Thread: Braves

vCash

Braves

Apparently we are getting hammered... maitan, Gutierrez, Yunior Severino and Juan Contreras as well, quoth Badler all FAs. Sad day to realize my favorite sport team is the equivalent to OM. Crap

vCash
    Hang in there, 7. Better days ahead for our Braves. Hopefully.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Apparently we are getting hammered... maitan, Gutierrez, Yunior Severino and Juan Contreras as well, quoth Badler all FAs. Sad day to realize my favorite sport team is the equivalent to OM. Crap
    So basically all the good players they picked up internationally. Do we at least have the chance to resign them?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    So basically all the good players they picked up internationally. Do we at least have the chance to resign them?
    No idea, but I guess no.

vCash
    It may be the final nail in my MLB coffin. I used to love pro sports as much as college. Being from OTP ATL, I loved going to Hawks, Falcons, and Braves games. I watched or listened to almost every game for all three - from as far back as I can remember through college. The Hawks were the first to go - 1994 mid season trade of 'Nique (in his best season as a team player, and best season in team history) for Danny Mannings' bad knees. Never watched a Hawks game again. Super Bowl XXXIII - or the Eugene Robinson loves hookers game - did me in as a Falcons fan. But, I knew I would always have the Braves. I'd been there since the Gary Matthews/Bob Horner/dale Murphy/Biff Pocoroba days and years and years in last. I'd relished '82 and the win streak. I'd survived Eddie Haas as manager. I'd watched the pieces start to fall in place in '89 and '90, and went to every game I could in the Summer of '91 before leaving for Starkville because you could see how special that team was. That Chipper kid from Florida who was just a year older than me - but was living my dream - kept me as a fan through Ted Turner losing the team to AOL/Time Warner, strikes, juiced balls, and steroids. When Skip died, I watched and listened less. When Pete retired, I watched and listened even less. Every once in a while on a summer Saturday I'd check in with Ole' Hoss to see that he was still hitting .300 on his gimpy knees and enjoy that swing. But, I couldn't name half the lineup or tell you their BA or ERA. I enjoyed how his pal Freddie seemed to reinvigorate him and keep him going despite our age. When Ole' Hoss went to pasture, my interest really did too. And now they can't win. They play in an overpriced castle on a hill surrounded by gridlock. And I just don't care to see it anymore. Give me Canny and our hardnosed kids, and hustle, and pride for school any day now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    It may be the final nail in my MLB coffin. I used to love pro sports as much as college. Being from OTP ATL, I loved going to Hawks, Falcons, and Braves games. I watched or listened to almost every game for all three - from as far back as I can remember through college. The Hawks were the first to go - 1994 mid season trade of 'Nique (in his best season as a team player, and best season in team history) for Danny Mannings' bad knees. Never watched a Hawks game again. Super Bowl XXXIII - or the Eugene Robinson loves hookers game - did me in as a Falcons fan. But, I knew I would always have the Braves. I'd been there since the Gary Matthews/Bob Horner/dale Murphy/Biff Pocoroba days and years and years in last. I'd relished '82 and the win streak. I'd survived Eddie Haas as manager. I'd watched the pieces start to fall in place in '89 and '90, and went to every game I could in the Summer of '91 before leaving for Starkville because you could see how special that team was. That Chipper kid from Florida who was just a year older than me - but was living my dream - kept me as a fan through Ted Turner losing the team to AOL/Time Warner, strikes, juiced balls, and steroids. When Skip died, I watched and listened less. When Pete retired, I watched and listened even less. Every once in a while on a summer Saturday I'd check in with Ole' Hoss to see that he was still hitting .300 on his gimpy knees and enjoy that swing. But, I couldn't name half the lineup or tell you their BA or ERA. I enjoyed how his pal Freddie seemed to reinvigorate him and keep him going despite our age. When Ole' Hoss went to pasture, my interest really did too. And now they can't win. They play in an overpriced castle on a hill surrounded by gridlock. And I just don't care to see it anymore. Give me Canny and our hardnosed kids, and hustle, and pride for school any day now.
    Dang man, that was heavy! Making me nostalgic for the 1970's-early 2000's Braves. Before 4 billion tv stations and saturation of sports(and we didn't have cable so no TBS), I listened to the Braves every night in the '70's and early '80's even though they sucked. Then at the end of the '80's you could see the building of the team that would become so great for so many years and I followed them religously. When Bobby retired and then Chipper it just doesnt feel the same. I still keep up and watch but some of the Braves magic has been taken away.

vCash
    12 players, mukti year ban/restrictions in intl FA market, and a 3rd round pick. The latter reportedly for jokingly offering to throw in a car. MLB gave their version of the death penalty for what everyone concedes all teams do. This could get ugly, Braves can't just accept this.

vCash
    Coppolella gets lifetime ban. Shoeless Joe, Pete Rose and now Coppolella.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 11-21-2017 at 04:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Coppolella gets lifetime ban. Shoeless Joe, Pete Rose and now Copplolella.
    Seriously?

vCash
    Seriously?
    Seriously. Lifetime ban. Unreal.

vCash
    Seriously?
    Yeah the more rind they peal back the stinkier it gets. Crazy.