nefarious means, and were not legitimate. Current obama speaks of incorporating these anti colonial views into his own thinking.

Shall I continue, or will you read the remainder of the book? PM me your address and I?ll lend you my copy. I?ll steer clear of Obama?s college writings of anti American sentiment. There is google for that.

What I find so interesting is most Americans will believe some stranger on a park bench when they express their political Views, but refuse to believe someone who writes about their beliefs on their own damn book. Just further proof that Poole believe that which they want to believe and refuse to acknowledge that which refutes what they were indoctrinated to think or believe. .

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    I feel net neutrality goes in front of congress as much as gun laws. Either way, they?re gonna get what they want and eventually force us to pay for free goods.
    Hope not or it'll be bad. Gun laws haven't passed since 1791 either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    The fact that the FCC is actively ignoring 22 million comments supporting net neutrality says it all. Government is ultimately going to do what it wants, will of the people be damned.

vCash
    Have you read Dreams From My Father and Obama?s view of America that he obtained from his anti American Father? That?s the easiest takeaway from the entire thing. There is a reason the book uses ?MY? instead of ?OF?. Elder Obama hated America, UK, and other nations he deemed as being responsible for ?colonialism?. Colonialism in which he viewed as being ruled by foreign nations. His views were that colonial nations pillaged, plundered and stole from the people they colonized. He believed that all of these nations deserved to be taken down and to repay their treasures back to these nations. Elder Obama believed the United States gained success from ill gotten and nefarious means, and were not legitimate. Current obama speaks of incorporating these anti colonial views into his own thinking.

Shall I continue, or will you read the remainder of the book? PM me your address and I?ll lend you my copy. I?ll steer clear of Obama?s college writings of anti American sentiment. There is google for that.

What I find so interesting is most Americans will believe some stranger on a park bench when they express their political Views, but refuse to believe someone who writes about their beliefs on their own damn book. Just further proof that Poole believe that which they want to believe and refuse to acknowledge that which refutes what they were indoctrinated to think or believe. .
    Good job tearing this thread a new one, sport.**

Have fun continuing this very intriguing convo on the political board.

vCash
    Edit out the my side vs. your side political comments (from the quote too) so we can keep this awareness going longer before its locked. Both of you... please and hurry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    Edit out the my side vs. your side political comments (from the quote too) so we can keep this awareness going longer before its locked. Both of you... please and hurry.
    No shit. Show some ****ing restraint. There are plenty of adults in the room, conservative and liberal alike, who don't feel the need to go to DEFCON 1 with the mere mention of something remotely political. Learn to share the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    Because our government doesn't care about us. It's about them taking care of themselves and whoever gives them the most money. And it doesn't matter which party.

vCash

Without addressing your Alex jones sponsored drivel on Obama, net neutrality basically means the internet providers can’t pick and choose the websites that users have faster access to. Relinquishing “US control of the internet” means nothing, the govt isn’t controlling the internet, they are governing internet providers to make sure anyone with an internet connection has equal access to any and all websites. For instance, Comcast might allow for high speed access to all NBS related sites (news, sports, etc), while prohibitively throttling access to other news and sports sites unless you pay a premium to open open up your bandwidth to those sites. Do you not think that’s a problem? What about if your local internet provider is owned by an ole miss alum and they decide to throttle the bandwidth to state’s websites and message boards, while leaving open access to ole miss’s sites and boards? Follow the money. There is simply nothing beneficial to the average consumer to get rid of net neutrality.

vCash
    With this thread, I've learned that the only argument against net neutrality was to give TeleComs more freedom to innovate (new ways to screw us).

Nope, still gonna side with free and open internet that cannot be censored or throttled by private entities.

I don?t want my selection from my internet provider to look like this:

That?s what it looks like in Portugal right now where they got rid of Net Neutrality. Does anyone here want that?
    Last edited by BulldogDX55; 11-22-2017 at 09:18 AM.

vCash
    The net neutrality will eventually lead to bandwidth throttling of websites they don?t want people to view, make up some reason, and circumvents the 1st amendment of free speech.
    I think you meant that a lack of net neutrality will lead to bandwidth throttling of websites?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I think you meant that a lack of net neutrality will lead to bandwidth throttling of websites?
    Yeah, he seems to think that Net Neutrality is literally the opposite of what it actually his.

vCash
    Yeah, RougeDawg seems to really be missing the boat on what net neutrality actually is. It’s ok to agree with Obama on a some things, and net neutrality is one we should all agree on, whether you’re an anarchist or a libertarian or a standard democrat or a standard republican.

Banned
    vCash
    Why they gotta find new ways to make this country more and more shitty everyday

vCash
    I hope none of y’all are small business owners with a web presence unless you are ready to start paying Comcast and Verizon and every other provider to ensure fast access to your business page.