Thread: Actual Egg Bowl

vCash

Actual Egg Bowl

Aside from all the BS that is out there right now, what are yalls (realistic) thoughts on the game and how it will play out?

I think they will make some plays, thats what they do, but if we show up they wont want anymore of us by the end of the night. They are not a physical football team and we are. I think even they will admit that. But anyone expecting them to lay down Thursday, especially if we let them hang around is wrong..its their last game and its against us. Say what you want but Luke will have them fired up. All that rah rah stuff usually fades away after getting punched in the nose a few times though. Lets get after their ass

Banned
    vCash
    I am worried about it because their yardball philosophy will keep them in it, because they have just enough athletes to do it. Big plays and turnovers can swing any game.

But I also feel it may be an irrational worry. We probably end up winning like 45-21.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasu Dackds View Post
    I am worried about it because their yardball philosophy will keep them in it, because they have just enough athletes to do it. Big plays and turnovers can swing any game.

But I also feel it may be an irrational worry. We probably end up winning like 45-21.
    All that yardball is great but real ball is won in the trenches and by tackling. We are better than them at both. I do agree though they will make some plays, especially early on I think. Give us a few drives to get a feel for em and we should be ok

vCash
    They will definitely come out fired up. Think about this though, a bad Cal team held them scoreless in the second half, a bad arky team held them to 6 points in the second half and mediocre AM held them to zero points in the second half. Our defense is exponentially better than all those. They may stay in it for awhile but we will wear and grind them and should pull away from the 2nd quarter on.

vCash
    Alabama beat them 66-3 so we should win by 56.

vCash
    I came in expecting to see this:

Leaving disappointed...
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    I came in expecting to see this:

Leaving disappointed...
    Atta boy

vCash
    Well.... Last year was 55-20, We are better than we were last year, they are worse than they were last year. We played on the road last year, at home this year. Soooo, I feel pretty good. Emotion will keep them in the game for about a quarter or so, 3rd quarter we pull away big-time and the entire 4th quarter is celebration.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    They can make our defense suffer with Ta'amu's play extending ability. They have a tough scheme to defend if they play hard. They should hace beaten Arkansas by 2 td's. Our D-line play is the key, they should be pumped, therefore they should rape them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Well.... Last year was 55-20, We are better than we were last year, they are worse than they were last year. We played on the road last year, at home this year. Soooo, I feel pretty good. Emotion will keep them in the game for about a quarter or so, 3rd quarter we pull away big-time and the entire 4th quarter is celebration.
    In these games you can throw last year, the records all that out the window. None of it matters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    They can make our defense suffer with Ta'amu's play extending ability. They have a tough scheme to defend if they play hard. They should hace beaten Arkansas by 2 td's. Our D-line play is the key, they should be pumped, therefore they should rape them.
    Key is making them give up on the run. They dont wanna run it anyway they wanna play 7 on 7

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Key is making them give up on the run. They dont wanna run it anyway they wanna play 7 on 7
    I think the biggest key is will Mullen abandon the run and try to prove that we are a pass first team like he did on Fayetteville last week. Every game we have struggled early this year, Dan has gotten cute early and tried to pass. It has caused us slow starts and some big early deficits.

vCash
    I think if our team is focused we will absolutely roll them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    I think the biggest key is will Mullen abandon the run and try to prove that we are a pass first team like he did on Fayetteville last week. Every game we have struggled early this year, Dan has gotten cute early and tried to pass. It has caused us slow starts and some big early deficits.
    Yeah we gotta come out and pound the ball and set the tone. Beat on em Til they quit. RUN THE FOOTBALL